RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unforgiven - 7/10
I decided to give this a rewatch, because I felt I didn't comprehend it fully after the last (and only) watch many years ago. I know this is a highly acclaimed western and I felt like I must've missed something, because I didn't find it all too special when I last watched it. And to be honest, I still don't.
It's by no means a bad movie. It's actually pretty solid. But for some reason it doesn't resonate with me like True Grit (2010), 3:10 to Yuma (2007) and other westerns do. Maybe I'll watch it in another 10 or 15 years.

I also found it very distracting that the very British royal family is ruling over what seems to be an island in the Caribbean. Long live the empire eh?

They currently rule over the British Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Monsterrat, and Turks and Caicos.

They currently rule over the British Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Monsterrat, and Turks and Caicos.
Yes but still, for a film that appears to be trying very hard to be woke, I'm surprised they went this route. If they went with a version closer to the original cartoon, then this would not stick out that much to me.

Point Break 7/10
I love this film dearly. So much stupid fun. But I could never quite get over the fact that the final scene set in Torquay was clearly not shot in Torquay and looks absolutely nothing like Torquay.

The Bourne Identity 8/10
Decided to rewatch the Bourne films and I guess might finally watch that last one. I think this is still probably the best. Simple, classic, classy. Tight direction by Doug Liman and co-written by the wonderful Tony Gilroy. Sigh.

Scream 6 5/10
I’m not sure what other people are seeing in these recent flicks. I really liked 4, it did something genuinely fresh with the series after the really bad 3 but these last two are just devoid of any interesting ideas and are just dare I say it, boring.

The Salvation - 7.5/10
A solid western. A fairly new movie, but it looks older, because of some filmtechniques like using a blue filter for night scenes. A simple but effective revenge story and some great actors like Mads Mikkelsen, Eva Green, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jonathan Price make this a good watch.

The Flash 5-10
It was way better then I touugh it would be, keaton was great, Supergirl was great to. Im going to miss Ben Afflecks Batman :(

Some recent scores:

Dungeons and Dragons - 8/10
Super Mario Bros - 6/10
John Wick 4 - 8/10
Guardians 3 - 7/10
Little Mermaid (Live Action) - 7/10
Across the Spider-Verse - 9/10
Transformers Rise of the Beasts - 6/10

Creed III was a massive disappointment to a solid spin off franchise. Absolutely zero emotional connection to any character involved. Not sure how they screwed that one up as bad as they did.

The Matrix Resurrections - 5/10
It started out a bit convoluted and I didn't really know what whas going on, but then it got better. I really liked the parts where they went to Io and see some machines working together with humans. Now the civil war between the machines was something I'd love to see in a movie, but unfortunately it's some blink and you miss it exposition. The ending was absolute rubbish.

Evil Dead Rise - 6/10
It was ok. Kept me entertained for it's runtime, but wasn't anything special. I prefer the 2013 remake.

Rewatched Edge of Tomorrow with the kids. 8/10. Can’t believe it was released in 2014! They don’t make ‘em like that anymore🤣
Great concept, excellent performances and cool action. Oh, and Bill freakin’ Paxton.

Extraction 1: 8.5/10
Exteaction 2: 8.5/10

Extraction quickly becoming a better Wick because it follows thru with the gory kills.

Don’t get me wrong JW4 was amazing but Extraction is more my military style vibe.

There was set pieces that felt like a live action Battlefield and COD game especially Battlefield.

I love it that Hems had an action scene in the same location as the Cap / Panther chase in the german tunnel from CW. :yess:

Keep it coming Hargrave/Russos, keep em coming.

Extraction became what Stallone tried and failed with Expendables.

Release Extraction 3 on Imax I would go opening night!

Rewatched Edge of Tomorrow with the kids. 8/10. Can’t believe it was released in 2014! They don’t make ‘em like that anymore🤣
Great concept, excellent performances and cool action. Oh, and Bill freakin’ Paxton.
Agree yes I’ve got the UHD sitting here just waiting to be watched.

Extraction II, 8/10. Don't care if the story took a little (only a little) bit of a back seat, felt like I was watching a series of Call of Duty missions, lol.
I was very late the to Extraction party but agree, script wasn’t much but who cares some of the most mind blowing action I’ve ever seen. Deserves to be seen on the big screen. That prison break sequence - wow.

Some recents:
Pearl 7/10
Excellent follow up to X that is just different enough to not feel like a retread.

Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse 8.5/10
Insanity in the best possible way

Extraction 7/10
Very very solid

Extraction 2 8/10
Holy smokes this is the best American action film in a while.

Black Adam 6.5/10
Not great but much better than I was expecting considering the general reaction it got on release.

The Natural 10/10
The…

1687751955008.gif

John Wick - 7/10

John Wick Chapter 2 - 7/10

John Wick 3: Parabellum - 6.5/10

I like the first two movies the best. The third is good as well, but I think it drags at points where the other two don't. The fight in the glass room in part 3 for example goes on way too long IMO.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - 6.5/10
It wasn't half bad and pretty decent most of the time actually. I'm not sure I like the setting in the late sixties. Even though by now it's a long time ago, it feels too modern for Indiana Jones.

I really liked the first bit, with a young Indy. Most of the time the CG looked pretty damn good. I didn't like the ending, though. The actual timetravel to ancient times took it a notch too far. I'd preferred them flying into some timevortex and getting glimpses of the past hinting that the thing worked instead of actually travelling back and making contact with Archimedes. That whole sequence pulled me out of the story.

Not every character worked. Loved Mads Mikkelsen in this and Toby Jones was good as well. Not sure if I like the Helena character. She had some good moments, but also some annoying ones.

Overall a pretty good watch. Better than Crystal Skull.

Back