1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS207-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure

So that he can get one more easily, of course.:lecture

I have zero problems with this figure and I look forward to adding it.

You can call them lazy, I can see how it could apply. You could also call them resourceful and outside the box thinkers. It's releases like this that will be a huge hit or a huge flop, and I appreciate their brass ***** for it. It's better than another IM release at the very least, and I think toy fair exclusives should be a bit off the beaten trail. It justifies the lower edition sizes and appeals to a smaller fan base.

Plus, it may also be quite a challenge to get approval on a Reeve likeness. Likeness approval can sometimes delay projects for months, years, or even stall them completely. And I'd imagine getting approval for an "evil" Reeve likeness would be a tougher sale with Reeve's estate than the standard one even was.

Using the existing, already-approved sculpt eliminates this part of the process entirely... And makes getting out this as an exclusive in a timely manner a possibility.

Sallah

Last edited:

Plus, it may also be quite a challenge to get approval on a Reeve likeness. Likeness approval can sometimes delay projects for months, years, or even stall it completely. And I'd imagine getting approval for an "evil" Reeve likeness would be a tougher sale with Reeve's estate than the standard one even was.

Using the existed, already-approved sculpt eliminates this part of the process entirely... And makes getting out this as an exclusive in a timely manner a possibility.

Sallah

Plus they know it is not going to sell as a stand alone release, hence why it's limited... I wonder if they plan to release, general zod, lex in this format.

1069270_492623764149850_1526432979_n.jpg

After looking at pics from the movie I see they could have done more with the head. They can still tweek it though.

Even with that I think its a cool release. I can't remember who said it in the Uncle Bingo thread bur it was something to the effect he was happy that HT is still willing to make these out of left field variants for the "hardcores". I agree.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Here are the specs. This is MMS 207:

SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODE MMS207
PRODUCT NAME SUPERMAN (EVIL VERSION)
HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS 30
SPECIAL FEATURES SPECIALLY CRAFTED BASED ON THE IMAGE OF CHRISTOPHER REEVE IN THE MOVIE, HIGHLIGHTING THE DETAILED HEAD SCULPT, MOVIE-ACCURATE COSTUME AND SPECIALLY-DESIGNED FIGURE STAGE.
ARTISTS HEAD SCULPTED BY ARNIE KIM. BODY SCULPTED BY JOSEPH TSANG
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY YULLI
The 1/6th scale Superman (Evil Version) Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Superman (Evil Version) in the
Superman III movie
- Head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Christopher Reeve
- Real-like facial expression with detailed wrinkles and gesture
- Detailed hair sculpture
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of fighting palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) set of costume in Superman style including one-piece blue costume with Superman logo in chest, yellow belt, red triangular-shaped pants and red cape
- One (1) pair of red boots

Accessory:
- Specially-designed rocky ground figure stage

Hot Toys Limited is a proud supporter of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation and their mission to advance research into spinal cord injury and improve quality of life for people living with paralysis.
Release date: Q3, 2013

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

TM & © DC Comics.

© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Supporter from the last figure, but notice there is no mention of any Donations FROM THE SALE OF THIS FIGURE.

They probably just cut and pasted this into this "figure"

It's probably one of the conditions attached to getting the likeness.

The base is cool but I parted ways with "good" Supes awhile ago so this guy isn't necessary......

Darker suit and bigger package. From a movie I could never place on my shelf.

I thought the Black Hole Trooper and the White Boba Fett were pushing it.

How wrong I was .......:lol

Best troll ever......and will sell.

I thought the Black Hole Trooper and the White Boba Fett were pushing it.

How wrong I was .......:lol

Best troll ever......and will sell.

It's a shame too. I have noticed my urge to buy Hot Toys fade away. No wonder my shelves are full of mostly customs. Actual heart, sweat and effort went into to making them by me or other very talented individuals.
Hell...even my Hot Toys figures are mostly customized due to them lacking in areas :lol

Darker suit and bigger package. From a movie I could never place on my shelf.

Superman 3 is vastly under rated, just like Michael Bolton said.

It's perceived as total trash, but it's really not terrible. It's not great either but it's worlds better than superman 4.

It's too bad the base wasn't a stack of tires you could put him in. :lol

Superman 3 is vastly under rated, just like Michael Bolton said.

It's perceived as total trash, but it's really not terrible. It's not great either but it's worlds better than superman 4.

I agree with this. :lecture

I didn't notice this before but I wonder if the Evil Superman's colors were the inspiration for Bryan Singer's darker colors on the Routh Superman.

Notice how the reds are more of a burgundy/maroon? That's the same coloration we saw in Superman Returns. Granted, the yellow is darker as well inside the shield.

I like seeing these colors on the Reeve figure! Looking forward to this one. Please you all feel free to get Star Speckled Cap or that G.I. John McClane!

Back