Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very sorry that I missed out on the Gorn. I had the Mego style and figured he'd always be around. Playmates did well on the Gorn.

Hard to believe The Godfather, Reservoir Dogs and even Darkman are considered viable 1/6 licenses, but not Trek. I know Trek is an expensive brand, but you'd think their fee would only be commensurate with the anticipated number of units sold.

Sideshow didn't do very well with Trek - the PFs and the busts weren't very popular. Playmates saturated the market with their 9" and smaller figures a few years ago and now you can't give away figures that were selling for $300 a piece on the after market.

But these things go in cycles - I'm sure Trek 1/6 would be popular this year, especially with the film coming.

Considering that '06 was the 40th anniversary year and the PTB dropped the ball then, I'm not confident that they're smart enough to capitalize on it now. With what has been shown and what can be done in today's market these could really hit big, but they certainly aren't something that can be "sat on" in terms of decision making.

TV SERIES SPOILER***

i really like the story lines of the tv series enterprise. not enough figures of the crew. was pissed they killed trip in the finale but he was resurrected in a recent st book and in fact, lived to be over 100 years old. he meets kirk and spock when they are at the academy. if they ever wanted to right a terrific wrong, they'd give trip tucker a short scene in the upcoming film. this would also tie the time lines together. :D

With all the Trek oriented inconsistencies of Enterprise, the best righting of a wrong could be making that whole series a terrible nightmare in Sarek's head moments before he passed away. :monkey3

With all the Trek oriented inconsistencies of Enterprise, the best righting of a wrong could be making that whole series a terrible nightmare in Sarek's head moments before he passed away. :monkey3

i've watched all of star trek, tv and movies, and the effects as well as the storylines in enterprise are great. i am in no way a bakula fan and after you get by his bad acting, you'll see the rest of the characters are likeable and the stories are well written. problem with enterprise is the fanbase compared it to a franchise that had long been running in tv and movies. maybe fans were bored but if you can appreciate it just for what it is, you'll like it a lot more. the feeling out process of new exploration with starfleet in it's infancy was an era that needed to be represented in the star trek universe and i feel it was a great effort. and being it was a prequel, the inconsistencies were on the back end unless you're talking temporal displacement. :lol

Reminds me of this custom Jonathan Archer from AndGor. The downside is, it's from AndGor!

captjonathanarcherfd3.gif

Not a bad headsculpt... sucks they were so shady. Some of their sculpts were great, like the Lecter and Sloth :drool

Andgor's sculptor's were top notch. They were never the problem. The owner's inability to properly run the business and be honest with his customers ruined what could have become a staple in the 1:6 community.

i think andgor's website still today will take your collectibles order. the guy won't return phone calls or emails. his stock was so dated, i had to correspond before ordering to be sure and no reply kept me from ever doing business with him. i will not do business with someone that doesn't correspond before he has your payment. can you imagine after paying him? :rolleyes:

Andgor was bad news and any newbies on this thread should understand to stay far far away from them no matter how tempting their sculpts are.

Does anyone know who the sculptors themselves were? I've always wondered if it would be possible to purchase some of the head sculpts shown on the Andgor page directly from the sculptors, and bypass the awful company?

Andgor was bad news and any newbies on this thread should understand to stay far far away from them no matter how tempting their sculpts are.

Does anyone know who the sculptors themselves were? I've always wondered if it would be possible to purchase some of the head sculpts shown on the Andgor page directly from the sculptors, and bypass the awful company?

Yes, I do, and they will not sell the sculpts directly. They were hired by Andgor, and having more integrity than the company itself, they honor their word of the sculpts being Andgor's.
A true 1:6 shame, but nice to see some folks still have morals.

well that's cool.

but barring that, do they do commissions? still be good to know who they were, for that sort of thing ...

I found their site recently, but I don't have it now. They recently did the Tonner Voldemort.

It's amazing how long these folks having been flying under the radar. I have to make frequent trips to the Central Florida area and have actually met them twice, once I even got a glimpse of their studio. They are not currently accepting private commissions for 1/6th scale heads, nor do they seem to have any interest in doing so. Their work is all over the place including prepainted statues, toy prototypes and garage kits. Got a chance to see some of the sculpts they did for Robot Chicken in person. They were insane. 1/8th scale and most of them sculpted in 6 hours are less. Ironman is right about them not selling heads they did for other people. My buddy offered them a crazy amount of money for the Adam West/Batman and Christopher Reeve/Superman they sculpted for Toyfare magazine, but they wouldn't sell, because the sculpts belonged to another company (Plastic Earth). I wanted to hire them to resculpt the heads on all my XFiles figures, but they were unable to accept because of their schedule. They were able to turn me on to an artist who is doing some training with them who can hopefully do the work.

I got the Playmates TOS series years back solely for the uniforms. I think Captain Kirk can be the hardest to find. He comes in a box set. Here's one I have.
Photo143.jpg
Photo144.jpg

The ebay prices are way too high for these figures. I would say $30 for Kirk and $19.99 for everyone else is a fair price but nothing more.

I got that same Kirk on eBay a few months ago for about...$40.00 I think. It's nice for Playmates. But the head sculpt could be MUCH better of course. That set was the only time that I know of, that Playmates produced Kirk in his original series uniform in the 1:6 scale. That's why I wanted to get him since I had bought the rest of the original series crew in their starfleet uniforms as 12" figures from Playmates. They did him in his red starfleet uniform from Star Trek II as a Kay-Bee toy store exclusive. I also got the Capt. Picard set like that one too. I'm just hoping better sculpts are done of the heads someday.

Last edited:
Back