1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Do you all think the crazy prices for this guy will drop once a TDNR figure comes out?

Assuming that, TDK suit is even in TDKR, I say no. If you mean in general, well, look at the OC/Begins Batman, prices didn't drop when the TDK figures came out, prices actually increased.

TDK V1 is considered "inferior" but it still fetches for way more than it's original MSRP. The original Hot Toys Begins figure is up against the likes of Takara, TDK OC, and both TDK figures and it goes for a pretty penny too.

To put it simply, the crazy prices may drop, but they'll still be crazy prices even if the TDK suit is featured in TDKR.

With that said, I think we should expect to see a brand new Bat-suit for TDKR. Will Hot Toys really want to revisit TDK version after the DX debacle and the chance to milk the crap out of TDKR?

I'm not 100% certain we'll see a new suit in TDKR - I do really want to see one, but not entirely convinced Nolan will feel the need for it. We'll see.

If we DO see a new suit, I think its highly unlikely HT will revisit the TDK suit.

If we don't see a new suit, they will obviously do another version which would hopefully sort all the DX issues.

My strong preference is to see a new suit though

I woudn't mind seeing a new suit. I would, however, hope that a new Batmobile is in the pipeline.

<edit> Don't get me worng, I like the batpod, but Batman needs a car.

I think we'll definitely see an updated costume, even if it isn't a major departure. We'll definitely see a new Batmobile as well IMO.

I think Nolan geeks for these things the same as the rest of us, he's already stated he loves the gadget side of things.

From a marketing standpoint, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a new costume as well as vehicle(s).

I think we'll definitely see an updated costume, even if it isn't a major departure. We'll definitely see a new Batmobile as well IMO.

That's kind of what I'm expecting. I think the suit will be updated, but follow the same basic pattern. Maybe some new shapes in the plates and stuff like that.

And I definitely expect a new Batmobile. No way he just had the Batpod and that's it.

Couple quick questions. Will Hot Toys make another Batman when TDK Rises comes out? Also could a Bane be in the works?

Will Hot Toys make another Batman when TDK Rises comes out?

If there's a new suit, definitely. If not, we'll see.

Also could a Bane be in the works?

They almost certainly will do it. It's probably not "in the works" yet, in the sense that I'm sure Hot Toys has no idea what it will look like at this point (it's probably still being finalized for the production).

I expect a brand new suit, not just a simple update. Each Batman film to date has had atleast one new suit, I don't see why they would stop that trend with the 7th film.

It seems mandatory, Batman gets a new suit, a few new gadgets, a new vehicle, the film has a new theme as well as a feel and look.

If there isn't a new suit, costume designers and designers in general are out on an important, even critical job. Most of those designers have been involved in the creation of "the suit" since '88, that's 23 years. It's silly to think that they'd just keep TDK suit.

Plus, like I've said in the past, I'm sure WB makes it so that it's mandatory for Batman to have a new suit in each film to cater to the toy companies, marketing and promotion of the film.

A thought to consider:

"The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises" are very similar titles. Perhaps this one will feel like a continuation of the last one even more so than Begins and TDK.

I expect a brand new suit, not just a simple update. Each Batman film to date has had atleast one new suit, I don't see why they would stop that trend with the 7th film.

It seems mandatory, Batman gets a new suit, a few new gadgets, a new vehicle, the film has a new theme as well as a feel and look.

If there isn't a new suit, costume designers and designers in general are out on an important, even critical job. Most of those designers have been involved in the creation of "the suit" since '88, that's 23 years. It's silly to think that they'd just keep TDK suit.

Plus, like I've said in the past, I'm sure WB makes it so that it's mandatory for Batman to have a new suit in each film to cater to the toy companies, marketing and promotion of the film.

Chris Nolan may not want a new suit. It might take valuable screen-time for expository dialogue, and even if he just presents it without explaining it, it could very well be that he likes what he's already designed.

The studio probably wants a new suit, to sell more stuff, but by all appearances, Nolan has enough weight with them, at this point, that he can just say "No" and they'll go along with it. They're thankful enough he's back as it is.

Also, I don't think Nolan really cares about designing new costumes just for the sake of throwing business to costume designers. He's making a movie for the purpose of making a movie, not for the purpose of creating jobs. And there are lots of other costumes that will need designing - from the outlandish (Bane and Catwoman) to the mundane (Wayne's newest suit).

Plus, using the old suit really isn't going to hamper stuff like toy sales or merchandising. People will still buy the new toys, and very few will be discerning enough to care or say "I already have a figure almost exactly like this." Hell, toy manufacturers will probably be glad to sell an equally huge run of toys, but this time having to avoid the development of new molds and brand-new designs. They can just mix and match some new paint colors!

Chris Nolan may not want a new suit. It might take valuable screen-time for expository dialogue, and even if he just presents it without explaining it, it could very well be that he likes what he's already designed.

Did Nolan design the suit himself?

Couple quick questions. Will Hot Toys make another Batman when TDK Rises comes out? Also could a Bane be in the works?

I'm of the opinion that we will see a new action figure for the new movie regardless of a change in the suit. If that happens, I look forward to being able to display my DX02 with the backpack and sticky bomb gun.

And yes. I expect a Bane and Catwoman figure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the new suit was designed "so that Batman could move easier and turn his head , also he was carrying too much weight". That was the film reason....But I think the real reason was so that Bale could move freely and act better, and look more natural moving around. If that's the case there might not be a reason to upgrade, at least not too much. But what the Hell do I know?

Yeah, I can't think of any practical reason to change the suit significantly.

Worth bearing in mind...

'should do fine against cats'

Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no new suit. New gadgets and new batmobile are certainties though IMO

Back