New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I wish there was some way to scale down Beto's heads for these figures... Would give us some variety in facial expressions....

Has anyone seen these in FYE or Toys R Us yet? I just called my FYE they told they don't have them and don't even know if they'll get them. I'm getting a little worried that my place won't even get them. A few years ago I was waiting for the Hannibal Lecter version 2 to come out on Sam Goody, Suncoast, and FYE. They never appeared. Hell I never even saw the re-released of Medieval Ash, or Hannibal Lecter version 2 appear in my place.

I went to check my local FYE yesterday(first time I had been in since Christmas shopping). Not only did they not have Ash: there was no store.:panic:

They went outta business!:horror Thats where I got a lot of genre figures for my kids and myself. Pretty soon ebay or amazon is gonna be it. No more actual walking into stores to "see what new". :thud::monkey2

I went to check my local FYE yesterday(first time I had been in since Christmas shopping). Not only did they not have Ash: there was no store.:panic:

They went outta business!:horror Thats where I got a lot of genre figures for my kids and myself. Pretty soon ebay or amazon is gonna be it. No more actual walking into stores to "see what new". :thud::monkey2

Sucks for you, are you sure they haven't relocated. In my place Sam Goody went out of business 2 years ago, Suncoast was about 5 years ago. But my FYE is still here in business. I called Toys R Us yesterday, still no Ash figures.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtjD7eYEE8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtjD7eYEE8[/ame]

Nice! Concerned about the comment of lose joints, damn articulation!

Sucks for you, are you sure they haven't relocated. In my place Sam Goody went out of business 2 years ago, Suncoast was about 5 years ago. But my FYE is still here in business. I called Toys R Us yesterday, still no Ash figures.

A LOT of FYE stores went out of business within the last few years. I know most if not all in Orlando went away. There are still plenty of locations out there, but they can be few and far between now.

Yup---we looked the mall over, and even went to the round about area. They closed 'er up. It's times like this, that it makes me think I am too old to be buying this stuff anymore anyway,lol.:lol Maybe its a sign to discontinue purchasing all this junk.:dunno

Can anyone who has these tell me if you can swap the older NECA AOD Ash head with this one?
Thanks!

Anyone know what these retail at? $14.99 or $15.99?

No luck again at my Toys R Us...i'm starting to wonder if they'll get them at all. Might have to end up ordering online.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..I ordered a pair, but I was at TRU today looking for the Rocky figures and they had a shelf full of Evil Dead and I couldn't resist. So I picked out a great looking set with sharp paint apps and now the set coming in the mail will be for my customs. DeathComesRipping, these were $14.99 at my store.

These guys are just amazing. It's a wonderful, rare thing when pretty much the best toy makers in the world tackle one of your favorite properties and completely knock it out of the park. Farewell to Arms Ash's head has such great nuance to the expression that doesn't come through fully in photos, it's almost eerie how perfectly it looks like a still from the movie from certain angles. It's a tough thing to try to nail a scene/moment specific expression and it often doesn't work, but man does it work here. Deadite Ash looks great, doesn't have to hold up to quite as much scrutiny as an actual human likeness, of course, but it looks fantastic and again like it was ripped right from the movie. Love Linda's head, it's super creepy and all the other accessories look great if not incredibly impressive and eyecatching all on their own.

The paint for the most part, from the figures I saw, is high quality with a couple issues(missed hairlines, random little dabs of paint on the shirt) here and there..but as a general rule, it's really top notch. No rampant bleeding or cut corners. Great sweaty, grimy look...Farewell to Arms Ash really looks like he's been through hell. And I like that he and Deadite Ash have a very clear difference in paint apps, where Deadite Ash isn't nearly as mucked up. Wouldn't have ruined the figure, but it's a good eye for details that's appreciated. The only issue I have is with the joints, the paint chips off the joints really easily so amongst the dirt and grime and sweat on the sleeves you'll often have a bright, pristine blue patch in the elbow.

And on the topic of joints, another outstanding job on this front as well. Everything moves freely and has a lot of range. I like that the hands are soft and can pop off the wrist balls easily..I love it when it feels like I'm not going to break a figure when I'm playing with it. They're soft but can still hold the accessories very well. All the joints work really well to give Ash a variety of very natural looking stances with great personality and presence.The V-crotch might give him a sliiight bow legged-ness, but rarely do any of us stand legs locked together at attention. The whole system of joints in the legs is very clever and efficient. I saw a video review yesterday that said Ash was hard to stand up, but no, he's not at all. With the knees and ankles it's very easy to finesse him into balance. The only negative would be the ab crunch joint, and it's not really so much a negative as it is a draw. It's not great, the shirt restricts all but a tiny amount of movement and when you do move that joint it lifts the shirt up off the waist like it came untucked. And it's not bad in that, it's not a necessity and it's not distracting and you'll never know it's there. Hopefully it works better on Hero Ash. Ugh..and now that's gonna be a really long wait, I want him today!! But it was still a smart move to go with the rubber shirt since it gives the shoulder joints more room to move his arms in front of his body and lie naturally at his side.

