NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

The big Question is, what understand Neca under "better/cooler".

I hope they don`t mean more ugly visible joints ore a thinner body than in the movie.

@MaulFan, the statue days of neca are the better days.
Better quality control, more accessories, better Paint apps and no visible ugly joints(looks the "underwear" on dutch).

I can understand, that one pose on all the Wolf Versions, is really boring.

But some joints are too big and looks not good.

The jointless elbow of Wolf looks so nice.

And the big hipjoints on the P2 Figures, especially Boar ans Scout looks horrible.

You can't even see the hipjoint, you just have to customize the suspensor or whatever its name. That dangling thing. I did that and you can't see them anymore (1/4 City Hunter.). Those things originally are too tight on the figure and this cause the problem. By the way the joint are bearly visible on the City Hunter. They are blending beautifully into the sculpt and also the paint is hiding them too. Oh and I don't know about you but the paint on these are just great. Almost at Hot Toys quality if not HT quality (1/4 scale). Also Neca improved a lot, especially at 1/4. Just look at the new Gollum figure. It is just outstanding. They are a great alternative next to Hot Toys. They are doing preds which overal looks as good as theirs and also they are more accurate for the movie version and cheaper. Of course they are not perfect but what is?

Last edited:
You guys think HT will do a Big Red in a 1/6 scale? Or they won't since they already have Samurai Predator.

I would be very surprised if NECA didn't release a new version of Wolf or the AvP preds. It's money in the bank!
But I do hope they get back to the Alien franchise before that... we still need to see the battle damaged aliens, the re-sculpted Giger alien, the A3 dog/ox-alien, the A:R, AvP and AvP-R aliens, and last but not least, the Queen!

I would be very surprised if NECA didn't release a new version of Wolf or the AvP preds. It's money in the bank!
But I do hope they get back to the Alien franchise before that... we still need to see the battle damaged aliens, the re-sculpted Giger alien, the A3 dog/ox-alien, the A:R, AvP and AvP-R aliens, and last but not least, the Queen!

You do have a good point there.

Really like these "quarter Preds". Wanted a different Predator so I got the Warrior(Ram) Pred. This thing is fantastic. The total sculpt is great. The paint apps are so close to par with HT(if not as good). The sheer size and quality for the price make up for any shortcomings it might have. Also I think It's good marketing strategy on NECA to have limited editions , even though it's only 5000 each piece. Kudos to the guys at NECA!

Also like to give a shout out to superad1977 for his review on theses beasts. After seeing his review I decided I needed(at least one!) in my collection .

You can't even see the hipjoint, you just have to customize the suspensor or whatever its name. That dangling thing. I did that and you can't see them anymore (1/4 City Hunter.). Those things originally are too tight on the figure and this cause the problem. By the way the joint are bearly visible on the City Hunter. They are blending beautifully into the sculpt and also the paint is hiding them too. Oh and I don't know about you but the paint on these are just great. Almost at Hot Toys quality if not HT quality (1/4 scale). Also Neca improved a lot, especially at 1/4. Just look at the new Gollum figure. It is just outstanding. They are a great alternative next to Hot Toys. They are doing preds which overal looks as good as theirs and also they are more accurate for the movie version and cheaper. Of course they are not perfect but what is?

The loincloath armor no hide completly the hipjoints.

And some figures like the boar and the lost predator have no loincloath to hide the hipjoints.

I would not say that the joints blending beautifully into the sculpt(the ellbows) but the joints are not so prominent like the human figures.

A updated wolf does not double knee joints.
The old knee joint on this was good enough. Flexibel and not too visible.

New hipjoints are a problem, when they are not fully hide by the loingloath(the loincloath on wolf are relly small).

A bigger problem are the elbows, the elbows are so nice sculpted and with a joint you "lost" this part.

To the Predator paintjobs, the paint are not good on this figures.

They are two problems.

1. The false colors, the city Hunter have a copper armor and red-brown patterns in the movie. The Neca figure have orange, red, brown patterns and a brown, gold, copper armor.

Different parts have different colors.
Why the helmet have a other color then the armor ? In the Movie its the same color.

2. The sloppy paint shemes. Look the pattern, especially on the forhead, this loos not good.
And the skin points are to glossy and sharp(on the Wolf they mat and blurred-looks a lot more realistic).

Neca make beautifull paint apps, but not at the Terminator and Predator line.

The color on the Gremlins and the Wolf Predator looks so much more accurate, vibrant and clean. I wish this paint apps on the Predator figures.

Neca have very accurate and nice sculpts, but the paint jobs on the final figures was not good enough.

I do not expect hot toys quality, a solid, correct paint base like Wolf and Gremlins are enough.

To the gollum, yes this paint job was really nice. this new skin texture are big improvement, but the joints ruined this figure.

Back