Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, upon hearing about his possible replacement, the new DX15. He wasn't happy
:lol

Oh, and might anyone have an extra baldric I could buy? I want to try something but would like a spare just in case.

Captain_Jack.jpg

It's the "mine's still good. Honest!" syndrome. Happens every time. :wink1:

haha i see this all the time the amount of people slating the new version 'oh the old one is way better blah blah blah ' nothing worse than trying to convince yourself to not buy a way improved version by literaly picking faults that aint there. I had 2 Dx06 & yes loved them but sold them on, do i regret it no as the new one looks fan-bloody- tastic

If I didn't have the 06 I'd get the new one in a heartbeat but there is not enough (if really any) of an upgrade to double dip so I'm passing.

If I didn't have the 06 I'd get the new one in a heartbeat but there is not enough (if really any) of an upgrade to double dip so I'm passing.

The biggest differences seem to be the bases (wheel or water) and the conflation of rooted hair with sculpted hair on the DX15. Really just comes down to preference I believe rather than actually "upgrading".

If I had the DX06, I wouldn't think to upgrade. I'd buy the base on the aftermarket and maybe grab the new heads. The DX06 is -great-. It still is good enough. This and the DX13 were my big "I missed outs" when I started collecting, so with the DX15 I'm glad to be able to cross one of those off for a comprably reasonable price of admission.

If I had the DX06, I wouldn't think to upgrade. I'd buy the base on the aftermarket and maybe grab the new heads. The DX06 is -great-. It still is good enough. This and the DX13 were my big "I missed outs" when I started collecting, so with the DX15 I'm glad to be able to cross one of those off for a comprably reasonable price of admission.

I almost see the two being similar to the DX12 TDKR Batman and TDK Armory Batman figures.

Essentially the same figure with only slight nuances, both having some aspects that are better than the other. If you already had the DX12, then there was no need to have to go out and upgrade to the Armory version. If you had neither, then go for the Armory version.

Same case with these two Jack figures. If you already have the DX06, there's probably not enough there to warrant an upgrade (using that loosely because I don't really see it as being an upgrade if there's minimal differences) if all you want is one representation of Jack; the DX06 makes for a beautiful representation of him. If you have neither, then go for the DX15. With these two figures, it really does just come down to base preference and the mixture of rooted hair with the sculpted hair; the former being something you could just simply pick up parted out if you want the DX15 base to go with your DX06 figure.

Base and heads... I doubt folks'd get much change from 200 bucks.

I don't see it as an upgrade but as another display option.

For example, I've got "4" different T-800 Terminators on display, utilizing each of the HT releases and each displaying a different scene in the film. In similar fashion, this DX15 figure can compliment the DX06 and doesn't necessarily have to replace it.

As I posted some while back in this thread, with the announcement of this figure, I'm now also interested in obtaining the DX06 as well.

I almost see the two being similar to the DX12 TDKR Batman and the TDK Armory Batman figure.

Essentially the same figure with only slight nuances, both having some aspects that are better than the other. If you already had the DX12, then there was no need to have to go out and upgrade to the Armory version. If you had neither, then go for the Armory version.

Same case with these two Jack figures. If you already have the DX06, there's probably not enough there to warrant an upgrade (using that loosely because I don't really see it as being an upgrade if there's minimal differences) if all you want is one representation of Jack; the DX06 makes for a beautiful representation of him. If you have neither, then go for the DX15. With these two figures, it really does just come down to base preference and the mixture of rooted hair with the sculpted hair; the former being something you could just simply pick up parted out if you want the DX15 base to go with your DX06 figure.

:exactly: if I already owned a DX06 I would live with it and not be purchasing the DX15...given the opportunity to purchase a DX06 or a DX15 BNIB at the exact price point I would opt for the DX15 without hesitation. Works out well because I am regularly looking for a 06 at the "right" price for me and was always comfortable going with a used one. The day this was announced my search ended. The DX15 new comes in nicely below my "right" price for a used DX06 so a total win for me here.

Exactly the same with me.

DX06 was (and still can be) the one to get; however, prices were astronomical and I wanted a Jack Sparrow in my collection, so I got the AWE one. This went up for PO and I got it day one. Now I have my Jack representation and the sale of AWE will help fund it.

My DX6 body is starting to get really loose. Seems I need replace a body , anyone know which body is nice replacement for this?

If money were no object, I'd get this figure back and get the DX15. Right now, the option to buy DX06 at the same price as DX15 is not available, or I might consider it, as much as there are differences, they're not as big as some past HT re-release figures, and one of the key areas making DX15 stand out right now is paint, but it's prototype paint. HT has amazing production paint compared to other companies, but I haven't seen many production figures look exactly like their prototypes, which means the paint work on DX15 could come out almost comparable to DX06 in the end, taking away some of it's edge.

Back