New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone post photos of the proton packs by themselves? I'm specifically interested in how the straps attach and how the fronts looks without a figure attached.

From Cool Toy Review:

11.jpg

All right, I just put on the iron on patches that my friend made for my Venkman suit:

IMG_0124.jpg

Commtech, the patches are looking great. Nice work! Just wondering if there was any reason you chose to do the VENKMAN name that way as opposed to these, based on the actual patch worn on film (note how the tip of the "M" is more in the middle of the name, and the cross of the "A" is at the same place as the middle of the "E"). Also looks like the 'angled' line of the "N" is a little thin (like the letter was stretched?)...But maybe I'm just being too nitpicky :D

Anyways:

gbven.jpg

gbpa09.jpg

And for reference, here are the other 4 guys as well:

gbspe.jpg

gbpa06.jpg

gbzed.jpg

gbpa07.jpg

gbsta.jpg

gbpa08.jpg

any updtes on the patch sets?

Nope, not yet. I'll ask and see how that's coming.

Commtech, the patches are looking great. Nice work! Just wondering if there was any reason you chose to do the VENKMAN name that way as opposed to these, based on the actual patch worn on film (note how the tip of the "M" is more in the middle of the name, and the cross of the "A" is at the same place as the middle of the "E"). Also looks like the 'angled' line of the "N" is a little thin (like the letter was stretched?)...But maybe I'm just being too nitpicky :D

Hey IndyFett, those are good observations, I'll let my friend who's making them know of all this info (I'm not the one making them). These will be available through qstoysandcollectibles.

Hey IndyFett, those are good observations, I'll let my friend who's making them know of all this info (I'm not the one making them). These will be available through qstoysandcollectibles.

Thanks! :duff

Hope I didn't seem too nitpicky, I just thought it might look cooler if they looked even closer to the patches we see on screen. :rock

:D

thats not being nitpicky indiana~! its jst wanting as an accurate gb figure as possible..down to the smallest detail!! im the same with somethings. thats y id rather spend more on better flight suits instead of the mattel suits bcos the quality is far better~!

Okay, so I just went by the Matty Collector website. To my suprise they have the 12" Peter Venkman figure listed for only $20.00! :horror Yep, not the normal $60.00 that the 12" Ray and Egon were, but for $20.00. Venkman is released on April 19. This HAS to be a mistake. :rolleyes: It would be great if it wasn't. But I'm expecting Matty to correct the price up to the $60.00 price soon. Here's the link:

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.181698600

But it sure would be nice IF $2.00 IS actually the correct price! I will get 2 of them then. :D

Okay, so I just went by the Matty Collector website. To my suprise they have the 12" Peter Venkman figure listed for only $20.00! :horror Yep, not the normal $60.00 that the 12" Ray and Egon were, but for $20.00. Venkman is released on April 19. This HAS to be a mistake. :rolleyes: It would be great if it wasn't. But I'm expecting Matty to correct the price up to the $60.00 price soon. Here's the link:

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.181698600

But it sure would be nice IF $2.00 IS actually the correct price! I will get 2 of them then. :D

:lol That would be an amazing price, I'd by at least 2 as well...make one a full 'slimed' version! My bet is that they have the 6" figure price listed by mistake and that before April 19, this will change back to $60...

I think they made much fewer Egons than Ray, just based on various parts retailers and stuff's comments about being able to restock Ray and not Egon.

Mmmm...I never did grab Egon and now it's sold out :monkey2

Actually, it's listed as 'CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE' as opposed to 'sold out'. That usually means that more stock will show up in the system at some point...keep an eye on it.

They already fixed the price to $60.00
Same thing happened with Battle Cat, it was originally priced @ $20.00... then changed to $30.00

You knew that was going to happen well before April 19th. :angelsmil

Yeah, I figured Mattel wouldn't let that $20.00 price for the 12" Venkman slip by. :rolleyes: It's good to FINALLY see the Billy Murray approved likeness coming out. I figured it would be last after the Winston Zeddemore 12" figure. I know Ernie Hudson was very cooperative with them to allow his likeness. I still don't know why Bill Murray has to be such a hard case about it. :confused:

I'm excited for the 12" Venkman already having Ray and Egon. I really wish these would be released closer together, but I'll take what I can get. Can't wait to have all 4...

Actually, it's listed as 'CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE' as opposed to 'sold out'. That usually means that more stock will show up in the system at some point...keep an eye on it.

It's listed as SOLD OUT now. So bye-bye Egon and Ray.

I'm kind of glad there won't be 20,000 of these things floating around forever and dropping the price.

My only fear is that I spend all this time and energy on these customs and then Hot Toys announces that it will do its own line. :horror

They are up on the Big Bad Toy Store, but they are marked up to about $90 not including shipping.

I'm kind of glad there won't be 20,000 of these things floating around forever and dropping the price.

My only fear is that I spend all this time and energy on these customs and then Hot Toys announces that it will do its own line. :horror

I was actually hoping HT would release these instead of Mattel, and they still might. I'm just thankful that someone is putting something out there because these are LONG overdue.

Yes, it is true that these are very long overdue. Ghostbusters came out in 1984, and instantly became one of my most beloved childhood favorite movies! It took 25 years for a toy company to make some...that could have been MUCH better. I was hoping myself that Sideshow or Hot Toys would get the license to do them first...before Mattel. As all of us have seen that collect and customize 1:6 scale figures, the Mattel ones could be much better. Just imagine how much better they would be if Hot Toys or Sideshow had done them. Is there a possibility that Hot Toys COULD be doing them now? Mattel's are okay, but most of us are making them better with custom head sculpts and tweaking out the outfits and gear. I guess Mattel's were meant for the "mass market" and not discriminating collectors like us that demand better head sculpts, better outfits, and better gear. Better quality makes a better product as we all know too well.

So here's to hoping that Hot Toys really does get the Ghostbusters license. At least the license to make some better 1:6 scale figures! Dan Aykroyd said recently that the script for Ghostbusters III is moving along nicely. So maybe Hot Toys will get the license for that third movie, and make them. Then, they could do the "classic" ones from Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. Yeah, I've got Mattel's Ray Stantz and Egon Spengler 12" figures, and will still buy Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore. But I will most likely end up getting some better head sculpts, and better bodies for them. Just like most of us out there are already doing.

Last edited:
2b honest..im going to buy all the mattel gb related items, so even if a better company like hot toys gets the license then i will buy those too.

Back