1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Ok, so I already paid for my Superman and honestly can't wait.
I started watchin' all the movies and I'm now on Superman Returns, which I found quite good.

But I just saw a few things, which I wanna group in good and bad, since Singer do a good job, but also a few hideous mistakes and previously unknown facts to me I'll set in exclamation marks, alright?

Good:
- Brandon Routh
- Music
- Kevin Spacey
- FX
- "Photoshopping the original Pa Kent into newly made photos with a digitally younger new Ma Kent and a child version of Routh converted to look as the actor from Superman: The Movie who played Young Clark."
- "The alternate Beginning"

Bad
- Kate Bosworth
- no Super Villain...like...real.
- his Son
- "The Suit. First I kinda liked it, but then it drowned, cause I saw amazing photoshops and now...I have the making of on my TV, Pause screen and what shocks me...he approved a suit that didn't look like the original, but also approved a suit that hast like a gazillion micro Superman/House of El Insignias inside the fabric, as the texture."

I just needed to post that off topic, cause I find that shocking and ridiculous. It kind off killed Returns for me right now. That has nothing to do with the first.

Anyone else with me on this one, even if I risk getting run over by a big amount of Vodoun's awesome pics (no pun intended, buddy...love your pics)!?

Yeah yeah i know is of topic but for those of us that haven't received the Chris Reeve Supes here is a preview of our 80's heroes in one movie!.....Seagal, Jackie Chan, and Bruce Lee are the one missing here. R.I.P. BL

attachment.php

oh and Daniel-San with Mr. Miagy :lol

The fortress of solitude stage sucks! It just doesn't work.

However, the figure is pretty damn perfect!

Yeah yeah i know is of topic but for those of us that haven't received the Chris Reeve Supes here is a preview of our 80's heroes in one movie!.....Seagal, Jackie Chan, and Bruce Lee are the one missing here. R.I.P. BL

attachment.php

Dont believe the hype. Willis, Arnie, Van Dam probably have 40 seconds of screen time.

I got mine yesterday but my wife bought it for me for Christmas. She knew we were going to have to cancel it and saved here and there and went creative on the budget to fit it in. I'm beyond psyched to have it but unfortunately now comes the waiting game.

tumblr_lte7n3bw1x1r0ojhto1_500.gif

I got mine yesterday but my wife bought it for me for Christmas. She knew we were going to have to cancel it and saved here and there and went creative on the budget to fit it in. I'm beyond psyched to have it but unfortunately now comes the waiting game.

tumblr_lte7n3bw1x1r0ojhto1_500.gif

I am in precisely the same boat. :1-1:

Guess I'm the only one who got a dud. Wrinkled emblem and snaged body suit. Just can't let it slide :mad:

Out having dinner with wife, I missed my delivery. Monday at the earliest for me.....:impatient:

attachment.php

I like your creativity, Two choices you might want to rethink
Statham: Didn't make movies until 1998
Hemsworth: was born in the 80's, so unless he was a toddler hero your idea would work :lol

What say you, Arnold?

DSC_0384.jpg

Damn.

It is an amazing figure, though. I got mine today, and it does not disappoint. I do have a small shiny spot on his head, though, and some glue looking residue around the outside of his S-symbol.

I hate that I'm considering e-mailing Sideshow, but when you've got a grail figure this basic and expensive, little things like that seem to really matter.

Thats a pretty damn good competitor, thats forsure. You know how much I love T1 so Supes must be amazing for me to say the Reeve Superman IS the figure of 2011.

Guess I'm the only one who got a dud. Wrinkled emblem and snaged body suit. Just can't let it slide :mad:

I dunno. If those pics show your figure's problems at their worst...this is just me but I don't think I'd be too bothered.

I received my Superman last night and got around opening it today after work.

Oh man, this figure is absolutely fantastic.

I cracked this baby open and it's like this blue and red just punches you in the face. Absolutely NO problems to be found. My head doesn't have any shines or marks, the emblem is in the perfect position etc. etc. There is a small, small black mark on the back of the neck but that's hardly a "problem". There were also a few random pieces of thread hanging on the red underwear and other parts of the suit but they just needed to be clipped. I've clipped pieces of thread on nearly all my cloth/suited figures.

Definitely impressed. It's really hard to put this figure down, it's just so amazing. The headsculpt, the suit, the specialized true type, the poseable boots, it's just a great figure to own. I'm definitely ordering another one. I bought an exclusive so I'm just going for a regular instead.

If I had one nitpick, it would be the shoulders. I don't like how they look or function. Not just the ball joint movement underneath but the seam, the fit and those cape snaps. Only "flaw" as far I can see. Hardly a detractor though. Oh and it is pretty easy to snag the suit. Be careful. One or two tufts of blue is inevitable and hardly noticeable but I'd imagine the more rough people are with it, the more prone it will be to noticeable damage.

Anyway, good stuff. :rock

Congrats. I've been planning to get mine shipped alongside Batman when I've cleared my CC down to a certain point but...gettin' those "need a new Hottoy NOW" jitters bad. I want this figure....

Got mine. A+!!!

No need to bother when we have so many great pics but here's one crappy one.

(only gripe i have is that he seems to have a perspiration blemish on his forehead in certain light..Any idea how to get rid of it, no i'm not using sandpaper. Otherwise it don't bother me!)

Superman is HOME!

007.jpg

Got mine. A+!!!

Superman is HOME!

007.jpg

Awesome pic... Picked up Supes today-- and promptly handed him over (still in brown shipper box... unopened) to the missus as it's one of my X-mas presents. Oh well... I'll live vicariously through you guys until Dec. 25th. :impatient:

Back