Name a role an actor was born to play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
58 posts and no one has mentioned:

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan

Agreed 100%.One of my all time favorite movies.There is no one else on Earth who could pull off that role as well as he did.(although I am sure that his muscle bound physique helped clinch him for the part).

I remember this thread. :lol was the highest multi quote I've ever done before the Disney thread.

I really can't think of any myself, right now. But there is not a lot of imagination at work in this thread. Mostly it is roles that have already been done.

What actors/roles come to your minds that have not yet happened.

Oh, and Timothy Dalton as Tony Stark?

Not.

Seriously, though, I suppose it depends on how you percieve the character. I had a different personality in mind for Tony Stark before RDJr. did him and I thought he did it as well as it can be done.

I am also not a fan of Timothy Dalton's acting. It reminds me too much of the over dramatizing that used to be necessary to project the emotion back when movies were siltent.

As a kid, I always imagined Dalton as voicing Stark when I read the comics. In fact, I think a lot of the guys in the 80s who worked on Iron Man must have used him as template for their artwork (I remember one old TPB I had where it was definitely Dalton as Stark on the cover).

He had the look and the mannerisms. "Over-dramatizing"? Do you think of Stark as some subdued, introverted hero like Batman in his private moments? No, he's a boozing, womanizing ego-maniac. Dalton would have done a fine job, though obviously Downey did, as well.

daltbon.jpg

"Over-dramatizing"? Do you think of Stark as some subdued, introverted hero like Batman in his private moments? No, he's a boozing, womanizing ego-maniac. Dalton would have done a fine job, though obviously Downey did, as well.

Absolutely not. But that is not what I meant. To me, when I look at actors in movies, sometimes I see actors who are trying to be a character, and sometimes I see actors who just are the character. And Timothy Dalton's acting, to me, is forced and he might "get into" character, be he doesn't really "become" the character.

Some other examples of this are SLJ as Mace Windu, Arnold Schwazenneger in any movie he has every done, and Sylvester Stallone in any movie he has ever done.

Back