NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big price shake-up here.

Gonna make people ask themselves: how does NECA give us this for $85 while Sideshow continues to give us multiple reused armored troopers at 1/6 for $150?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it -- how it'll affect the future 1/4 market for figures neca can do at this price point (armored figures like Vader, comparable figures like Captain America, etc.) -- also just how much it actually costs to make this.

I think I prolly would've paid $85 just for the 1/4 cape. :lol

In any event, yeah, it's not Enterbay but still an amazing price point for a 1/4 scale figure.

I was looking through NECA's twitter and it seems like a lot of collectors have been asking them if they'll do a 7" Keaton '89 Batman figure. Their answer of course was "no".

Personally, I'd love to see a 7" Batman '89 figure. I have the '89 Batman Kubricks from a few years back that are 2" tall. Numerous 5" Batman figures from Kenner's Dark Knight Collection like Shadow Wing and Crime Attack and of course the 12" Hot Toys DX 09.

With this 18" 1/4 Batman, a 7" version seems like a no brainer. I'd buy one. NECA's trying to work on this one, I don't think they'd say, "yeah, we're doing a 7" figure too". There are probably people that would pass on the 1/4 for it. It might also be a license thing. I think gradually as the years go on, we'll see them put out a 7" '89 Batman on a blister in their reel toys figure line.

Same thing happened with Robocop. The 18" one came out years ago, then recently we got the 7" version that was scaled down. I'm sure Batman will happen some day, especially considering he has two accessories. He also has variation potential, i.e. battle damaged and we know how NECA likes their battle damage tools.

I know for the past 5 or 6 years people have been clamoring for a Mattel Movie Masters '89 Batman and Mattel has repeatedly stated that they have "no plans, maybe someday". But with all this Keaton Batman collectibles popping up and Mattel doing the 66' show, I can see them trying to jump in now. I know for a fact that a NECA 7" Batman '89 (this scaled down) would blow away any thing Mattel put out for the same exact price. NECA's got better paint apps, sculpts and accessories to boot.

EDIT:

Speaking of tooling, 7" figures and Robocop, in addition to reuse ideas for their Batman sculpt this comes to mind,

robocopnightfightermain.jpg

necakenner.jpg

NECA's got a thing for nostalgia and Kenner, they could easily put out Batman figures with this sculpt and make another little nod/homage to Kenner with repaints/retools like these, especially as exclusives.

ironwinchbatman.jpg

brucewayne(br).jpg

Those I would totally buy.

I almost had a heart attack. I forgot about the West Batman next to him, so, when I saw that corner of the cape, I thought they made a surprise addition and my jaw dropped.

Yep, that's the only thing, the only nitpick. Fix that and it's perfect.

My last ones now that we got better shots of this guy from ctr, I promise.

89batmannecarevised2copy.jpg

89batmanrevised.jpg

You know better than I do but I wonder if you've shortened the middle of the face a little bit too much in these ones?

I almost had a heart attack. I forgot about the West Batman next to him, so, when I saw that corner of the cape, I thought they made a surprise addition and my jaw dropped.

Killing and fooling people wasn't my intent.

:monkey3

You know better than I do but I wonder if you've shortened the middle of the face a little bit too much in these ones?

Probably, when you go in there adjusting you need a second eye because too much starts too still look good. It also doesn't help having it right next to it.

How bout this,

foradev2.jpg

foradev.jpg

foradev-1.jpg

Last edited:
Probably, when you go in there adjusting you need a second eye because too much starts too still look good. It also doesn't help having it right next to it.

How bout this,

foradev2.jpg

foradev.jpg

foradev-1.jpg

Great!
if the final product look like this, i take it right away!

and i would love a 7" too..

Im excited about the production peaces. All neca Prototyps looks good or fantastic, but we not get what we see.

This figure are big surpise and he looks so liflike. Its a good decision of Neca to make not a plastic or rubber cape. It looks so more realisric.

@DiFabio, good work, can you fix other figure-fotos too ?

For example the Dutch. Something is not accurate, not complet Arnold.
Words are abstract, but pictures are clearly.

Killing and fooling people wasn't my intent.

:monkey3

How bout this,

foradev2.jpg

foradev.jpg

foradev-1.jpg

Yeah, that looks spot on now.

But this 1/4 and you can by 3 of them for the price of one 1/6 HT figure.

That's why some of us are saying NECA (if they can deliver with this quality) is giving the middle finger salute to overpriced stuff from Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow, etc. And I say more power to 'em.

This is making me wonder, if I made the right decision when I purchased the HT Keaton Batman figure last year :monkey1.

That's why some of us are saying NECA (if they can deliver with this quality) is giving the middle finger salute to overpriced stuff from Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow, etc. And I say more power to 'em.

:exactly: They're in a great spot. Delivering excellent sculpts at a larger scale for a fraction of the price. Sure the paint applications aren't up to par with EB or HT, but paint can always be changed...The custom 19" Predators are STUNNING. as good as anything 10-15X the price.

This is making me wonder, if I made the right decision when I purchased the HT Keaton Batman figure last year :monkey1.

You did good.

For $85 bucks you can pick this figure up and come to your own conclusion with them side by side...if you feel you made the wrong decision, sell one :)

To be fair, this prototype is very very good quality for what it's made of, a lot of plastic. And the fact that it looks so damn good for what it's made of and retails for so little considering it's large size only compliments NECA. Well done.

But even noting all of that, the materials and realism and display options of the DX09 (multiple hands, faceplates, and the craftmanship of the accessories) is much better.

Now how much better? Is the quality difference such that it is worth about 3x as much retail?? Ehhh, probably not. But if I had to choose just one Keaton Batman, I'd pick the HT.

To be fair, this prototype is very very good quality for what it's made of, a lot of plastic. And the fact that it looks so damn good for what it's made of and retails for so little considering it's large size only compliments NECA. Well done.

But even noting all of that, the materials and realism and display options of the DX09 (multiple hands, faceplates, and the craftmanship of the accessories) is much better.

Now how much better? Is the quality difference such that it is worth about 3x as much retail?? Ehhh, probably not. But if I had to choose just one Keaton Batman, I'd pick the HT.

i agree on ALL points.

I think when the HT collectors see their HT Bats next to the 1:6 batmobile there will be no doubts they made the "right" decision.

Re: 1/4 NECA Batman 1989 Keaton

Kinda **** too that they aren't allowed by WB to show Cavill.

So they are doing a 1/4 Man of Steel? Nice. I really hope for a 1/4 Nolan Batman and Joker and Reeve Superman too.

Back