RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Ok, so I've seen this movie a couple times already but I'm psyching myself up for the upcoming ThreeZero Edgin figure with (another) rewatch.

A refreshingly great adventure featuring the beloved "ragtag group of reluctant heroes" trope. The D&D theme has plenty of solid references for fans while not alienating those who are new to the franchise. The humor lands without being corny and it's not difficult for viewers to find themselves rooting for the heroes' success. In a perfect world, we would have a sequel featuring a certain easter egg team towards the end of the film.

High marks from me. Family loved it and so do I. Definitely a worthwhile pick for adventure fans.

The Flash - 5/10

Barry is just so annoying throughout the whole thing and the constant, goofy comedy wore me out.
Start the movie when they find Keaton Bruce and end it after Barry sees his mom for the last time and you’ve got a solid 7/10 flick.

Absolutely loved seeing Keaton as Batman again. Wish they had done a quality movie centered on him instead.
I watched it a couple of days ago. I thought it was a mess. Barry was extremely annoying indeed and it's even worse because there are two of them. I liked Keaton as Batman, but in the end it was just another Multiverse gimmick. Him kicking ass in the facility in Siberia was a great little scene though. Didn't care about Supergirl, Zod was wasted and the CGI is the worst I've ever seen. A movie with this kind of production budget should be ashamed of itself.

The Flash - 3/10

Edge Of Tomorrow 8.5/10
This is still a terrific film. Shocked my kids didn’t want to watch it but they love Cruise and the thought of him dying over and over really put them off. It’s possibly the key reason it didn’t do better on release. I find that whole first act hysterically funny and the way Bill Paxton plays it so straight is genius. Emily Blunt is the mvp though. Was listening to an interview with McQ the other day and he said that Doug Liman the director, hated exposition and had cut all of the detail in the bunker scene out lol. Luckily common sense prevailed. This is one of those films that desperately needs that. The UHD is god-level.

To Live and Die In LA 6/10
Completely agree with someone on here recently that said this film is just not as good as it’s reputation. This acting isn’t very good, the dialogue is awful and the plotting is just so random. Why are Secret Service agents investigating a counterfeiting ring. Why do they keep going to shady places by themselves without backup? Why is the William Peterson character a complete !$#% and Willem Dafoe likeable lol. My favorite scene in this film is the incredibly detailed counterfeiting scene early in the film. Plus the car chase is hugely overrated. I now agree with what a critic said when Friedkin passed away, he only made two great films, The French Connection (a film I admire tremendously but could never really get into) and The Exorcist (classic, nuff said).

Death On The Nile 2022 remake which I give a thumbs down. I croaked as the end credits were rolling. I'm now in heaven. Roger Ebert says hello.😇

Last edited:
Equalizer 3....Robert McCall delivered doing what he does best as I knew he would. The film reminded of why I still go to the Pictures ( I suppose it is a time thing, as children we called them the Pictures) Denzel Washington is a fine actor who made McCall his own. Now to business....we need a 1.6 figure or good head sculpt at the very least.

Kandahar. Probably the best I've ever seen Gerad Butler, but dunno, even with some interesting interweaving plot lines and characters, this was trying hard to be poignant in places, but there was just something flat about the whole thing. Some nice visuals. Like you could see what it was trying to do, but just sank under the weight. 5-6/10.
Guy Ritchie's Covenant or Netflix Extraction I/II way better.

To Live and Die In LA 6/10
Completely agree with someone on here recently that said this film is just not as good as it’s reputation. This acting isn’t very good, the dialogue is awful and the plotting is just so random. Why are Secret Service agents investigating a counterfeiting ring. Why do they keep going to shady places by themselves without backup? Why is the William Peterson character a complete !$#% and Willem Dafoe likeable lol. My favorite scene in this film is the incredibly detailed counterfeiting scene early in the film. Plus the car chase is hugely overrated. I now agree with what a critic said when Friedkin passed away, he only made two great films, The French Connection (a film I admire tremendously but could never really get into) and The Exorcist (classic, nuff said).
I saw this about 15 years ago, and at the time was thinking that given the mood, the time and place, and the creative team involved that it should have been better. May have been a story better suited to Michael Mann than Friedkin (gotta rewatch Manhunter, now that I'm thinking about it). But, I'm going to give it another look soon, as I just reserved it at the library the other day.

