New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but if you display him next to other figures he might look odd, in any case... It should look great once you finish it!
Post pics when you do!

And Murray had always his pants untucked I believe...
you can check some screen-caps here:

https://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/screen-caps/200/

yeah in all honesty the 1st ht body u used looked fine to me, and he is the right height.

and yes, venkman had his pants untucked in all scenes were he wore the jumpsuit.

Yeah, I think you guys are right. After looking at those pictures of the movie I think the regular TT or the Narrow shoulder work better. I just had an image in my head of a more recent, out of shape Bill Murray.

:lol Yep, that one.

All right... I put Venkman back on a Regular true type for now while I get a narrow shoulder. Also, finished painting the head. Sorry for the crappy pictures but we lost our nice camera and these are from my cellphone. Comments are welcome.

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

This sculpt is amazing!! Spenser did a superb job. I had a lot of fun painting it.

Last edited:
Looks nice Eddy,
but in the words of Peter Venkman:

"Still very pale though...
A little sun...!"

Anyway...
updates from Matty

Hey Slime Fans,

I wanted to jump in and give a quick update on what is going on with the GB line in 12" and 6" scale. We've had a few delays in release dates, but all six 6" figures and the Peter and Winston 12" figures are still set for release in 2010.

Orignally we had intended for a new 6" figure to ship ever 2-3 months. But, inevitably due to circumstances well beyond our control we had a few hickups (this is why we don't do preorders for any of our lines!). But we are back online now and 6" Walter Peck is scheduled to hit Mattycollector.com in May. This will be followed by Slimed Peter in June and Labcoat Ray in Aug.

12" Peter will hit in April followed by Winston in Aug.

We're running a bit behind but by the end of the year we should be caught up and ready for even more Ghostbuster fun in 2011!

There will be three more 6" figure for 2010 yet to reveal plus a really great SDCC item that will knock your socks off! The Ghostbuster fun has only yet begun - only on Mattycollector.com!

Matty

26623_326806944843_57309659843_3416364_7655152_n.jpg

Lab Coat Ray will ship in Aug. He comes with the Ghost Sniffer later used by Peter in Dana's appartment!

26623_326807474843_57309659843_3416365_72882_n.jpg

Ray comes with the sewer Ghost. The eyes will be painted on the final figure and will glow in the dark!

26623_326808624843_57309659843_3416368_7303310_n.jpg

Slimed Peter features an all new Peter head, untucked pants, gloved hands and comes with a new Slimer sticking out his tongue! He ships in June.

26623_326809664843_57309659843_3416369_4309232_n.jpg

Walter Peck now ships in May and comes with an in-scale containment unit that opens up to accept the trap that comes with Winston!

Looks nice Eddy,
but in the words of Peter Venkman:

"Still very pale though...
A little sun...!"

Anyway...
updates from Matty

He's a bit darker than the picture but you can't see it here because of the lamp I was using at 1am last night after I finished it. I showed the painted result to my wife this morning and she thought it was too dark. :lol I will post a picture when I've made more progress with proton pack and everything, with a good camera and with natural light that'll show the real color.;)

the natural tendency is to make figures with this yellowish tan. i think murray is very pale in GBI so I would lean to the pale if possible.

I'm thinking a prop or a Stay Puft for the 6" figures. They said they weren't working on ECTO-1 at this point.

1:1 Pack for like $150 could be kinda cool. Trap seems more likely though.

$150 for a pack would get you like a halloween costume quality item. i can't afford too much but i would think something at $150 would not even be worth buying it would be so cheaply made.

Real good packs with light and sound go for about $2500.00 brand new.

Master Replicas tryed a year ago to build good packs for a reasonable price and failed. This is Mattel. Not a pro prop replicating company. Unfortunately what it comes down to is your never, ever, EVER, getting a nice professional pack at a reasonable price. It's not possible.

I still woudln't mind a sort of throwback to the pack I had as a kid though, something similar but with more movie accurate details and simple lights instead of based on the cartoon version.

Plus who wants to carry around a $2000 pack in a bar packed with drunk kids. I'd happily sport a $150 one that was replacable though.

they don't have to make it totally replica quality. but seriously $150 get you barely more than a few shoeboxes glued together and painted black.

I disagree completely. All they have to do is scale up the current 1/6 Proton Pack they have. It could even be slightly underscaled like the RGB version from the 80s. Same quality plastic, it would still look really good imo. And as you said for $150, I'd happily buy one or two.

who cares as long as he comes out ? i can wait abit longer for a figure. besides we got peck 1st i think. im glad they gave venkman the gloved hands and untooked pants, altho i dont like the look of the slime, they shud have done it like the egon sdcc figure, more transparent and shiney looking.

Back