SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I really don't know what they were thinking with this. I get that this probably took a lot of work to organise etc. but it's pretty much been a waste of time. I feel like the HT showcase on the 23rd is just going to be the exact same again. My expectations are exceedingly low and I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

And they haven't even had the decency to drop some reward codes today throughout any of the streams for wasting peoples times after implying yesterday that there would be new stuff today.

They could have at least reposed the figures and swapped out the accessories to show us more.

Aaaand it's the exact same figures for the SIXTH stream in a row now. Who at Marketing/PR/Events Management thought this was a good idea?

Yeah, a little disappointing, although if they spread out what they have over a couple of days we'd all be mad that they held back stuff "they have already revealed anyway". I think they're in a tricky position, honestly. I'm just glad we got the classic suit Spidey and hope for a couple more reveals of that caliber before the week is out. I'll be ok with that.

Yeah, a little disappointing, although if they spread out what they have over a couple of days we'd all be mad that they held back stuff "they have already revealed anyway". I think they're in a tricky position, honestly. I'm just glad we got the classic suit Spidey and hope for a couple more reveals of that caliber before the week is out. I'll be ok with that.

They just shouldn't have had any streams today and just streamed on days there were actually new things.

Yeah, I really don't know what they were thinking with this. I get that this probably took a lot of work to organise etc. but it's pretty much been a waste of time. I feel like the HT showcase on the 23rd is just going to be the exact same again. My expectations are exceedingly low and I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

And they haven't even had the decency to drop some reward codes today throughout any of the streams for wasting peoples times after implying yesterday that there would be new stuff today.

They could have at least reposed the figures and swapped out the accessories to show us more.

Yes, 6 livestreams in the exact same booth setup is nuts. It?s great that they?re doing a live online con with an actual booth during these times but this wasn?t thought through... I remember the announcement where they insisted that we had to join daily because they would switch up the booth every day...

Good news is that the moderater in the stream today said that there will be new stuff in the coming days.

I think they would have been better off to do their daily shows where they showcase a few pieces at a time and go into more detail on each of them rather than showing everything at once, multiple times, via quick walk-throughs.

Hopefully this virtual showcase will be a one-off, but yeah, repeating the same content is pretty disappointing. i won't bother with the upcoming reveals unless there's joy/elation/sadness/anger in these threads! :)

Tuned into this morning's live stream late, looking for the "new" items they teased via e-mail. Did I miss anything good or has it only been bobble-heads, backpacks, etc?

Nothing new today for Hot Toys either, yet they have another stream in at 4pm PT again showing the exact same stuff again.

Nothing new today for Hot Toys either, yet they have another stream in at 4pm PT again showing the exact same stuff again.

iu

And people are defending them for showing the exact same **** from Hot Toys for 3 days in a row :dunno

I appreciate them hosting an online show in lieu of a proper convention but repeatedly streaming the same items is asinine.

Yeah obviously they didn't have to do this and the idea is cool but it's really not well executed at all. Monday was interesting because it was new stuff but 3 days of the same stuff is just mind numbing.

Watch pre-recorded virtual tour at Hot Toys on July 23rd that firstly unveils the masterfully crafted prototypes. Plus, recently debuted figures.

Pretty sure they will show more stuff plus what's already been shown...although this is HT we're talking about.

Back