Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for crappy pic but I finally got it! Just need to put sword on. Quickly put together.
84d872faf6bbc62bac396a9b1bf61681.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Keep 'm coming. I hope the trailer for Dead Men Tell No Tales is announced soon...

Here's my setup (I haven't changed a thing in the last 2 years though.)

20160916_183729.jpg

20160916_183745.jpg

20160916_183808.jpg

I'm a fan of these movies, so it makes the figure that much better in my eyes. Really looking forward to the next film and hopefully a new version of Captain Jack Sparrow. Hopefully we can get a Barbossa this time around too. Fingers crossed.

ok... so finally finished my display.

here's a walk thru if anyone is interested in doing any of it...

used strips of balsa wood to make the floor and glued the strips down on a 12x12 plastic sheet i had. then i stained it with watered down browns and blacks via acrylic paints. then used an old soldering iron to simulate the knots and nail holes and damage

used some old small cardboard jewerly sized boxes and cut strips of balsa wood and glued them down, same technique as the floor w/ acrylic paints for wood colors and burning it w/ soldering iron. then picked up some of those nail art button things to make the nail head.

3D printed the goblets and painted w/ some testors metalic gold and used the jewel beads to attach around the outside... then filled w/ misc little gold colored beads and tiny self stick emerald things.

the treasure chest is from hobby lobby. bought some flat gold wire, cut it to make the straps and glued it down and used more of the nail heads. filled it with a bunch of the gold beads and strung up some necklaces w/ misc colors of beads. then threw in some more of the sticky gem deals.

3D printed davy's heart and painted it. Bought the jars, wrapped the strap at the top and painted the lid and filled w/ sand.

the 2 barrels are from hobby lobby as well. one was a candle holder and i ripped out the glass part and filled it w/ rope. the smaller is just a barrel they had and i weathered it up w/ acrylics.

that's about it for now. hope you can use some of that info if you wanna duplicate any of it. lemme know if you have any questions!

My goodness! Pro_design1, you really are a pro! The attention to detail, and the extra effort resulted in an amazing display! Way to go!

Sent from the Bat Cave

Back