Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably right Ironman :lol Although maybe a more consistent company like, I dunno... Sideshow will pick up the line :monkey3

Probably right Ironman :lol Although maybe a more consistent company like, I dunno... Sideshow will pick up the line :monkey3

I've been waiting for that since the announcement of the POTA line. I can't believe the only thing Sideshow got out of this license was to make busts. What's that about. Where's the 1:6th love? The Playmates figures are the only thing out there and they're all juiced up with hulk bodies and terrible articulation. Come On SideShow. Beam us up with some Star Trek TOS love!

They also made a couple of PF's... but I want them in 1/6 :rock

I forgot, Galactiboy, my bad.

Stardate 3772.0935
While responding to a distress call the starship Enterprise has arrived to the Omega quadrant only to find a solemn red planet void of human life. I will assemble a small team and explore the planet surface. Captain out.
startrekanimationVIWalkoff-.jpg
startrekanimationIIICURedShirtGuy.jpg

KirkSpockLawgiverIII.jpg
GorillaAttackUhurastopmotionfinal.jpg

GorillaAttackstopmotionfinal.jpg

cue opening......:lol

I would love a SS 1:6th version of the fabulous TV show. TOS only though!

LOL!
Very cool, what figures are those?

Those are Star Trek figures. :lol
Seriously, those are Playmates 12" sculpts placed on Cotswold figures, Uhura is on a Cy Girl Body. The apes are of course SideShows

I would love a SS 1:6th version of the fabulous TV show. TOS only though!

You know, when Sideshow was doing Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and Universal Monsters figures, all classic lines, I always thought the natural progression was for them to do Star Trek figures. Start with Original Series, of course.

Wouldn't it be cool if Sideshow worked their magic on Spock, or Khan or even the Gorn!

I love Star Wars but there is always a place Star Trek. Wouldn't a Next Generation Klingon by SSC be unbelievable, or Mirror Spock, or a Borg! Borg Queen!

Aw damn, I was starting to get a little hot under the colar, sorry guys.

You know, when Sideshow was doing Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and Universal Monsters figures, all classic lines, I always thought the natural progression was for them to do Star Trek figures. Start with Original Series, of course.

Wouldn't it be cool if Sideshow worked their magic on Spock, or Khan or even the Gorn!

I love Star Wars but there is always a place Star Trek. Wouldn't a Next Generation Klingon by SSC be unbelievable, or Mirror Spock, or a Borg! Borg Queen!

Aw damn, I was starting to get a little hot under the colar, sorry guys.

Actually, I think the Playmates Gorn was the only figure they did that benefitted from the lack of articulation. As for Mirror, Mirror Spock:
SFM-trekprototypes13.jpg

Those are Star Trek figures. :lol
Seriously, those are Playmates 12" sculpts placed on Cotswold figures, Uhura is on a Cy Girl Body. The apes are of course SideShows

Those Trek figures are pretty spiffy looking, nice work! And your Soldier Apes really look a lot better with brown faces... gives them a better definition than the stock figure.

Looks like interest in this has died out. What a shame. Still can't fathom why anyone would want Sideshow to do this after seeing those SFM prototypes, and SS's past record of unfinished Star Trek lines.

I want them. I was looking through ebay and Playmates had some pretty nice 12" figures for the time that still seem alright now. It's not like Hasbro's rotten line. I had no idea they had a 12" line or 9" line. And I'd get them now if I could find a regular version of Kirk.

Hasbro had Trek?
Playmates line was far inferior, even for the time it was released in. Poor one piece uniforms, oversized accessories, next to no articulation...
Trek deserves proper 1:6 treatment.

I got the Playmates TOS series years back solely for the uniforms. I think Captain Kirk can be the hardest to find. He comes in a box set. Here's one I have.
Photo143.jpg
Photo144.jpg

The ebay prices are way too high for these figures. I would say $30 for Kirk and $19.99 for everyone else is a fair price but nothing more.

Hasbro had Trek?
Playmates line was far inferior, even for the time it was released in. Poor one piece uniforms, oversized accessories, next to no articulation...
Trek deserves proper 1:6 treatment.

I meant not like Hasbro's 12" Star wars. my opinion just from looking at pics on ebay. don't own any 12" Hasbro or 12" Playmates

I would say $30 for Kirk and $19.99 for everyone else is a fair price but nothing more.

I'd go $10 per figure for the Gorn, Andorian, maybe Janeway, Worf and Picard. Most were very lacking in almost all ways. The limited articulation actually seemed to help out the Gorn though.

Gorn's been on my radar for a while... he's my favorite TOS bad guy, and the 12" isn't all that bad. The Art Asylum figure was really great though.

Back