New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a predalien, a dog alien, and the avpr warrior. I love those guys particularly the predalien. I feel the predalien is very under appreciated, he just needs a very strong stand is all. with all that said I just don't see the aliens working as well without the rubber bodies, and it seems like hot toys is trying to get away from those body types.

I have a predalien, a dog alien, and the avpr warrior. I love those guys particularly the predalien. I feel the predalien is very under appreciated, he just needs a very strong stand is all. with all that said I just don't see the aliens working as well without the rubber bodies, and it seems like hot toys is trying to get away from those body types.

People were complaining that these rubber bodies were deteriorating over time.

haha sometimes I'm conflicted on weather or not to display the old girl with the preds or the aliens. her and wolf def go together well.

my predalien has held up very well but the dog and avpr warrior not so much. Of course I purchased dog and warrior used and they came to me a little rough, and there really is no telling how they were treated prior to being in my collection.

my predalien has held up very well but the dog and avpr warrior not so much. Of course I purchased dog and warrior used and they came to me a little rough, and there really is no telling how they were treated prior to being in my collection.

Ah right!
Has anyone used PVC type material to make Aliens? That might hold up better.

Not just that, l have heard of people getting HT aliens and them breaking as soon as the take them out of the box, then there legs are all lose then melt into a steaming pile of crap. What a waste of money it is to buy rubber fiigures.

Not just that, l have heard of people getting HT aliens and them breaking as soon as the take them out of the box, then there legs are all lose then melt into a steaming pile of crap. What a waste of money it is to buy rubber fiigures.
Right when I took my 160$ Big Chap out of the box and tried putting the hands in, both pegs snapped at the same part. Most fragile pegs I think I have ever seen. The mouth tendons on all of my Aliens ripped eventually, except my AvP Drone, but he was getting there..

The stories about these Aliens are scary. How did they clear QC?

I have no clue, I hope we see some new efforts in the future. I would be ok with losing some articulation and or aesthetics if the figures could just hold up better.

I have no clue, I hope we see some new efforts in the future. I would be ok with losing some articulation and or aesthetics if the figures could just hold up better.

Ahhh you young Hot Toys rookies! :clap And I mean that in a good way! :)

Hot Toys released a lot of their Alien figures early on and it was their first attempts at those type and style of figures, so the QC was very limited. I don't think at times that even they knew of all the durability problems they would experience (or maybe they did and just wanted the money). Naturally, time has shown that the rubber and materials used have not held up well and now that their customers are very "aware" of this all, you most likely will see them stray away from rubber bodies or perhaps try some new methods.

My AVP Alien Warrior held up fairly well despite being the oldest, my ALIENS warrior actually had some loose joints but I used some tricks to "tighten" them so he could hold his pose. Granted, I didn't do any extreme posing with my figures when I had them either. My Alien 3, AvP:R Aliens and even the Big Chap were no problems!

I agree with some of you about the whole lack of movie accuracy point. Hot toys has demonstrated in the past that they can nail movie accuracy so it's obviously a conscious choice on their part. I completely understand where natty is coming from though. Its one thing to make a comparison between hot toys and neca preds every now and again, but I feel its brought up more than anything else on the's boards. Though neca's preds are more screen accurate comparing the 2 in my book is like comparing a honda civic to to ferrari. I just see alot of people posting the same ____ over and over about how horrible Tsang is and some how they hope he dies and tank man replaces him. I have a good sense of humor and that kind of talk isn't even remotely funny to me, and any body who thinks that way is clearly a couple cans short of a six pack and is probably operating with atleast one or two mental disorders. Sorry I don't meen to get on a soap box or anything and I'm not trying to say that everyone has gone to that extreme, I've just seen it alot more than I feel I should.

I'm not really gunna get into the whole NECA vs. HT debate, I don't know enough about either and I would never claim to. Neither am I a hardcore collector or Predator fan. But I just think that people nitpick too much :p

As for saying things about Tsang like that, it's pretty sick to be honest. Like I said, I'd like to see most members on the board try to make these figures better than he does!

As for saying things about Tsang like that, it's pretty sick to be honest. Like I said, I'd like to see most members on the board try to make these figures better than he does!

Dame skippy , very non artist pops up here and ruins the fun on this site.They very wicked predator being made by that dude, and here i go again he doesn't call all the shots he is commission based.To think he has that much pull in that company is funny to me :slap :slap :slap

It's quite simple really.
To make very accurate preds and aliens you need a few factors to click into place: time (which costs money) for research, talent and to be a big fan of the creatures.
Time and money are HT's call, talent and fandom are the sculptor's. Personally, I think HT (i.e. Howard Chang) doesn't really give much thought to the accuracy of these creatures, and since people buy them anyway there's no real incentive to spend the money and effort to make them really accurate. As for Tsang's talent and fandom, I'm quite sure he's a talented sculptor, but he clearly does not have a great interest in these creatures, otherwise the preds and aliens would certainly have been a lot more accurate from the beginning.
For a big fan of the aliens, and to a lesser degree of the preds, it is sad to see a company as resourceful and innovative as HT just squander the opportunity to make absolutely killer figures. The figures are great, I own a bunch of them, but it's quite apparent that HT just don't put that much effort into making them.

I'm so pissed right now. I posted my BD predator 2 on ebay the day this thread was created. At that time there were not swamps of people all ready selling them and the auction actually got up to $450, but some A$$ hole decided to harrass my auction by creating multiple accounts and driving the bid up. long story short I had to re-post it, and now they are not selling for nearly as high. I would give this thing away for free just to be able to have a face to face with that punk.

my auction has less than a day left.. I'm thinking I'll just cancel it and keep this guy. I paid to much to let it go for cheap, and who knows maybe the value will go back up eventually. (not likely though I think)

my auction has less than a day left.. I'm thinking I'll just cancel it and keep this guy. I paid to much to let it go for cheap, and who knows maybe the value will go back up eventually. (not likely though I think)

How much is at right now? I have both the BD and regular version and I most likely will just keep them.

Back