1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Selling these figures would certainly help funding that, but even knowing what I'd be buying is very cool, it would still sting like hell to part with these figures, that's how good I think they are.

You should tell us what it is you have the opportunity of buying...

An update on my leaky bats situation, the seller has located AND bought a DCD batch body. I was monitoring that transaction and hopefully in a couple of weeks he will ship it out to me! Hopefully I will finally get what I paid for!

Also I tried the sponge inside the suit method and my Batman has stopped leaking. However If I remove the Sponge the oil builds up in a few hours...

Hope it works out ax. :peace

Hi guys.
My first post in this forum and it is not a good one.
I bought a Batman DX second batch about a month ago for US$300. I knew about the oil leak problem. When I saw the figure before buying it had very little oil leak in one ab, so I figured after all this time the oil was vanishing.
I wanted to get rid of the oil quickly so I was tired of wiping it every day. I used a hair drier to see what happened and BAM!, oil started to get out like crazy in all 4 abs. I cleaned the abs and looked O.K. Just in case, I had to look underneath the chest area so I detached the glue of the pants and this is what I found out:
batmandx1.jpg

batmandx2.jpg

was this figure a complete disaster or what? I haven't had any issues with mine so far but I'm sure down the road I will....

Oh man why did u use a hair drier on rubber@_@

It looked OK at first glance. But how can you tell the rubber underneath is melting if it's concealed.
I cleaned and trimmed the melting rubber and looks fine but the oil is still coming out of the abs. I get shiny abs after a day I clean them. I am just tired of doing it and hope that one day the oil will go away.
Any compound I can use to dry the excess oil inside the rubber?
I am cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, it gets rid of the oil at the surface pretty well but as I said the oil appears again and again.

Oh man why did u use a hair drier on rubber@_@
To get rid of the oil quicker. I just made a little pass on the abs and the chemical reaction started. I am still using the hair drier and it is working, the oil is coming out less and less. I don't want to give up on this sucker and hope for the best.

Ok guys I'm just throwing this idea out there for those that have the leaky ABS Batman (including myself ). Ok so here goes. You know those "do not eat" little bean bag packets that come with every hot toys figure. And other products? Well that packet I believe is to absorb moisture. So I'm thinking of using a small packet and putting in underneath the ABS. I will try this out tomorrow and see what happens. Any comments for what I said would be appreciated. And input.

To get rid of the oil quicker. I just made a little pass on the abs and the chemical reaction started. I am still using the hair drier and it is working, the oil is coming out less and less. I don't want to give up on this sucker and hope for the best.

Yeah, as you can see, that was a mistake.

Using a hair drier is only going to exacerbate the situation - adding heat to a system tends to increase the rate of chemical reactions...

You have to becareful avoiding the grey paint above the abs, I've seen it start peeling due to heat.

I just dropped a bunch of those little silica beads under the armor underneath the ABS. I hope it works. I read about the silica packets on Wikipedia on how the absord

My Batman was leaky, and was already melted rubber inside when I got it (now the seller has got a replacement and says he'll send it to me)
However I found a way to protect BOTH the leaky ab PLUS the rubber inside. this is what I did (someone may have done it before)

1. first I cut a piece of transparent plastic (those used in clamshells) in the shape of the ab region. Then slid it under the ab armour.

2. Then I cut a piece of foam (not too hard type and neither to soft type) generally the type used in loofas (NOT th too soft ones) in the shape of that ab with a heated blade and slid it too under the ab

3. So its like this first the ab armour, beneath it lies the sponge to soak in the oil, then the plastic cover from the sponge to the inside rubber/pants or body. The plastic cover is to protect the inside from the sponge soaking too much and pushing some oil out into the inside. This has stopped ALL oil coming out at the moment. And my Batman has stopped showing any oil since yesterday. I took out the sponge to check once what its condition is and it has black spots all over it.

Try it, it will keep your batman oil free... just make sure you change the sponge every two months or a month (depending on how OCD you are)

I just dropped a bunch of those little silica beads under the armor underneath the ABS. I hope it works. I read about the silica packets on Wikipedia on how the absord

Have you tried just getting the Moisture absorbent tubs? I use something similar to these in my collection

https://www.oxy.co.kr/eng/product/hama/ha_sub01.asp

Back