New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, me too. :eek: As much as I wish that Hot Toys had the license for Ghostbusters, at least Mattel is doing the 12" and smaller scaled 8" figures. I have everything Mattel has done for Ghostbusters so far, except the smaller 8" Ray Stantz. I still need him.

I didn't like the Minimates at first. But now I'm getting all of them. They're pretty cool. :D I like all of the different variations of them for the Ghostbusters movies. Yeah, I know they're not made by Mattel. :rolleyes: I really like them now. I've picked up all of the ones at Toys 'R Us, including their exclusives.

yeah i realy want the minimates sets..the only minimates i have are the video game exlcusives and the gb2 peter 2pack i think.

and iagree, i kinda get a feeling once the 4 guys, alt versions of the guys (like ray in lab coat) and peck are out, that may be it. :-( id like to see more actually.

As much as I love the GB, I probably won't get the blue lab coat versions. I'm happy to buy Janine, Scoleri Bros, or other ghosts, but I was diappointed with Mattel's likenesses and the fact they reused the same body for all four of the guys. I'm betting they'll do the same thing with the lab coat set as well.

I've purchased the 12-inch and 6-inch figures released so far, but I'll get burnt out on the line fast unless a variety of quality figures gets released.

That's the thing. That is the issue. Better quality likenesses and better quality bodies. At least as far as I can see. Yeah, if Hot Toys or Sideshow got the license, I know they would do better than Mattel. I think that with Mattel, we'll just have to take what we get and go from there. I know many guys here are getting Spenser's outstanding head sculpts for the Ghostbusters, and buying better bodies. Such as True Types or any other ones they prefer over Mattel's cruddy factory bodies. I plan on doing the same thing.

I may get the other variation figures like the "lab coat" Ray. If they do a Ray like that, then they must do a "lab coat" Egon. So, I guess we'll all see what Mattel comes up with next huh?

I doubt Venkman would sell out immediately. on April 15th, Venkman's 12-inch figure goes on sale, and that could be a good way to gauge interest in the smaller slimed figure.

I was hoping we would see a video review from that new toy smell for the 12" venkman...less than 2 weeks till the release, i guess theres still time

If he doesn't the line is doomed IMO...

that doesn't make total sense to me. so if they make 1000 of them and it sells out on day 1 that signals the line will continue, but if theymake 3000 and it takes a week, then its doomed?

Any company would rather sell more units totaL over a week or several months than be able to brag about selling out fewer units in 1 day.

that doesn't make total sense to me. so if they make 1000 of them and it sells out on day 1 that signals the line will continue, but if theymake 3000 and it takes a week, then its doomed?

Any company would rather sell more units totaL over a week or several months than be able to brag about selling out fewer units in 1 day.

Yes... but this is Mattel we're talking about...
Are you're familiar to how they handle their collector's lines?
It's mind-boggling!!!

i just cant wait to have all four 12", this dragging it out over months is getting boring especially when 90% of the figures are reused anyways. i do hope venkmans pack is better than Egons becuase that had some serious issues falling apart on me.

mattel SDCC exclusives should be revealed in a week or so on attack of the show. wonder what the ghostbusters SDCC exclusive will be

There will be, matty confirmed it...supposedly it will "knock our socks off" which leads many to speculate it may be the library ghost...

as Ray says in the film when discussing the ghost, "it scared the socks off some poor librarian!"

so maybe it will be, or maybe we're just looking too much into it, we'll see soon!

To me, a "knock your socks off" exclusive would be something better than the "library ghost". Yeah, she looked cool and scary when she scared the guys in the first movie. But...I'd rather have something better like...how about an ECTO-1 Ectomobile? One scaled to hold the 6" Ghostbusters figures. Oh yeah, a 1:6 scale Ectomobile would be awesome! :D But I figure that would cost about $200 if not more?! :confused:

Or if not the Ectomobile, how about a Dana Barrett, and Louis Tulley with the two "terror dogs" they turn into at the end of Ghosbusters? That would be an incredible set! :D

Will the slimed 12" Venkman head sculpt be included with Venkman or will he be a new or exclusive or will we never see it other than at toy fair?

Back