Robocop 12" Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While this is sure to please and amaze, especially with the hidden holster, the elbow articulation seems to be just as restricted as the McFarlane one, in that it looks to only bend to 90 degrees.

But the question is how far could the actor bend his elbow in the suit? I think I'm okay with restricted articulation since Robocop was not hopping and jumping all over the place. A small loss of articulation for the aesthetic gain is a fair trade... because IMO that figure is amazing, especially considering thats production :monkey5

If this figure is based on the original suit used in the film, then I'd expect it to have the same articulation. I'm sure the suit used in the film restricked Peter Wellers articulation!

I've got to say that I'll be displaying mine with the helmet on! :monkey1

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Yeah, the unhelmeted looks a bit weak... but you never know in person it could be better. But I always felt he looked best with the helmet on... so that would be the one I'd prefer if I could only have one look.

I think Peter Weller had a lot of room for movement in the suit. It's just that materials used to achieve that wouldn't work for an affordable 1/6 scale figure. I also think they didn't worry about the longevity of the suit so used material that would eventually fall apart but would allow enough movement just for filming.
For an action figure, it has a large enough range of articulation for me.

PsychoCenobite said:
If this figure is based on the original suit used in the film, then I'd expect it to have the same articulation. I'm sure the suit used in the film restricked Peter Wellers articulation!

I've got to say that I'll be displaying mine with the helmet on! :monkey1

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Psycho, do you know ehre your buying yours from?

And how about the Maul? Its nearly as good as mine :)

netboy said:
Psycho, do you know ehre your buying yours from?

And how about the Maul? Its nearly as good as mine :)

Both will come from Sideshow... unless you can PM an old design comp looser with some better information?! :monkey3

I'd like to see how your light sabers are coming along! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :chew

Super Poseable said:
Thanks for the link. I was fearful that it may end up being a glorifed statue like McFarlane's figures, but I preordered it anyway! :lol
Here's hoping I could pose this one like it was suffering from a Directive Four error!

That'll be one of the first poses I try...especially when he draws his weapon on Jones while going through "shutdown"

As for McFarlane, I think the battle-damaged McF 12 inch would look good posed with HT's ED-209.

Back