RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vampyres (2015) - 1/10
The less said about this, the better. 1 outta 10 for the boobies.

Philadelphia - 7.5/10
I needed some quality film after the previous one. Hadn't seen this in years. Even though AIDS is more treatable in current days than it was in the 80s and 90s, this still remains a powerful movie with some great acting.

Blue Thunder - 6/10
Basically childhood nostalgia. The story is a bit iffy, but all the helicopter stuff still looks awesome. I love it that they slapped some mean looking hardware on a Gazelle helicopter, throwing it out of balance, needing to add counterweights and just fly with it. Beats crappy helicopter CGI any day.
I just watched Blue Thunder for the first time in years. My son watched it with me. A few things

1. I think I enjoyed it more this last time than I ever did before. I think some of the dialogue went above my head when I was a kid.

2. I enjoyed the plot more (probably cause I got the dialogue)

3. The real stunts with the choppers in the city are amazing

4. What a weird film to make. Would never be made today even though it’s basically a cop / espionage movie with helicopters instead of a big car chase.

5. Everyone at that military presentation of Blue Thunder probably should have been killed :lol

6. Man I still love the soundtrack :)

The Haunting of Julia- Mia Ferro starts in this Ghost Flick based on a Peter Staub novel. The Film got some decent reviews with its rerelease.

OMG what garbage. So boring.

0.5 out of 10

I just watched Blue Thunder for the first time in years. My son watched it with me. A few things

1. I think I enjoyed it more this last time than I ever did before. I think some of the dialogue went above my head when I was a kid.

2. I enjoyed the plot more (probably cause I got the dialogue)

3. The real stunts with the choppers in the city are amazing

4. What a weird film to make. Would never be made today even though it’s basically a cop / espionage movie with helicopters instead of a big car chase.

5. Everyone at that military presentation of Blue Thunder probably should have been killed :lol

6. Man I still love the soundtrack :)
I will always have a soft spot for Blue Thunder. My dad took me to see it at the cinema when I was 12!

OK I finally rewatched Mission Impossible 2 for the first time since it came out (I've done a really good job avoiding it until now), and yeah, it's still pretty awful. A bit more cheesy fun than I remembered, but the story is just as generic as can be. And the action is surprisingly lame as well, despite coming from John Woo.

Kinda funny though how we see Ethan Hunt pulling off all kinds of crazy fight moves and spin kicks in this movie that we never see him use again. 😄

Of course the biggest highlight is Thandie Newton looking absolutely gorgeous and sexy as hell.

OK I finally rewatched Mission Impossible 2 for the first time since it came out (I've done a really good job avoiding it until now), and yeah, it's still pretty awful. A bit more cheesy fun than I remembered, but the story is just as generic as can be. And the action is surprisingly lame as well, despite coming from John Woo.

Kinda funny though how we see Ethan Hunt pulling off all kinds of crazy fight moves and spin kicks in this movie that we never see him use again. 😄

Of course the biggest highlight is Thandie Newton looking absolutely gorgeous and sexy as hell.
And as an Australian, that whole part of it is embarrassing. Australian actors putting on over the top accents is one of my pet hates.

rewatched The Thing 2011 last night. 7.5/10 very enjoyable. I was surprised I started and finished movie all in one sitting. Usually takes me days.

And as an Australian, that whole part of it is embarrassing. Australian actors putting on over the top accents is one of my pet hates.
Yeah that guy had to be the most forgettable IMF agent in the entire series. Not surprising at all that he wasn't brought back.

And what the heck was Anthony Hopkins doing in this movie? That was random as hell.

Darkness Falls - 4/10
One of those movies that I enjoyed when I was younger and that genuinely scared me. Now, not so much... The creature looked a bit lame as well. I remember there was someMcFarlane figure based upon an unused version of the creature. They should've went with that.

I've been meaning to give that one a rewatch. I remember thinking it was one of the better modern horror movies to come out, but I barely remember anything about it now.

No idea if the sequels are worth checking out.

Tusk - 6/10
I wanted to see this for the longest time, but never came around to it. It was an absurd, but interesting movie. I quite liked it. It dragged a bit here and there, but overall a very enjoyable watch.

Rambo - 7/10
My favorite of the series. A fairly good story and good action. The religious folk who want to go into the warzone are a bit annoying, but no big deal.

We’re The Millers 7/10
After listening to the Brett Goldstein/Jason Sudeikis podcast this came up and I couldn’t believe given it’s reputation I had never seen this. What a lot of fun it is. Every one is really willing to go all out and it’s great to see a really balls to the wall (literally at one point lol) R rated comedy. Well written and really well acted, such an amazing cast, Jennifer Aniston, Will Poulter, Emma Roberts, Ed Helms, Nick Offerman and Kathryn Hahn are a riot, plus Luis Guzman and the great Ken Marino in small roles. Really looking to go do a Sudeikis deep dive now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5807330/?ref_=tttrv_ov

This is an amazing documentary.

In 2004 Marvin Heemeyer took revenge on the townspeople of Granby, Colorado. He armoured and modified a Komatsu D355A bulldozer with three gun ports for his rifles, including a .50 Barrett M82, thereby turning it into a 63-ton unstoppable tank.

The film is a combination of interviews, reconstructions and genuine footage of the rampage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/marvin-heemeyers-armored-bulldozer/

Last edited:
The Town 8.5/10

Hadn't seen it for years. Remember liking it. It still holds up.

Having only just watched the 4K version of Heat a week or so ago, it was funny to see Affleck's character actually watching it in the film. Then the shots when they are dressed as nun's almost mimic's some of the shot's from Heat.

A solid homage.

Netflix's Triple Frontier.
Eh. Great cast, could have gone somewhere, but just sort of faltered and ended up kind of leaden.
5/10.

Worth a sequel if the script/editing tightened up.

Just caught "The Last Duel" and I'm blown away. The medieval setting, gripping storyline, and stellar performances had me hooked. Ridley Scott's direction shines. A solid 9/10 from me.
Yep. 100% agree. I think it is one of his most under appreciated films. Damon just kills it.

Dune (2021) - 9/10
This was the third time I saw it. But it felt like it was the first time I fully grasped all the story elements and things going on. What an amazing film. I can't wait for part 2.

Just caught "The Last Duel" and I'm blown away. The medieval setting, gripping storyline, and stellar performances had me hooked. Ridley Scott's direction shines. A solid 9/10 from me.
Enjoyed tis as well. I heard that RS was very disappointed with marketing and the lack of people watching tis in theatres. He made some sort of comment about how you put your heart and soul into a project but movie goers (at the time) only want to see MCU type content! The art of film is losing the battle. Something like that!!

Back