1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS207-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Wow this is cheap! Same thing only with different colors really Hot Toys??

Superman 3 is vastly under rated, just like Michael Bolton said.

It's perceived as total trash, but it's really not terrible. It's not great either but it's worlds better than superman 4.
That's not saying a lot. Superman III is overall pretty meh if you ask me. I'm not the biggest fan of the first two films but Superman III had a huge drop in quality if you ask me and amped up the cheese factor a ton. I think it's one of those movies that has some good scenes but overall isn't very good.

SUPERMAN III sucks, but the Evil Superman segment is pretty awesome. In fact, it's so iconic that I've often forgotten it's from that awful film. :lol

SUPERMAN III sucks, but the Evil Superman segment is pretty awesome. In fact, it's so iconic that I've often forgotten it's from that awful film. :lol

So you might say he was the original "Darth Maul" then. :lol

In a sense, yeah. But I still immediately and instantly identify Darth Maul with the poo PT. :lol

They look different to me.

htsupermanpr6.jpg
93F1FAD2-0CE9-4FBD-ADA9-428AAAA48908-588-0000004F08F8323D.jpg

Couldn't agree with this more. Everytime I decide to watch it out of boredem, I forget that there's a lot that you have to endure to get to it, like the stupid intro, misplaced richard pryor and the offensive leaning tower of pisa bit where the two Italians running that souvineir stand are just mumbling jibberish.

The fight between good and evil superman, though awesome, still has a lot of problems.

htsupermanpr6.jpg
The first image you're using is from a proto picture. It's the exact same sculpt they're using for this release that's on the original, only repainted.

htsupermanpr6.jpg

man if they had just even changed the hair to the look he had in Superman III this would have a better a much better overall figure, I understand using the same HS, but they could have easily have done something to his hair

Because stubble apparently makes you "Evil" now. :lol

I think what's actually happened here is that they've left the unsold figures out in the Sun to save space in the warehouse and somebody on their lunch break out back has went "hey.....hang on, THIS is now EVIL SUPERMAN!!!!"

I'm passing on this one.

The original 152 is good enough for me. This is a cool idea but I don't dig the execution. If it had a different, angry headsculpt with the greys on the side, I might have bought into it.

At $200-$230 or whatever this thing ends up going for, I just can't feel it. It's not unique enough for me to buy a Hasbroesque variant at their prices. I personally would rather have a Reeve Clark Kent.

OK, the movies.
Superman (Christopher Reeve) I and II were good. Superman III was bad, and IV was horrible, in my opinion.

Superman Returns was a let down for me. I mean he walked into a trap and got his *** kicked. It didn't even look like he tried to put up a fight and just the fact it was Luthor "AGAIN"; I mean come on. Couldn't they think up something better then that.

Man of Steel; at least they did something close to fresh (except for the whole Zod thing again) with a little different origin and more action.

As far as this figure, it's almost the same "Literally", too clean and no difference in the face. The member that customizes an Evil Superman did a better job. Maybe they'll do something different, but I doubt it.

It does say it's not final, and the worldwide, non-convention batch probably won't be out for a few months. Go forth, minions, and spread the word to Howard Chan that Superman needs to grow his beard out a little more, furrow his brow, and take a tumble in a dumpster!

Fastest I've ever ordered. Just read this, and before I got to last pic, I'd texted my store man, and ordered it.
It looks fantastic. I can see this side by side with regular Supes, looking cool. And, I came across it as I was watching an ep of the animated WB toon of Supes.

Well we don't want too much of a beard going on...who knows what would happen then! With only slight stubble we get peanut flicking, leaning tower of Pisa straightening, tramp bonking, and eternal flame extinguishing antics. With a full five o'clock shaddow Superman might start putting general waste in recycling bins or stranding cats up trees! it would be madness I tells ya!

Fastest I've ever ordered. Just read this, and before I got to last pic, I'd texted my store man, and ordered it.
It looks fantastic. I can see this side by side with regular Supes, looking cool. And, I came across it as I was watching an ep of the animated WB toon of Supes.

It's guys like you that keep Hot Toys in business :lol. No thought whatsoever, just see a pic of it and two second later, bought!

Congrats though! Not the figure for me but I'm glad some people are finding joy in it.

I do love Supes and Bats. I just bought the Lego dc superheroes movie :slap
I'm sure it will be ok.

After saying that, not a fan of the new MoS movie. Too much of the same thing happening over and over, but worst of all, it held no elegance whatsoever. When Reeves flew, it was elegant, stylish, it had flair.. This new guy, just a bullet.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL12bbRPUz4[/ame]

Since I'm a life long Reeve/Supes fan.... I'm buying this! I'll never forget my first experience seeing STM at a drive-in when I was 10. That memory has lasted with me ever since. Granted SMIII wasn't the greatest but was still Superman from my childhood. :lecture

Back