1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

How do you make people read when they choose only what they want to read?

These threads had died a long time ago and it's been covered multiple times. This isn't regarding the poor fella who got a bum one from whoever the seller is.

I mean really, it's nearly a year since these figures went retail... and it's still getting discussed as if we don't know. The topics in this thread and the leaking thread has been at least covered exhaustingly 3 times or so.

It's my understanding that most, if not all, replacements were not from the DCDirect batch (hence the clear transparency film). So unless yours is from the DCDirect batch, with the plastic abs, I'm not sure what your point is.

Both of mine are from the DCD batch and they have the film up in between the armor and body. So it's not just the replacement batch.

I always figured that the most recent replacement bodies from Hot Toys (and I mean, MOST recent) were indeed the same DCD batch bodies hence the hard plastic abs.

Apparently you didn't read the part where I had the figure for 6 - 7 months and it never showed any damp parts.

No, what I didn't read was the part where you stated your replacement had hard plastic abs, because you didn't actually state that. Hence, my question about your point.

Why did yours have a plastic divider, when none of the retail batch 3 DX02s had dividers?

But again, despite the plastic abs, HT did nothing to address the issue of the biceps.

I've never disagreed with this statement.

The biceps use the same material as the batch 1 and 2 abs. Hence, the reason they still leak.

You'd understand wrong. Looking at the time table, the replacement bodies were pulled from the same run as the DCD batch given the replacements started arriving just a couple weeks prior to the DCD shipping from retailers.

I recall recipients of the recall being frustrated because they received replacements that had the soft abs, despite the fact that the harder abs were being released just a few weeks later.

Again you'd be wrong. Just a few posts prior, Platty reported that his is a DCD run and does, in fact, leak.

It leaked once, and never again, hence my assertion that what he saw was different than what owners of batches 1 and 2 saw (which leaked continuously, even after wiping).

I suggest you read it before making any further assumptions or stating any more incorrect facts.

You're funny. The only reason we're discussing this again is because of your incorrect statements and generalizations.

You're funny. The only reason we're discussing this again is because of your incorrect statements and generalizations.

It's all right there in the thread for you to read, but you wont...

ignorant.jpg

Why did yours have a plastic divider, when none of the retail batch 3 DX02s had dividers?

They do have them unless mine are anomalies.

Okay lets get off it. Some people have leaking problems (minor and major) while others don't. There's bound to be different effects with the plastic and rubber Hot Toys has used. Not everyone is going to have the same issue.

Despite this, DX Count of Monte Crisco here is still one of my favorite figures.

Well the bottomline is he wants to get a DX02 and if anybody is in his shoes, the best one to get is the DCD version, because since its the 3rd batch, it is the least likely of out of all to leak.
I have a DCD and it has NO leak and there's a lot of people here with DCD who can attest the same. So eventhough there's a few that still may have issues, DCD is still the best option if you wanna get one.

Its just that generalizing that since DCD might still leak, just pick whichever version cause they all might leak anyway is not helping him in his decision.
The reason DCD cost so much because it is highly unlikely it will leak. Is it guaranteed? No, but there's a good chance it wont. And if you are gonna spend that much on a figure, wouldnt you want the best option?

Well the bottomline is he wants to get a DX02 and if anybody is in his shoes, the best one to get is the DCD version, because since its the 3rd batch, it is the least likely of out of all to leak.
I have a DCD and it has NO leak and there's a lot of people here with DCD who can attest the same. So eventhough there's a few that still may have issues, DCD is still the best option if you wanna get one.

Its just that generalizing that since DCD might still leak, just pick whichever version cause they all might leak anyway is not helping him in his decision.
The reason DCD cost so much because it is highly unlikely it will leak. Is it guaranteed? No, but there's a good chance it wont. And if you are gonna spend that much on a figure, wouldnt you want the best option?

Disagree. It's the propaganda saying they don't leak that keeps the majority of customers paying that much. Every single DCD batch auction says "DCD batch, no leaks" which as we've seen here in this thread, sellers are using despite not having the slightest ____ing clue what it means. They just know it sells product. We only make up a small percentage of the market here and it's safe to assume that the majority are unaware of the issues with the DCD run. That said, I wasn't advocating the purchase of a DX02 at all since it's a high priced game of Russian roulette. The first TDK new suit, while admittedly inferior, isn't a gamble at all. :huh

Okay lets get off it. Some people have leaking problems (minor and major) while others don't. There's bound to be different effects with the plastic and rubber Hot Toys has used. Not everyone is going to have the same issue.

Despite this, DX Count of Monte Crisco here is still one of my favorite figures.

It's also proven since the duration of this topic/release a huge number of people were never up front and more so since the start of this year there has been huge offload to sell theirs.

Look what happened recently for an example by two fellow members. Yet that person wanted the buyer to keep him anonymous. I'm not talking about what version, just how he tried to flog it and say it was something it was not. That shows trust. ¬_¬

Disagree. It's the propaganda saying they don't leak that keeps the majority of customers paying that much. Every single DCD batch auction says "DCD batch, no leaks" which as we've seen here in this thread, sellers are using despite not having the slightest ____ing clue what it means. They just know it sells product. We only make up a small percentage of the market here and it's safe to assume that the majority are unaware of the issues with the DCD run. That said, I wasn't advocating the purchase of a DX02 at all since it's a high priced game of Russian roulette. The first TDK new suit, while admittedly inferior, isn't a gamble at all. :huh

True, but leak or no leak, I would still rather have the DX02. There is a considerable difference on the overall product. The TDK v1 looks fat with a bad headsculpt. Even with all its advantage of non leak and mobility, it looks more like a non Hot toy figure, like it was made by low end figure maker.
The Medicom is actually a better figure than v1. And if you're willing to do mods on it, is even better than the DX02.
But that's beside the point, its just between dx02 and v1, there's just no comparison, that I would even take my chances with it leaking cause it is still miles ahead better looking figure than the v1.

True, but leak or no leak, I would still rather have the DX02. There is a considerable difference on the overall product. The TDK v1 looks fat with a bad headsculpt. Even with all its advantage of non leak and mobility, it looks more like a non Hot toy figure, like it was made by low end figure maker.
The Medicom is actually a better figure than v1. And if you're willing to do mods on it, is even better than the DX02.
But that's beside the point, its just between dx02 and v1, there's just no comparison, that I would even take my chances with it leaking cause it is still miles ahead better looking figure than the v1.

Ummm, good? I don't recall mentioning you at all? :dunno :nana: :lol

For me personally, I'm content with the V1. I look at it, it's a decent representation of the suit and I don't have to sweat it leaking. :huh

I guess I forgot to add IMHO, :pfft:

:lol

Yeah. We were talking with axecutioner18 when Haytil came in, dropped trough and pinched a loaf of bull____ into the conversation. :lol That said, opinions are like _______s, everybody has one and they're all welcome at the bathhouse. :lol

If only the MMS71 didn't have a beer belly, the figure would have been better than the DX02

Just opened my MMS 71 and he does have a bit if beer belly:lol:lol
BTW...I just bought a lforigno( hope I got his name right) cape!!!!!:clap Does anybody know how to put it on???

Yeah. We were talking with axecutioner18 when Haytil came in, dropped trough and pinched a loaf of bull____ into the conversation. :lol That said, opinions are like _______s, everybody has one and they're all welcome at the bathhouse. :lol

I hear ya brother. In the end, the only thing that matters is the owner's opinion, and if they're happy with it. :)

Back