Name a role an actor was born to play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand that, though that kind of gets to my point that I personally feel Dalton was "born to play" Stark. Yeah, he acts pretty much the same in all of his roles, but to me, that one role he plays is Tony Stark (if he had an American accent, of course). Similarly, Paxton seems, to me, to really be Hudson deep down. He can hide it, and he has changed a bit as he got older, but deep down inside I still think of him as being Paxton at the core, in Frailty, Twister, Big Love, etc.

"Game over, man. Game over!"

I can understand that, though that kind of gets to my point that I personally feel Dalton was "born to play" Stark. Yeah, he acts pretty much the same in all of his roles, but to me, that one role he plays is Tony Stark (if he had an American accent, of course). Similarly, Paxton seems, to me, to really be Hudson deep down. He can hide it, and he has changed a bit as he got older, but deep down inside I still think of him as being Paxton at the core, in Frailty, Twister, Big Love, etc.

"Game over, man. Game over!"

I can see Hudson as being Bill Paxton's. I am OK with most of Bill Paxton's stuff (I thought I was the only one who liked "Big Love", how can a guy lose when he has three wives sitting at the kitchen table setting up a schedule of what night each one gets to sleep with him).

Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes (the definitive Holmes for me)
Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow (I also listed him as Barnabas Collins)
Hugo Weaving as V

A few of the top of my head ( most have probably already been mentioned ).

Jean Reno as Leon.
Natalie Portman as Matilda.
Gary Oldman as Stansfield.
Sam Neil as Allan Grant.
Harrison Ford as Indy and Han Solo.
Weaver as Ripley.
Arnold as the Terminator.
Heath Ledger as the Joker.
Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrence from the Shining.
Peter Weller as Robocop.
Bruce Willis as John Mcclane.
Stallone as Rocky and Rambo.
Kevin Peter Hall as the main predators from the first two movies.
Vin Diesel as Riddick.
Robert Englund as Freddy Kruger.

Theres thousands... I guess if a movie ended up good with a likeable character list they were all born to play that role since it would be difficult to imagine anyone else after viewing the movie.

Tom Cruise/Vincent

Adam Sandler was considered for the role you know. :lol

Dougray Scott as Wolverine (He was cast before Hugh Jackman, but couldn't do it due to scheduling conflict with MI:II). Dougray would have been a super badass Wolverine if you ask me:

ImageResize.ashx

30542_Dougray_Scott.jpg

hero-42bc4a78-31e9-4f18-bbc4-c6fc6938f2bd.jpg

Ah well, we shall never know.

Last edited:
Back