New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read the shirt and straps are more rubbery... kind of like Freddy's sweater on the newest figures. So the articulation shouldn't be hindered too much.

From what I have read the shirt and straps are more rubbery... kind of like Freddy's sweater on the newest figures. So the articulation shouldn't be hindered too much.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaor2gqX4ds"]this video review [/ame]

I hadn't come across that video review until yesterday. I didn't realize even the first wave figures had rubbery shirts and a concealed ab joint. Looks like it might be subtle compared to some other ab joints out there, but can add a little to the personality of the pose.

9172984jad6srd_display.png

Man, it's really nice to see articulation making a comeback in this scale... and good articulation at that!

M.

Wow, NECA really seems to have upped their game with this figure. It's great to see their QC finally catching up with the talents of their artists too.

I picked up the NECA Duke Nukem figure yesterday at a TRU. Just goes to show sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss. Duke's great (shame we won't see any alien baddies for him to fight) and it looks like these Ash figures are a success as well. Could I justify spending $15 (Duke was actually $13 -- a steal) on one of these? Definitely. If only the quality would be more consistent. Boggles my mind how they're able to knock stuff like Evil Dead and Duke out of the park, yet other lines are seriously suffering.

I picked up the NECA Duke Nukem figure yesterday at a TRU. Just goes to show sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss. Duke's great (shame we won't see any alien baddies for him to fight) and it looks like these Ash figures are a success as well. Could I justify spending $15 (Duke was actually $13 -- a steal) on one of these? Definitely. If only the quality would be more consistent. Boggles my mind how they're able to knock stuff like Evil Dead and Duke out of the park, yet other lines are seriously suffering.

Different factories maybe? :dunno

In my near daily search for any random tidbits on the Evil Dead figures, I saw an in stock listing on Amazon.com! Third party seller that wanted $24.99, so...pass, but hopefully they're telling the truth and we;ll start seeing them pop up in stores this week.

Does that base come with the figure? Bases for 7 inch figures make them that much more appealing to me. Yeah I gotta agree, Neca killed this. Finally got all four Fred's, and the paint on all are very nice. I'm excited for what Neca has planned for us. Bring on Ash! I saw somewhere online he ships 2/28... so not long now!

Does that base come with the figure? Bases for 7 inch figures make them that much more appealing to me. Yeah I gotta agree, Neca killed this. Finally got all four Fred's, and the paint on all are very nice. I'm excited for what Neca has planned for us. Bring on Ash! I saw somewhere online he ships 2/28... so not long now!
This isn't the normal Hero Ash release, he won't come with a base. On Twitter, Randy has said that's a tease for a special upcoming release(SDCC exclusive?). He's confirmed that it's Ash from the end of the movie, once he's gone back in time. I'm hoping maybe it's a tease of an announcement for a full Army of Darkness line.

Last edited:
Back