Having said that, one of the primary functions of the Secret Service is to investigate financial crimes. In fact, combating counterfeiting was the reason why it was first created. On the subject of Friedkin. . .

The French Connection: 8/10

Hadn't seen this one in over 20 years, and, of course, it was amazing. I watched it a second time through just for the Friedkin commentary. I didn't know this was largely based on a true story, and that the scene with the car tear-down at the end was largely accurate to what actually happened. Which is funny because I thought that was one of the more far-fetched parts of the whole movie. Performances were so damn good, and probably the best thing about the whole film was the way that it built tension and a momentum that could only work in the medium of film. The juxtaposition of Doyle and his partner, and of Doyle and his nemesis, was very effective. Great ending, too (though that was a deviation from the true story).

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm: as a film in a vacuum: 7/10; as a comic book movie: 9.5/10

Loved it when it came out, love it now. Didn't realize Dick Miller did the voice of the first victim until watching the credits through. I bought the complete Blu Ray set of the original series when it was heavily discounted last year, just cracked it open, and was so pleasantly surprised to see this included as a stand-alone Blu Ray disc in the set. Wish that disc had some extra features or commentary, though.

May have been a story better suited to Michael Mann than Friedkin (gotta rewatch Manhunter, now that I'm thinking about it).
Yes I thought the exact same thing. I think one of the reasons he used Wang Chung for the music was because of Miami Vice but man the music is just awful and does not work for the film.

Having said that, one of the primary functions of the Secret Service is to investigate financial crimes. In fact, combating counterfeiting was the reason why it was first created.
Wow, I’ve learnt something.

6.5/10.
Hatchet II Not as good as the 1st, maybe the worst of the films, but very watchable.

It's a low budget Cheesy horror. I find these movies easy to rewatch than say Glory, or Modern Marvel/Hero movies.

I can watch these movies multiple times a year, but not so much modern movies. I think it's the lack of CGI that I like, the closeted atmosphere.

I also find cheaper movies ten to rely on natural lighting. That's why 80's horrors were great, everything looked real because it's cheap looking. The angles had less closeup so you can see everything in the frame. Adds to the realism.

Last edited:
My Darling Clementine: 8/10

Wonderful film. Composition, acting, music, and the arc of the story all blend together so well. Lots of dark subtext. Excellent transfer on the criterion blu ray.

Finally got around to seeing Dial of Destiny. 6/10

Here are my scattered thoughts:

• There were times where this movie just dragged on and on. At points it didn’t even feel like I was watching an Indy movie.
  • As much as I tried to like Helena, it is a no go for me. I hated her.
  • The villains seemed pretty lame and wooden. Mickelson’s character stunk and was boring, which is really disappointing since he has the ability to play such a great villain.
  • I just hated that Indy, for the most part, was reduced to a bumbling, cowering, yelling old man. Not a fan of seeing Indy in the Marion/Henry Sr. role.
  • I also thought the dial itself and the use of it was absolutely lame and disappointing. The finale made the whole quest seem kind of pointless.

I’m sure these are all talking points that have been beaten to death in the DOD thread. As a whole, the movie had its fun parts and there were some great scenes, including that awesome opener. I’ll probably never see this movie again though. I don’t have 2.5 hrs to spend watching a movie I thought was just okay.

Bummer to hear about the indy movie being so bad. I'll check it out when it comes to Disney plus.

Evil Dead Rise: 6.5/10

Ending was pretty good, I appreciate the brutality and willingness to kill some of the characters they did, and the callbacks were fun, but this just didn't work for me generally. I need to watch the original trilogy as a palate cleanser.

Bummer to hear about the indy movie being so bad. I'll check it out when it comes to Disney plus.

Evil Dead Rise: 6.5/10

Ending was pretty good, I appreciate the brutality and willingness to kill some of the characters they did, and the callbacks were fun, but this just didn't work for me generally. I need to watch the original trilogy as a palate cleanser.
It wasn’t bad but it was pretty mediocre. I think it was extremely jarring for me because I spent the whole weekend watching the original Indy trilogy, and then jumped into DOD. All DOD did was make me wish I was watching one of those movies.

