Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWI would be so absolutely savage, people were already seeing all kinds of weird stuff on those battlefields and why would a yautja or two not fit seamlessly into that?! You were already having a bad month and now you got a yautja stalking you through the trenches. Good job!

This should absolutely happen.

Why not Afghanistan? Another place where soldiers were seeing all sorts of odd things out in the desert at night, and yautja would fit right in.
Great idea!

Also, since we have never seen a Predator win, when do they go home after hunting some humans? It isn't after one kill, we know that much. We also know they take stuff from their victims as seen by the Elder Predator in Predator 2 who has the ancient flintlock.

So imagine this Predator, already being out in the desert for months. We know they like heat, but he also has to deal with sandstorms and stuff. These sandstorms have had some effect on his equipment after being there for a while. His camo doesn't work like it used to. His bio helmet vision is kinda glitchy, So he is in his regular armor like we know from the previous films, but he's also wearing some scarfs, or robelike poncho things, that he gathered from his trophies to wear, making him look all kinds of badass. Maybe some (but not too many) pieces of equipment from US armed forces. Like he has somehow fixed those panoramic night vision goggles (like they use in Zero Dark Thirty) to his bio mask.
You know, some stuff that enhance his abilities, but not like he's suddenly wearing army fatigues or something.

I was just thinking it's about time we see a Predator win for once. (Probably won't happen in this one though).
I mean, sure they shouldn't win always, otherwise we humans would be an easy hunt/kill and they wouldn't come to our planet anymore. But every once in a while one should be victorious (although not without a scratch) to prove that winning is possible and we are going to give them a good hunt.

I also love the idea of seeing them in different periods in history. Imagine a WWI type setting in these muddy, wet trenches where people are being hunted and killed. At first they blame the other side, but then slowly realise it can't be because no way someone could cross no man's land to gruesomely kill someone and happily walk back. Then they begin to suspect eachother making for some great psychological thriller, all the while the Predator keeping illusive and barely seen like in the original. During the movie the characters suspect something else is going on culminating in a final battle in which the Predator may actually win. Of course there will be a poor survivor on the human side who witnessed it all. Some previously injured character that didn't have a weapon and any fight in him. Gives a whole new meaning to Shellshock. Come to think of it, that could be the name of the movie.
Yep. I'd be down for a Predator film set in WWI or WWII. So many potential stories and settings you could drop a Pred into.

I was just thinking it's about time we see a Predator win for once. (Probably won't happen in this one though).
I mean, sure they shouldn't win always, otherwise we humans would be an easy hunt/kill and they wouldn't come to our planet anymore. But every once in a while one should be victorious (although not without a scratch) to prove that winning is possible and we are going to give them a good hunt.

I also love the idea of seeing them in different periods in history. Imagine a WWI type setting in these muddy, wet trenches where people are being hunted and killed. At first they blame the other side, but then slowly realise it can't be because no way someone could cross no man's land to gruesomely kill someone and happily walk back. Then they begin to suspect eachother making for some great psychological thriller, all the while the Predator keeping illusive and barely seen like in the original. During the movie the characters suspect something else is going on culminating in a final battle in which the Predator may actually win. Of course there will be a poor survivor on the human side who witnessed it all. Some previously injured character that didn't have a weapon and any fight in him. Gives a whole new meaning to Shellshock. Come to think of it, that could be the name of the movie.
A WWI or WWII setting would be cool to see! :lecture

Lot of drool.

Not much to go off from that angle, but it looks like the face is a bit flat? Like the mandibles/cheeks don't protrude as far in front of the mouth?

Great idea!

Also, since we have never seen a Predator win, when do they go home after hunting some humans? It isn't after one kill, we know that much. We also know they take stuff from their victims as seen by the Elder Predator in Predator 2 who has the ancient flintlock.

So imagine this Predator, already being out in the desert for months. We know they like heat, but he also has to deal with sandstorms and stuff. These sandstorms have had some effect on his equipment after being there for a while. His camo doesn't work like it used to. His bio helmet vision is kinda glitchy, So he is in his regular armor like we know from the previous films, but he's also wearing some scarfs, or robelike poncho things, that he gathered from his trophies to wear, making him look all kinds of badass. Maybe some (but not too many) pieces of equipment from US armed forces. Like he has somehow fixed those panoramic night vision goggles (like they use in Zero Dark Thirty) to his bio mask.
You know, some stuff that enhance his abilities, but not like he's suddenly wearing army fatigues or something.

Agree with all of this.

As to not ever having seen a Predator win, I view that as they have not won AGAINST THE MOVIE'S PROTAGONISTS. They do plenty of winning on earth off-screen. After all, in film 1 the captive the commando team is dragging along with them tells them that these entities show up every now and then, they have done so for as long as anyone can remember and its basically a killing field when they do.

The fact that they will not kill unarmed people means they're sport hunters, and so the one that got away isnt going to spoil that for them - it would make them want to hunt us even more. Risk adds excitement.

The planet's getting warmer. Yautja would have a field day. ;)

Even though its not a great angle, I'd think they would want to avoid revealing any of the new face design in a trailer/tv spot.
I'm going to avoid any further trailers. Don't want to see anymore now, going to try to save as much as possible for when I watch the movie.

Pretty wicked poster:

1658459485933.png

This Predator's flat face works better for the cliffside silhouette they were going for here. :lol

Pretty wicked poster:

View attachment 589949

This Predator's flat face works better for the cliffside silhouette they were going for here. :lol

Is that legit bud? ( I don't do Twatter & Farcebook - so not in a position to tell)

Damn am I jealous of those folks in San Diego right now - just 10 minutes until they start to watch this BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back