New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellow Freaks who already own any of the first 12" Mattel GBs, I need a favor: Can someone please measure both the Last Name Logo on the chest and the GB arm side logo? You see, there's a friend who is very skilled and has the right equipment for printing stuff on any type of surface and he's going to make the Logos with the Last names and the ones on the side too. He is also going to offer them here for those of us who won't be using the original Mattel outfit. All he needs right now are the measurements since we don't have any of the Mattel figures as reference. Thanks!

Fellow Freaks who already own any of the first 12" Mattel GBs, I need a favor: Can someone please measure both the Last Name Logo on the chest and the GB arm side logo? You see, there's a friend who is very skilled and has the right equipment for printing stuff on any type of surface and he's going to make the Logos with the Last names and the ones on the side too. He is also going to offer them here for those of us who won't be using the original Mattel outfit. All he needs right now are the measurements since we don't have any of the Mattel figures as reference. Thanks!

thats a cool idea. if no1 beats me to it, ill do it later when im home from work and let uknw. i will prob be still getting a spair mattel suit tho for the better quality leg hoses etc.

is your friend willing to also do a set of nametags etc for gb2 ?

Does anybody know where I can find one of these Mattel Venkman's in the UK? Been looking on the usual sites (amazon, ebay etc...) as well as the official site, but all I found were the Ray and Egon ones.

EDIT:

A little browsing and apparently Pete only comes out this April, this true?

Does anybody know where I can find one of these Mattel Venkman's in the UK? Been looking on the usual sites (amazon, ebay etc...) as well as the official site, but all I found were the Ray and Egon ones.

EDIT:

A little browsing and apparently Pete only comes out this April, this true?

yes mate, there is no venkman figure out at the moment.

cant wait to finish off all four 12" figures, i dont mind if none come out after that it's pretty much all i want! got lucky with Egon unlike Ray i didnt get a customs charge.

cant wait to finish off all four 12" figures, i dont mind if none come out after that it's pretty much all i want! got lucky with Egon unlike Ray i didnt get a customs charge.

yeah the customs charges sucked..i got 2 12" rays and 2 6" rays and didnt get charged, but then when egon came out i got 1 12" egon and 1 6" winston and got charged lol

and yeah i cant wait to have a set...id be happy when i get 1 ghostbuster on my shelf!

From Matty:

Mattel Display at Chicago Comic Expo & Reserve Products For Sale
March 5, 2010
By Matty
Toy Fans,

As you know, we hold back product from sales in “reserve” to replace damaged or lost product. After enough time has passed, the product isn’t needed any longer so we’ve decided to start offering that product to you. We’ll begin selling it at various conventions around the country and eventually offer some here at MattyCollector.com.

The first offering will be limited quantities of Ghostbusters™ 6" Ray Stanz™ and Masters of the Universe® Classics Tri-Klops® figures in April. You’ll find them for sale at the convention sales desk at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) show running April 16-18.

Even if you’re not in the market for these figures, be sure to stop by the Mattel display. MOTU fans will find favorites like Count Marzo™, Gygor™, Tytus™, Keldor™, Whiplash™, Optikk™, and more! And if you dig DC, don’t miss the Wave 14 figures, Lobo, and Waves 1 and 2 of the Retro-Action™ line. Plus, a spirited Ghostbusters™ collection will be on hand.

That’s just a taste of some of the hot toys you can expect to see. So remember, if you’re in the Chicago area April 16-18, stop by the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo and tell ‘em Matty sent you!

−−Matty

P.S. Please don’t call Digital River asking to purchase the product. It will only be sold as described above.

Hey Commtech, did you ever get the info you needed for sizing? I'd love to get in on a set of the name patches and shoulder logo patches for my customs. Keep us posted! :chew

Yes he did,
I sent him a message regarding that...

thanks for getting on that kuzeh, i got sidetracked with somethings at home so didnt get round to doing it. i hope he does a gb2 set with the gb2 font and arm logo...id love to have a go at doing at leasst 1 of the guys in gb2 uniform 1 day.

thats a cool idea. if no1 beats me to it, ill do it later when im home from work and let uknw. i will prob be still getting a spair mattel suit tho for the better quality leg hoses etc.

is your friend willing to also do a set of nametags etc for gb2 ?

Hey Commtech, did you ever get the info you needed for sizing? I'd love to get in on a set of the name patches and shoulder logo patches for my customs. Keep us posted! :chew

Yes he did,
I sent him a message regarding that...

Yeah, thanks to Kuzeh for that info. I will probably get a sample of them tomorrow and see how the quality turned out. If they turn out great, I'll let you all know the info on how to get them.

All right, I just put on the iron on patches that my friend made for my Venkman suit:

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

I kind of messed up the to part of the Ghost logo on the arm because I left the iron a bit longer than I should've. I also was looking at some pictures from the movie and I think the logos should be slightly bigger. I'll tell him to change that. Otherwise, these stick on great and adapt really good to the cloth. Colors are great too. These will be sold through qstoysandcollectibles, however, don't pm him yet until he posts here or on his sales thread that they are ready to take orders.
Here's some other GB accesories that they'll have:

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Last edited:
Yes sir, I painted it. What do you think of the skin tone? These were taken with a better camera that doesn't make it look too pale as the first picture.

The iron on looks great. If I wasn't such a stickler for unification I would probably have done that to my figures rather than cut off the mattel logo haha.

Can anyone post photos of the proton packs by themselves? I'm specifically interested in how the straps attach and how the fronts looks without a figure attached.

Back