1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Didn't they just copy another members custom? How lazy of Hot Toys.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Didn't they just copy another members custom? How lazy of Hot Toys.

I know right? Because putting him in a suit and tie isn't lazy enough.

I Wish they would have done just minor changes to the headsculpt at least.Roughing up the hair a little or something.

Someone posted in the CA thread a photo of this going for 1,380 HKD which is about $178. If this actually goes for $179.99 then it'll make it a hard decision to pass up on.

I don't think I'd get a Hackman Luthor, though. Rosenbaum I'd consider. Maybe even Spacey. Hackman's Lex Luthor was all wrong.
I'm not a huge fan of the Hackman Luthor, but at least it was distinctive. As I see it Spacey was just a slightly more modernized riff on that version of the character. The "Krrrrryptonite!" and "WROOOOONG!" lines are awesomely cringe-worthy.

Someone posted in the CA thread a photo of this going for 1,380 HKD which is about $178. If this actually goes for $179.99 then it'll make it a hard decision to pass up on.

That was me. But the $178 is a straight HK dollar conversion. SS has to add their bit on top of that. I bet it will be @ $200-$220. And Cap $180-$200.

Those estimates always seem to be very low when you do the currency conversion. Either the Sideshow price is pretty heavily jacked up or HT gives its Asian distributors some serious discounts.

I'd rather have a Margot Kidder Lois Lane before I'd have either version of a Lex Luthor.

I Wish they would have done just minor changes to the headsculpt at least.Roughing up the hair a little or something.

This. :exactly:

No sculpt changes and the paint is not even correct. Fail.

You said they shouldn't expect people to buy repaints, but so far they haven't had trouble selling them.

This hobby is a little expensive for companies to expect people to buy repaints.

"Expect" as in "to consider reasonable." I am in no way inferring that people don't buy them, instead I'm commenting on the logic of taking a $200+ collectible and thinking it's cool to repackage it and sell it again like it is often done with $20- figures. I consider it reasonable to do some resculpting or creating new accessories if you're going to do that. Of course there will be people buying regardless, especially when it comes to Ironman, but that doesn't make it an okay thing to do in my opinion.

Hope that clarifies my comment.

With that said, I understand it from the business point of view, I just don't agree with it.

at least I won't have to chase any figures from this year's exclusives, might pick up this evil supes if he gets cheap

Hot Toys, you're just in a slump!

1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

This. :exactly:

No sculpt changes and the paint is not even correct. Fail.

That would have cost them money and they know now that just any variant and collectors will still snap it up, so I'm guessing they figured why bother.

That would have cost them money and they know now that just any variant and collectors will still snap it up, so I'm guessing they figured why bother.

Of course. I understand the logic. Just disappointing.

HT used to have passion.

Here are the specs. This is MMS 207:

SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODE MMS207
PRODUCT NAME SUPERMAN (EVIL VERSION)
HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS 30
SPECIAL FEATURES SPECIALLY CRAFTED BASED ON THE IMAGE OF CHRISTOPHER REEVE IN THE MOVIE, HIGHLIGHTING THE DETAILED HEAD SCULPT, MOVIE-ACCURATE COSTUME AND SPECIALLY-DESIGNED FIGURE STAGE.
ARTISTS HEAD SCULPTED BY ARNIE KIM. BODY SCULPTED BY JOSEPH TSANG
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY YULLI
The 1/6th scale Superman (Evil Version) Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Superman (Evil Version) in the
Superman III movie
- Head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Christopher Reeve
- Real-like facial expression with detailed wrinkles and gesture
- Detailed hair sculpture
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of fighting palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) set of costume in Superman style including one-piece blue costume with Superman logo in chest, yellow belt, red triangular-shaped pants and red cape
- One (1) pair of red boots

Accessory:
- Specially-designed rocky ground figure stage

Hot Toys Limited is a proud supporter of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation and their mission to advance research into spinal cord injury and improve quality of life for people living with paralysis.
Release date: Q3, 2013

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

TM & © DC Comics.

© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

People used to get mad about McFarlane repaints sold for like $15... Hot Toys, come dafuq on.

Not read everybody's posts on here. But, I'm a bit gutted its same sculpt, should be angry and more grimaced. And why no Clark Kent to go with it?? I'd be more than happy to pay the extra £££s just so I could recreate that classic scene.

Forget about the expression, where are the blonde hilights?

Back