Sorry for going on and on a bit..I'm just so thrilled with these guys. Like I said, it's such a rare thing for the stars to align like this. To have some of my favorite figures be from one of my favorite movies. I may just have to take some pictures of them tonight and share.

Oh, and to top of my excitement, when I went to pay, the middle-aged lady saw them and said, "Oh cool! I really liked this one. You were laughing as much as you were scared" Maybe it's presumptuous of me, but I wasn't expecting, especially here in Utah, that an older lady working at Toys R Us would have seen, let alone really liked, Evil Dead 2. :lol So that was neat.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah..I ordered a pair, but I was at TRU today looking for the Rocky figures and they had a shelf full of Evil Dead and I couldn't resist. So I picked out a great looking set with sharp paint apps and now the set coming in the mail will be for my customs. DeathComesRipping, these were $14.99 at my store.

These guys are just amazing. It's a wonderful, rare thing when pretty much the best toy makers in the world tackle one of your favorite properties and completely knock it out of the park. Farewell to Arms Ash's head has such great nuance to the expression that doesn't come through fully in photos, it's almost eerie how perfectly it looks like a still from the movie from certain angles. It's a tough thing to try to nail a scene/moment specific expression and it often doesn't work, but man does it work here. Deadite Ash looks great, doesn't have to hold up to quite as much scrutiny as an actual human likeness, of course, but it looks fantastic and again like it was ripped right from the movie. Love Linda's head, it's super creepy and all the other accessories look great if not incredibly impressive and eyecatching all on their own.

The paint for the most part, from the figures I saw, is high quality with a couple issues(missed hairlines, random little dabs of paint on the shirt) here and there..but as a general rule, it's really top notch. No rampant bleeding or cut corners. Great sweaty, grimy look...Farewell to Arms Ash really looks like he's been through hell. And I like that he and Deadite Ash have a very clear difference in paint apps, where Deadite Ash isn't nearly as mucked up. Wouldn't have ruined the figure, but it's a good eye for details that's appreciated. The only issue I have is with the joints, the paint chips off the joints really easily so amongst the dirt and grime and sweat on the sleeves you'll often have a bright, pristine blue patch in the elbow.

And on the topic of joints, another outstanding job on this front as well. Everything moves freely and has a lot of range. I like that the hands are soft and can pop off the wrist balls easily..I love it when it feels like I'm not going to break a figure when I'm playing with it. They're soft but can still hold the accessories very well. All the joints work really well to give Ash a variety of very natural looking stances with great personality and presence.The V-crotch might give him a sliiight bow legged-ness, but rarely do any of us stand legs locked together at attention. The whole system of joints in the legs is very clever and efficient. I saw a video review yesterday that said Ash was hard to stand up, but no, he's not at all. With the knees and ankles it's very easy to finesse him into balance. The only negative would be the ab crunch joint, and it's not really so much a negative as it is a draw. It's not great, the shirt restricts all but a tiny amount of movement and when you do move that joint it lifts the shirt up off the waist like it came untucked. And it's not bad in that, it's not a necessity and it's not distracting and you'll never know it's there. Hopefully it works better on Hero Ash. Ugh..and now that's gonna be a really long wait, I want him today!! But it was still a smart move to go with the rubber shirt since it gives the shoulder joints more room to move his arms in front of his body and lie naturally at his side.

Sorry for going on and on a bit..I'm just so thrilled with these guys. Like I said, it's such a rare thing for the stars to align like this. To have some of my favorite figures be from one of my favorite movies. I may just have to take some pictures of them tonight and share.

Oh, and to top of my excitement, when I went to pay, the middle-aged lady saw them and said, "Oh cool! I really liked this one. You were laughing as much as you were scared" Maybe it's presumptuous of me, but I wasn't expecting, especially here in Utah, that an older lady working at Toys R Us would have seen, let alone really liked, Evil Dead 2. :lol So that was neat.

Thanks for the review. I feel my OCD kicking in again...must...avoid...Toys R Us.:)

Grooovy:yess:

Here's a few photos I took this afternoon. Lot of fun to photograph these guys.

ashknees.jpg

lindahead.jpg

ashlinda.jpg

ashhand.jpg

ashshotgun1.jpg

ashaxe.jpg

ashhand2.jpg

deaditeashpoint.jpg

deaditeashrecorder.jpg

deaditeashreading.jpg

And I've been thinking seriously today about building a cabin playset/diorama display, I figure the front room would be sufficient and cover most of the movie's scenes. I've been looking at fan made floor plans and I'm gonna make a rough 3D version to see just how big it might be when in scale with the figures.

Last edited:
Back