New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6253492_orig.jpg

:yess::yess::yess:

Just read through both threads regarding the aznrice scam. Lordy, that was good. Somebody print out that thread, bind it in leather, and send it out to a publisher because we've got the next big thriller ready for store shelves! :rock
Awesome and highly-entertaining read. Good to see he got what he deserved. I'm just surprised I wasn't aware of this going on when it was actually happening.

Just had to put in my two cents, carry on... :peace

Since you enjoyed the thread so much, check this out. It is the conclusion to the epic abouttreefitty vs aznrice trilogy, hot off the press:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104760

And I don't want to derail this thread, so carry on. :)

I cant wait for my classic!! its torture!

:yess: If I didn't love Winston's Studio Predator designs so friggin' much, I might be upset... but this news is wonderful.

They're going back and giving us ACCURATE versions of these characters, which means... that they MAY still give us another ALIENS Warrior and, as people have mentioned, a P2 Elder.

So they've said they'll be making 1/4 scale figures now? I figured they were just saying that the P2 was further along in production, and the P1 they were sculpting in the 1/4 scale so they could put as much detail as humanly possible (no exhaggeration) into the 12"-scale version.

Hail the Yau'tcha...:clap

As much as you may be right I hope our doubts over accuracy are proved wrong.
so he is dead?

gsdfgdfg.jpg

So they've said they'll be making 1/4 scale figures now?
yes, and that might finally be a real 1/6 predator height, not the midgets they sold us for 1/6 before. i am very interested in what will be done. my poor bank account.

Last edited:
The Classics accuracy aint as bad as some of the others but compared to NECA they are behind.

I am looking forward in seeing if the larger scale lets them get the accuracy better.

Quarter scale is supposed to allow for more accuracy, at least that's what HT and NECA folks have both said. It makes sense that a larger figure would have more area to add detail to.

The Classics accuracy aint as bad as some of the others but compared to NECA they are behind.

I am looking forward in seeing if the larger scale lets them get the accuracy better.
It's pretty bad..Elder is probably their most accurate sculpt, followed by P2..but it really just goes downhill from there.

Hopefully they decide to put more effort into these, and realize that people actually want the figures to resemble the creatures they're based on...

the only nit pick i have with classic ,the dreads are a little bit short,it looks to me.but not a big deal, he looks great.

It's pretty bad..Elder is probably their most accurate sculpt, followed by P2..but it really just goes downhill from there.

Hopefully they decide to put more effort into these, and realize that people actually want the figures to resemble the creatures they're based on...

P2 and Elder was a different sculptor though right? Whilst everything else has got better the sculpts will remain avarage if they don't change things.

yea I agree because the inaccuracies are so bad they look like xenomorphs instead of preds :D

I really don't get the whole "they are inaccurate" thing. I think they look great, the scales may be out sure, but these are 1/6 scale sculpts and I'd love to see the people complaining try to make them themselves :p Unless you really look closely and really nitpick, there's not much to complain about, unless you are watching the film with the fig sat next to the TV.

Here's a big thumbs up from me HT!

*runs and hides from incoming onslaught*

I really don't get the whole "they are inaccurate" thing. I think they look great, the scales may be out sure, but these are 1/6 scale sculpts and I'd love to see the people complaining try to make them themselves :p Unless you really look closely and really nitpick, there's not much to complain about, unless you are watching the film with the fig sat next to the TV.

Yes they look great.

But the accuracy issue is as obvious as can be...

17Predator_Predator.jpg

P1-2.jpg

Plus we are not trained professionals in the art of sculpting and we don't get paid for doing it.

Goodbye.:wave

They should address accuracy seeing as they increased prices plus with the 1/4 versions even more costly rhey need to make sure its accurate.

The HT Preds are great works of art and are quality figures but anyone who belives that the accuracy is good and can't be improved upon needs to take some time out, sit in a dark room with a cup of tea and pack of biscuits and watch the Predator films with the HT figures beside them.

The HT Preds are great works of art and are quality figures but anyone who belives that the accuracy is good and can't be improved upon needs to take some time out, sit in a dark room with a cup of tea and pack of biscuits and watch the Predator films with the HT figures beside them.

Lol, I'm not saying they CAN'T be improved, it's just, I think the latest Predators one (Beserker, Falconer and Tracker) all looked brilliant and unless you scrutinise them then the average person isn't going to notice!

*runs and hides from incoming onslaught*

I agree with some of you about the whole lack of movie accuracy point. Hot toys has demonstrated in the past that they can nail movie accuracy so it's obviously a conscious choice on their part. I completely understand where natty is coming from though. Its one thing to make a comparison between hot toys and neca preds every now and again, but I feel its brought up more than anything else on the's boards. Though neca's preds are more screen accurate comparing the 2 in my book is like comparing a honda civic to to ferrari. I just see alot of people posting the same ____ over and over about how horrible Tsang is and some how they hope he dies and tank man replaces him. I have a good sense of humor and that kind of talk isn't even remotely funny to me, and any body who thinks that way is clearly a couple cans short of a six pack and is probably operating with atleast one or two mental disorders. Sorry I don't meen to get on a soap box or anything and I'm not trying to say that everyone has gone to that extreme, I've just seen it alot more than I feel I should.

Back