I can agree on Evil Dead Arise too. It was a decent movie and made my skin crawl at times but something felt like it was missing. I was honestly shocked that they were willing to kill certain characters.

It wasn’t bad but it was pretty mediocre. I think it was extremely jarring for me because I spent the whole weekend watching the original Indy trilogy, and then jumped into DOD. All DOD did was make me wish I was watching one of those movies.
Yeah, that's got to have an impact when the originals are fresh in your mind. And this one wasn't Spielberg, which even the Crystal Skull movie was. We had some weird aberrations with Mad Max: Fury Road and Blade Runner 2049, which were arguably on par with the originals, though more typically we would expect something like Predators or Alien: Resurrection, which were mediocre at best. Honestly that's what I expected from the get-go with the new Indy movie, so I haven't paid much attention and didn't have any strong motivation to see it at the theater.

Finally got around to seeing Dial of Destiny. 6/10

Here are my scattered thoughts:

• There were times where this movie just dragged on and on. At points it didn’t even feel like I was watching an Indy movie.
  • As much as I tried to like Helena, it is a no go for me. I hated her.
  • The villains seemed pretty lame and wooden. Mickelson’s character stunk and was boring, which is really disappointing since he has the ability to play such a great villain.
  • I just hated that Indy, for the most part, was reduced to a bumbling, cowering, yelling old man. Not a fan of seeing Indy in the Marion/Henry Sr. role.
  • I also thought the dial itself and the use of it was absolutely lame and disappointing. The finale made the whole quest seem kind of pointless.

I’m sure these are all talking points that have been beaten to death in the DOD thread. As a whole, the movie had its fun parts and there were some great scenes, including that awesome opener. I’ll probably never see this movie again though. I don’t have 2.5 hrs to spend watching a movie I thought was just okay.
I agree on almost all you points 2.5/10

- Indy was a loser who has no family.
-Helena was literally and awful person, written as an over powered character who seemingly only has good things happen to her.
- She knew things without earning it and taught INDY what to do and tricked him.
- No man can hit her and all men fell for her ahem "beauty."
- The new ShortRound was just thrown in to solve problems
- Helena kept correcting Indy and each time Indy tried to explain something, she cut him off and told him how he's pathetic and wrong.
- Old Ind and Old Marianne looked bad. Indy 4 and 5 is essentially Disney Starwars....Indy INO.
- They should have done Communism, but I assume the writers are pro communists so....

Last edited:

Tombs of the Blind Dead

It's very watchable...I think it's dubbed in English 7/10.

I think a young girl, attractive, goes to explore a local tomb/ruin and get offed by some zombie hooded dead knights??? I think. Then her lover and friend go to the exact location to look for her and discovers the shared fate.

The best part was the real location shoots, the natural acting, the natural questions that arise. Mostly natural lighting and real 70's era clothing. Some parts are spoken in spanish along with english.

One False Move: 7/10

Really good little movie. Paxton and Thornton put on great performances. Opening scene is tough to watch.
Haven’t seen this in a long long time but my recollections match yours. One of the best things Paxton did and yes I do remember that opening scene being hard to watch.

Superman 3 is a 5/10.

Well...saw it as a kids, but last saw it over 10 years ago as I remember it being bad. It not great, but watchable. Although a different movie, ranks the same as MOS. MOS suffers from bad acting and CGI. This movie has a comic book feel and is very watchable.

The visuals are beautiful due to it being Pre-CGI. It's a bright movie. I never understood the Drunk Superman, of how and why it was done? Supposed it's inhibition?

Lana was a good side girl for Clark and his former arch nemesis Bully was a fun add.

I can rewatch this movie, but struggle with the modern CGI ones. I theorize it's the CGI, the acting, and the scrips. It's like writers also do not know how to write fun. Fun isn't just lines, but actions.

It was still kind of cool to see Superman fight Drunk Superman and the ridiculous stuff in it made it a comic book movie.

Supes having a different villain was great and I assume this was a Brainiac stand in plot.

Back