RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope (Netflix)

Nothing happens for most of the movie. No build up of tension to the final act, no dialogue, no real scenery to speak of and a narrow cast of characters who are largely dull. It's a concept movie for cinephiles who can enjoy the references to other films.

One of the most intensely boring movies I've ever watched/10.

Nope (Netflix)

Nothing happens for most of the movie. No build up of tension to the final act, no dialogue, no real scenery to speak of and a narrow cast of characters who are largely dull. It's a concept movie for cinephiles who can enjoy the references to other films.

Yeah agree it’s awful. And I really like his other films.

Extraction was quite a bit of fun.

Extraction 2 is a fkn steaming pile of doo doo and I've still got 29 minutes more of it to wade through.
Really? I usually avoid these lame made-for-Netflix movies but I thought the second Extraction was just as strong as the first, with some absolutely kickass action sequences. And I'd put it right up there with JW4 and IM7 as one of the best action movies of the year.

Really? I usually avoid these lame made-for-Netflix movies but I thought the second Extraction was just as strong as the first, with some absolutely kickass action sequences. And I'd put it right up there with JW4 and IM7 as one of the best action movies of the year.
100% agree right there. That prison break out scene is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. I just wish I was able to see it at the cinema.

Nope (Netflix)

Best part of Nope was the Chimpanzee show story. Which really had nothing to do with the rest of the movie.

New TMNT movie 9.5/10

I have never been able to sit through any previous NT movies.

The animation is worth the price of admission alone. This will be a sleeper hit of the summer; and once word of mouth gets going this movie will take off — parents will take kids, old nerds like me will likely see more than once.

Very impressed!

Nope (Netflix)

Awful film.

I also thought Get Out was massively overrated and US started out well but got severely stupid by the end.

Vampyres (2015) - 1/10
The less said about this, the better. 1 outta 10 for the boobies.

Philadelphia - 7.5/10
I needed some quality film after the previous one. Hadn't seen this in years. Even though AIDS is more treatable in current days than it was in the 80s and 90s, this still remains a powerful movie with some great acting.

Blue Thunder - 6/10
Basically childhood nostalgia. The story is a bit iffy, but all the helicopter stuff still looks awesome. I love it that they slapped some mean looking hardware on a Gazelle helicopter, throwing it out of balance, needing to add counterweights and just fly with it. Beats crappy helicopter CGI any day.

Oppenheimer: 9.5/10

Phenomenal acting (Robert Downey Jr., has to be up for a best supporting after this) and directing. This easily could have been Nolan's most dull film but he took an intriguing time in our history following historical individuals and wove threads of tension and situations politically and scientifically all the way through to the end. Did not feel like 3 hours to me at all. I probably could have sat through another if he kept it going at the pace it was at.

From Beyond: 7.5/10

This was on my "to watch" list for way too long. Really fun, crazy over the top effects, and the super team of Stuart Gordon and Jeffrey Combs showing us how a movie like this is supposed to be made. Loses some points because the actions of various characters don't always make sense, and I'm not 100% sure what is happening or has been resolved when it ends, but very minor quibbles. With movies like evil dead 2, hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw 2, and the fly coming out around the same time, this was a hell of a couple of years for grotesque horror movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 : 9/10

Yeah Its that good. Cannot remember when a 3 hour movie passes so quickly before. The pacing is perfect.

Its a great sendoff to the original cast.
I agree. I just saw this on disney and thought it was fantastic. Maybe my expectations have been lowered due to almost every marvel movie and TV show since no way home being bad to atrocious, but this was entertaining across the board, had heart, and nicely wrapped up the story of the original crew. Not perfect, but really damn good. I give it an 7.75/10

TMNT MM solid 9/10

What a fantastic way to tell an old overdone story to a new generation. Immediately after my 7 year old daughter wanted to go to Target for turtle toys which fills me with joy.

Oppenheimer: 9.5/10

Phenomenal acting (Robert Downey Jr., has to be up for a best supporting after this) and directing. This easily could have been Nolan's most dull film but he took an intriguing time in our history following historical individuals and wove threads of tension and situations politically and scientifically all the way through to the end. Did not feel like 3 hours to me at all. I probably could have sat through another if he kept it going at the pace it was at.
But did it really need to be on Imax 70mm?

Cough MI cough

But did it really need to be on Imax 70mm?
Yes it did. It’s a cinematic character study and I will liken it to the first time I saw Once Upon A Time In The West (not saying its as good as that masterpiece) it’s all about giant closeups of faces.

Cough MI cough
I saw both at Imax so all good :)

Yes it did. It’s a cinematic character study and I will liken it to the first time I saw Once Upon A Time In The West (not saying its as good as that masterpiece) it’s all about giant closeups of faces.
This reminds me of Spielberg's run-in with John Ford.

This scene could have been from a Coen Brothers movie.

Back