New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I'm not saying they CAN'T be improved, it's just, I think the latest Predators one (Beserker, Falconer and Tracker) all looked brilliant and unless you scrutinise them then the average person isn't going to notice!

The Aliens & Robots sub forum isn't made up of average people though, it's full of hard core Predator fans. We probs make up about 2% of sales though so fair enough.

The Predators trio were an improvement. The main issue is that their heads are way too small.

Though neca's preds are more screen accurate comparing the 2 in my book is like comparing a honda civic to to ferrari.

To two start life as a clay sculpt on even grounds though. NECA wins there when it comes to the raw sculpt.

I've owned alot of neca preds and as soon as I began collecting HT preds I just couldn't appreciate the neca ones anymore

Neither NECA or HT is doing it correctly. Neca has the scuplt down but they insist on using it on $19 toys. HT puts out the whole shebang but the sculpt is pretty poor. Has HT ever considered sculpting a proper body and then add articulation from there?

opinions and _______s

Welcome to the internet.

Neither NECA or HT is doing it correctly. Neca has the scuplt down but they insist on using it on $19 toys. HT puts out the whole shebang but the sculpt is pretty poor. Has HT ever considered sculpting a proper body and then add articulation from there?

Pretty much sums up every debate in every Predator thread.:lol

I find it strange that NECA makes cheaper figures and sells them as toys mostly yet are more accurate then collectables from Hot Toys.
People at HT need to wake up and start to fix this, although they sell thier products well so in their minds its "dont fix whats not broken".
As long as people keep buying hot toys and as long as they are only high end place to make these Pred figures them nothing will change.

Pretty much sums up every debate in every Predator thread.:lol[/QUOTE]

pretty much does...(f#$%in eh) IDK I guess I'm just saying
I wish the talk about neca preds would stay in that thread and the HT pred talk would stay in this thread. we all love predator, (well most of us) we have that in common so I understand the two topics meeting every now and again but the rate I currently see it coming up just makes me feel like were beating a dead horse.

I think there are a fair amount of collectors who like the fact that HT doesn't make the predators completly movie accurate. Id'e consider myself to be in between. I like the exaggerated muscularity, but I would like to see improvement on the quality of the HS. I believe HT's is making this improvement with the newer preds (beginning with shadow). I think classic is one of there best to date and the new methods that they are using with the helmets and mandibles will likely only make these improvements grow.

The 1/6 figures have been getting better and with ever Predator. The will be starting from scratch with the 1/4 figures so it'd be nice of them to start well with the accuracy.

021.JPG

A little off subject but I just felt like getting all of these guys out of the case and getting a group pic. To me classic clearly stands out as one of the best. I wish I had an elder. I bet elder could give him a run for his money.

thank you .. I suppose I've just revealed that I clearly am biased on the whole neca vs hot toy pred debate. I wish they would hurry up and release some more pics already for the upcoming preds:clap:clap

:lol
If I had a better bank balance I would get more Preds from HT too!

Back