1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered before the updated sculpt pics and it's only getting better.

That's not an updated sculpt it's the same sculpt on the promo pics. I asked xensation on their Facebook page and they confirmed it's the same sculpt. The 3D sculpt looks amazing!! The paint app they had done to it for the promo pics imo could have been so much better after seeing the 3D sculpt.

Xensation posted updates to the Faora sculpt, looks much better. The lips especially.

877919c44a504d86cb506f566ad89a33.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That's not an updated sculpt it's the same sculpt on the promo pics. I asked xensation on their Facebook page and they confirmed it's the same sculpt. The 3D sculpt looks amazing!! The paint app they had done to it for the promo pics imo could have been so much better after seeing the 3D sculpt.

It looks like Demi Moore from Ghost.

Gonna have to agree with this. At least based on these pictures, the Xen sculpt looks a lot better to me personally. Just needs a bit fuller lips in my opinion and perhaps a bit better hair (less bangs), and it'd be near spot on.

I think the custom sculpt looks better than the xen sculpt. The only thing with the custom sculpt is the jaw bones shouldn't be so pronounced. The xen sculpt just looks really weird to me, like a toy doll head with vague resemblance to Faora. But price is always a consideration and sometimes you get what you pay for.

I might pick this up though. Hope they do some improvements to the headsculpt but it doesn't sound like they are.

That 3D model looks far better than the painted sculpt, so if that's truly the underlying sculpt this will need a repaint. Gonna have to see who to commission.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

They were pretty good but I always found Faora's "evolution" comments cringe worthy.

Love Faora's fight and just was thinking about the helmet for her. I think would be difficult to do a clear helmet headsculpt if they tried unless hot toys did it. We are way past that possible release ever happening. Anyway stoked to have her preordered just need to save up for my Zod while we wait.

The final fight in MoS when it's just Superman vs. Zod always gives me chills. Especially the part after he sheds his armor and the track "If You Love These People" kicks in. Him shedding his armor made it feel like it was more mano-a-mano, straight up Supes vs. Zod. No crutches.

The final fight in MoS when it's just Superman vs. Zod always gives me chills. Especially the part after he sheds his armor and the track "If You Love These People" kicks in. Him shedding his armor made it feel like it was more mano-a-mano, straight up Supes vs. Zod. No crutches.

Zod's ruined by being beaten by Jor-El and Superman too easily. He should have been more powerful than Jor-El for obvious reasons, but I also sorta feel he should have been more powerful than Superman so that Superman overcoming him had to come from will rather than might. As it came out, Zod removes his armour and never really dominates Superman enough that the viewer ever fears that Superman is losing the fight, which kinda ruins the tension. They did so much right by copying the fights from Dragon Ball Z but really missed a trick by not mimicking how Dragon Ball Z (and basically every other film with a good antagonist) manages the shifting balance of power in the fights.

Zod's ruined by being beaten by Jor-El and Superman too easily. He should have been more powerful than Jor-El for obvious reasons, but I also sorta feel he should have been more powerful than Superman so that Superman overcoming him had to come from will rather than might. As it came out, Zod removes his armour and never really dominates Superman enough that the viewer ever fears that Superman is losing the fight, which kinda ruins the tension. They did so much right by copying the fights from Dragon Ball Z but really missed a trick by not mimicking how Dragon Ball Z (and basically every other film with a good antagonist) manages the shifting balance of power in the fights.

Jor-El I can possibly see, but I felt Zod laid his fair share of punishment on Superman. In fact, despite Zod being trained in combat, I thought Superman should have actually had more of the advantage on him because he should have had a better grasp on what abilities he has at that point and how to somewhat use them, at least more than what Zod would have. It seemed like Zod instantly knew how to use his new found powers almost flawlessly, while it took Superman 33 years (and was still trying to grow accustomed to them during the fight). Superman told him the secret on how to control his senses but nothing else, yet he seemed to know how to use nearly everything else.

Also, not sure if Superman being a natural born Kryptonian as opposed to Zod merely being genetically engineered would potentially have an effect on how much power each one has, in terms of how their cells absorb and store the sun's radiation. It was never directly said, but it seems like it may have been implied.

I have many problems with MoS but Jor-El beating Zod is probably at the top. I can accept Superman giving Zod a hard time because of his time on Earth and decades of absorbing sunlight I would think made him stronger than Zod but the Jor-El scene I felt didn't make any sense from the explanation of roles on Krypton and just plain fighting experience Zod would have had over Jor-El. I get that fights are chaotic and anything can happen but stick a BJJ expert in a fight with a non fighter and the BJJ guy wins 9/10 times. Maybe it was Crowe that demanded Jor-El look like a badass IDK but it gave me a bad opening impression of the film.

Back