1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

No offense, but I hope not... I prefer my Batman to stick to cars and motorcycles (or reasonable facsimiles thereof)

Well so far Nolan's Bats is the only one who hasn't taken to the sky. So who is your Batman?

Man, I can't believe you guys.

"No, no new suit, no new suit"

Uhh, every film to date it's changed. The new suit is as important as the new title itself. It's like a tradition. The suit is one of the first things, if not the first thing to be shown. It creates hype, buzz and speculation. For as long as I can remember it's been "hmm, I wonder what the new suit looks like", then BAM, it's the first thing shown and everyone goes nuts. It also keeps things fresh.

There are ALWAYS improvements to be had, be it aesthetics improvements or plot improvements. In the last film Batman needed to be able to move faster and by the films end he was badly beaten. Chewed apart by dogs, shot, beaten by various henchmen, pummeled by a crowbar, and surviving huge falls.

And who is he going up against in the next film? BANE (probably Batman's most physical adversary) and the GPD (I think he'll want something similar to the Begins armor considering EVERYONE will want to take a shot and stab at him).

They don't even have to explain the new suit, that was what was so unique about TDK.

As for "Nolan gets, what Nolan wants", while I agree somewhat with that sentiment, lets not forget that film making is a team effort with multiple minds behind a concept.

Batman is getting a new suit, if I'm wrong, well, I'm wrong. But every film to date has had a revised or brand spanking new suit, usually improving on the last. TDK suit can be improved.

Last edited:

Yeah, I can't think of any practical reason to change the suit significantly.

Which is annoying, because I want a new suit...

I wouldn't be shocked too if Batman doesn't even have Wayne Manor or a new batmobile and is just living somewhere away from Gotham.

Sigh, I hope though if there is a new batmobile that it will look something like the BTAS batmobile, that one is sweet.

I am 100% positive we will see a new suit. Everyone is always trying to think like Chris Nolan. Maybe he wants to see a new suit too, maybe he thinks it's a cool process.

I hope we get a new cowl, didn't really like the one on TDK suit.

I hope we get something that's similar to begins. That is a more Iconic batman and my favorite suit of all bat films.

TDK suit is my least favorite out of all. Its way too busy. It doesnt look like batman anymore. Its too much like an action figure looking. I cant stand the skinny neck also. I remember in an interview how Bale was excited about the begins Cowl, how the huge neck was menacing, I believe he described it looking like a panther.

Then in TDK, he's got the skinniest neck.
I know TDK to date is the most effiecient suit, but for arts purposes, I hope they go back to something like the begins suit.

The TDK Suit is my favourite one, so much so that I bought it twice but I actually just auctioned one of on eBay, I'm just fast running out of space & also it's money to go towards my HT preorders which just seem to be mounting up but even though I've still got one, it's still kinda sad to see the other one go.

I'm not saying I don't want a new suit, I DO

Just sayin' I don't think that the likilihood of getting a new suit is quite 100% as some think

And yes I know it's the tradition and it makes marketing sense etc etc ad nauseum

I hope we get something that's similar to begins. That is a more Iconic batman and my favorite suit of all bat films.

TDK suit is my least favorite out of all. Its way too busy. It doesnt look like batman anymore. Its too much like an action figure looking. I cant stand the skinny neck also. I remember in an interview how Bale was excited about the begins Cowl, how the huge neck was menacing, I believe he described it looking like a panther.

Then in TDK, he's got the skinniest neck.
I know TDK to date is the most effiecient suit, but for arts purposes, I hope they go back to something like the begins suit.

I hear what you're saying, but TDK suit is the most practical suit to date. And it fits Noland's universe so well.

The Dark Knight Suit bothers me in that the Bat symbol is barely there, it isn't really black enough, and he can't have the cape forward really.

Other than that I like it.

I always wondered what these modern suits would look like if they incorporated the iconic yellow black/gold black emblem eventually. The "target" if you will. It would make for some nice evolution from, Begins to Dark Knight, to Rises.

If this is around Batman's third year as far as the Begins story goes, it might be interesting for them to use it.

I doubt it though. I do remember people claiming the TDK suit had a gold bat logo when that first pic of him on the cop car surfaced. It turned out it was just the light reflecting off of something.

Just got mine.
023-10.jpg

013-9.jpg

Do we have any idea how much time might have passed between TDK and TDKR storyline?

Well, that's not exactly "doing it himself", Haytil. :lol

I love the begins suit. But I think that it only has it's moments overall. He looks great in the scarecrow scene in TDK and right before he gets set on fire in the narrows in BB. However, I find him looking a bit ridiculous in some scenes. like in TDK on the gordon/dent rooftop scene.

I think the DK suit looks kind of military-ish, in a strange way, and seems more functional. The whole hong kong scene really shows how much depth it has: w/o cape, flying through the air, beating peoples asses in, waiting for a ride... all the while it looks good pretty much all the time it's on screen.

I can't wait to see the new design. I think it'll be setting up a definitive batman design. BB is early career, TDK is adapting and improving, TDKR is when he has his ____ figured out and the perfect suit for the job.

that being said, the armored batsuit in Arkham aslyum makes me very happy to beat ass in with.

Back