NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, plus NECA is all about reusing sculpts and there isn't a line more apt to do this than the AVP preds. All they really need to do is change the masks and the blades/trophy skulls for Chopper. Even The Elder is pretty simple for them to make.

Plus I remember reading a tweet that said they saw the new Hot Toys Scar and that they could do it even better. It would also be smart on their end so that they can compete with Hot Toys (even though it's a different market, it's still an AVP collectible figure).

NECA vs. HT? If any company is up for THAT challenge, it definitely would be NECA! :thud:

I hope they make the AVP Preds.

In 2014 AVP has his 10th anniversary.

@PwnStar511, have you the tweet Quote from neca ?

I also hope Neca brings all Skulls with the trophy wall, the exklusives with this are really boring.

Found this:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/281898565528330240

"I agree on that sentiment. Planning to get to these in future Series 11 maybe? We have a lot planned before we can do it"

And I remember them saying earlier that if they were to do them, they would make them even better/cooler.

I'd love an updated NECA Wolf, the first were ok but they were from the more statue days of NECA, a heavily articulated one would rock.

I truly hope they will resculpt (I think this is nessesary. The old sculpt was not bad but nothing like the quality today.) and rerelease Wolf. Especially in 1/4. It would be fantastic.

The AVP gang and Wolf. Both seem to have gained a large fan base over the years after the films release. I'd even say that the AVP Preds and Wolf are the only Preds the curret generation of 'new' Predator fans know.

Well it is funny how crappy those two movies are, but regardless of this there is a lot of love for the preds. Especially for Wolf. He is one of my favorite predator after Jungle Hunter. Oh also a Predalien in 1/4? Yes please!!

So I'm a bit lost with all these new preds...
I already have the masked City Hunter, so I'm not really looking for a new one, but I would like to score a new Jungle Hunter with improved articulation. What options are out there?

So I'm a bit lost with all these new preds...
I already have the masked City Hunter, so I'm not really looking for a new one, but I would like to score a new Jungle Hunter with improved articulation. What options are out there?

You can get the new unmasked open-mouth Jungle Hunter (see below) in the new TRU 2 Pack. Or you can wait for series 8 which features the masked Jungle Hunter with new articulation.

bigred4_zps94e85903.jpg

I love all the Dutch figures we've seen so far, but I sure hope they do a vest, no shirts version for the classic publicity image.

predator-1.jpg

They said there would be four versions of Dutch made, So id say that is a strong possibility. Even if they don't though, the Jungle Patrol Dutch is pretty close to that specific look.

Found this:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/281898565528330240

"I agree on that sentiment. Planning to get to these in future Series 11 maybe? We have a lot planned before we can do it"

And I remember them saying earlier that if they were to do them, they would make them even better/cooler.

Thanks.

The big Question is, what understand Neca under "better/cooler".

I hope they don`t mean more ugly visible joints ore a thinner body than in the movie.

@MaulFan, the statue days of neca are the better days.
Better quality control, more accessories, better Paint apps and no visible ugly joints(looks the "underwear" on dutch).

I can understand, that one pose on all the Wolf Versions, is really boring.

But some joints are too big and looks not good.

The jointless elbow of Wolf looks so nice.

And the big hipjoints on the P2 Figures, especially Boar ans Scout looks horrible.

Back