1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Silica gel will absord moisture as will moisture tubs, oil and water dont mix so something that absorbs water doesnt absorb oil. Oil emulsions are NOT trapped like water molecules are by these things. So they will do nothing but suck away all the moisture, and thats not good. In the presence of some moisture oil will still act slower. However you rob all the moisture the oils effect is quickened. So DONT use any moisture absorbent material. They will do your rubber bodies MORE HARM than good...

Well I took your awesome advice AX. I removed the beads immediately. I cut a piece of rubber roofing I had and foam to the exact size of the ABS. I hope this works. My DX BATS doesn't leak bad but its noticeable and aggravating. Thanks again AX

Hi guys.
My first post in this forum and it is not a good one.
I bought a Batman DX second batch about a month ago for US$300. I knew about the oil leak problem. When I saw the figure before buying it had very little oil leak in one ab, so I figured after all this time the oil was vanishing.
I wanted to get rid of the oil quickly so I was tired of wiping it every day. I used a hair drier to see what happened and BAM!, oil started to get out like crazy in all 4 abs. I cleaned the abs and looked O.K. Just in case, I had to look underneath the chest area so I detached the glue of the pants and this is what I found out:
batmandx1.jpg

batmandx2.jpg

That's the decomposition I was talking about a couple pages back. You can even see the over-saturation on the pants, where the textured pattern's completely gone. Hate to see what these things will look like in 10 years. :(

Ok guys I'm just throwing this idea out there for those that have the leaky ABS Batman (including myself ). Ok so here goes. You know those "do not eat" little bean bag packets that come with every hot toys figure. And other products? Well that packet I believe is to absorb moisture. So I'm thinking of using a small packet and putting in underneath the ABS. I will try this out tomorrow and see what happens. Any comments for what I said would be appreciated. And input.

I don't think the silica's a good idea. Great for "moisture" from water, but oil is different than water and anybody who's ever had a pack of beef jerky knows it doesn't get rid of the oils on the meat.

Last edited:

Well I took your awesome advice AX. I removed the beads immediately. I cut a piece of rubber roofing I had and foam to the exact size of the ABS. I hope this works. My DX BATS doesn't leak bad but its noticeable and aggravating. Thanks again AX

No problem but is that rubber roofing used as a replacement for my clear plastic film? If yes, I would advise you NOT to use rubber because the oil will just melt it and it will fuse with the foam rendering the foams suction property useless. Use a plastic piece. Anyway see if it does solve your issue and for how long... Im sure a foam piece will easily last you a month or two as the equivalent surface area of a foam of that size is QUITE a lot...

Still have no idea. :dunno

Not that I think anyone particularly cares, but among other things Bat related I occasionally write for Batman-On-Film and had the privilege over the years to interview many people related to the Batman movies, as well as reporting from the set of Batman Begins in 2004.

I'm also a Batman '89 nut. There isn't a lot about that movie I don't know, especially when it comes to the costume, which is a particular passion of mine.

So who wants to buy my DX Batman and Joker then? :p

Ah, gotcha.

I know Batman-On-Film. :)

That's the decomposition I was talking about a couple pages back. You can even see the over-saturation on the pants, where the textured pattern's completely gone. Hate to see what these things will look like in 10 years. :(

I don't think the silica's a good idea. Great for "moisture" from water, but oil is different than water and anybody who's ever had a pack of beef jerky knows it doesn't get rid of the oils on the meat.

Even after all this time I never could work out why the sides of the suit being in contact with the pants or the back that those parts don't start a chemical reaction. Yet it's only the front area. Yet the sides and back are even tightly compact to the pants than the front and still, the kidney plates are even thicker than the abdominal plates.

Even after all this time I never could work out why the sides of the suit being in contact with the pants or the back that those parts don't start a chemical reaction. Yet it's only the front area. Yet the sides and back are even tightly compact to the pants than the front and still, the kidney plates are even thicker than the abdominal plates.

I think that's why. The plastic insert proved with it's failure to fix the issue, that it wasn't a chemical reaction, but the actual suit that was breaking down. With it not being cured correctly, all that pressure is looking for the least "squeezed" part of the suit to secrete the oils. :huh

Here's my bad boy and I have decided to part with him, I just can't pass up the opportunity for the other item I mentioned.

As soon as I have access I'll make a post in the trade section.

5695445421_68e42a9011_z.jpg

That looks great.Took the plunge and got the MMS71.love it.Will prob display it with Bales head if I get lucky and get the DXO2 sometime this month.common work give me that raise:)

Took the plunge and got the MMS71.love it.Will prob display it with Bales head if I get lucky and get the DXO2 sometime this month.common work give me that raise:)

It's still a fine figure.

3518513027_4614dd5ed2_z.jpg

It really is. I've just put mine up in the trade section. Wish I didn't have to, but needs must.

:D Inspired by Thor Poster

TDKR-Poster-Thor-StyleResize.jpg

Got my dx batman just now, any of you guys know how to fit the cape so that its nice and flat on his shoulders...without breaking anything. Thanx.

Got my dx batman just now, any of you guys know how to fit the cape so that its nice and flat on his shoulders...without breaking anything. Thanx.

nearly impossible. try to buy a custom velvet cape from lforigno and you'll see how the cape will make the figure looking 10x better. :wave

Thanx thrust, think i saw those custom capes on ebay, will try and score 1. This is a great fig btw guys , glad 2 finaly have 1.

get the one here from ilforigno so you know what you are going to get in your hands as there are plenty of feedbacks and pictures. If you are adventurous and need more than one you can go scout your own fabric, get a circular fabric cutter and cut them yourselves for cheap. For fabric I look for something with your preferred texture and color, is soft enough to hang naturally over your finger yet dense enough to not let much light through

Back