NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each his own man but anytime you use a scarface head with any sort of suit it's gonna be scarface standing next to the Godfather. :huh it would just completely not work. With the hair resculpted and the scar removed? Sure it would be great... But the hair is just completely tony Montana

You might as well just have the Godfather and an accurate Scarface.

:exactly: hair should be looks like it was brushed up or something.:monkey1

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Looks like HT have been listening to peoples concerns, here’s their newly modified version of the Don!

Changes are:
- head sculpture (More detailed hair and facial texture.)
- Hands (more like an old man’s hands)
- His beloved cat (newly sculpted and painted)

So Im shopping for this figure for the first time and I am catching up on this thread. Am I reading the above correctly where HT put this figure out, and then did an updated version with the above changes?

Can anyone elaborate a little more. The photos wookster posted on the page 25 jump look MUCH nicer than the photos on page 1. If you are shopping this on the secondary market, how can you tell which you are getting?

Anyone that can shed any light on this for me would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Anyone that can shed any light on this for me would be greatly appreciated!

No, only one version. The second set of pics is just the updated proto.

Yes that was in the thick of the war where enterbay would make theirs better then hot toys redid theirs and then enterbay would follow and so on and so forth ...

Hot toys did redo it though for a charity towards the tsunami in Japan. It had a better mold for the head and better paint.

Yes that was in the thick of the war where enterbay would make theirs better then hot toys redid theirs and then enterbay would follow and so on and so forth ...

Hot toys did redo it though for a charity towards the tsunami in Japan. It had a better mold for the head and better paint.

I think it was to a typhoon in Taiwan, not the tsunami in Japan.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62394

Anyways only 20 made, so forget about ever getting one of those for reasonable prices.:wave

I want HT's to do a rerelease of this figure with a backdrop that can fit a Detolf.

Would love this guy in my collection (I started collecting HT in early 2011) but will not pay the $500+ ebay demands!

I want HT's to do a rerelease of this figure with a backdrop that can fit a Detolf.

Would love this guy in my collection (I started collecting HT in early 2011) but will not pay the $500+ ebay demands!

Yeah, they should re-release it again. There is a high demand for it and the films are as popular as ever. I'd pick one up if they released it again.

Sean

Out of all the Hot Toys figures I think this is the one they will most likely never re-release. It would be an insult to all the people who payed big bucks for the charity version.

Out of all the Hot Toys figures I think this is the one they will most likely never re-release. It would be an insult to all the people who payed big bucks for the charity version.

Think its unlikely it will ever happen and unfortunately with the Godfather there is really only one version that can be done of him so no chance of a different outfit etc. I mean you COULD but it just wouldn't be as iconic as the tux.

Well, that one was for charity. I doubt people would be seriously "insulted", and if they were they are pretty creepy. Also, wasn't it was a vamped up version (better paint, etc)?

Hot Toys, re-release The Godfather!

Sean

There is a Godfather that has just gone up on eBay for £250 obo. Dunno if it is a fellow boardies but for a second I thought "do it" but with the amount I have spent recently I resisted.

Would love to own one at some point though, looks like a great figure.

There is a Godfather that has just gone up on eBay for £250 obo. Dunno if it is a fellow boardies but for a second I thought "do it" but with the amount I have spent recently I resisted.

Would love to own one at some point though, looks like a great figure.

That sounds too good a price to pass up, especially in the UK - this is a stellar figure :)

Still one of the best HT in my collection, I'll never part with it!

GF_1.jpg

led3resize.jpg

That sounds too good a price to pass up, especially in the UK - this is a stellar figure :)

Indeed, I have asked for more pictures because it looks a little battered, if it looks in good condition I might grab it. I have a few things I need to clear out so hopefully could raise half of the asking price and just put the rest to it.

Back