1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The open mouthed expression still bothers me. The angry face looks just like Bale. I have no idea how some of you could see George Clooney. I don't his Batman was ever angry in the film; he just sulks. Maybe it's the chin on the figure? I don't see it.

These are the scenes that are recalled when I see the expressions. Well, the angry one isn't quite as angry, but close enough.
DX02_TDK_Batman_01.jpg

Thank you for that comparisson and yes, like I said, the angry one is good, but the other ones, really horrible <.<

Hope they could sculpt one mouth like in your pic... it has to look like Bale, when not, I think I'm going to pass it, still would buy the belt and the guns,... maybe also the sonar eye sculpt :D

I still keep hoping for DX03 to be Gordon in Swat and regular gear. Well i can dream can't i ?
:)

His eyes need to be more squinty on the figures. Too wide open. Look at the figure to movie shots. Either way a great figure, but thanks again for making older figures obsolete. Making the original DK and Joker owners waste their cabbage. Dangit! :monkey5

Does Dicky Grayson work?..i love the fact he took over as Batman now, i just may have to start reading this story.

*edit* why yes!! DICKY DICKY DICKY DAAAAAHICKY!!!

Hilarious! Yes, Morrison and Quitely's work on the first 2 issues on Batman and Robin have been stellar as has Judd Winick's on the main Batman title and Paul Dini's Streets of Gotham. Great stuff.

Do you think DC Direct'll import this one to the states?

i caved and ordered him at Toys2. still gonna keep my V1 even if he is a fatty bastard:rotfl

Your V1 could be displayed as a fat, evil, clone of Batman that didn't turn out right. All you would have to do is add a mustache. :cool:

Thank you for that comparisson and yes, like I said, the angry one is good, but the other ones, really horrible <.<

Hope they could sculpt one mouth like in your pic... it has to look like Bale, when not, I think I'm going to pass it, still would buy the belt and the guns,... maybe also the sonar eye sculpt :D

That's it, the smiling head has GOT TO GO!!! Give us something else hot toys and a WAYNE HEAD!!!

I still keep hoping for DX03 to be Gordon in Swat and regular gear. Well i can dream can't i ?
:)

No, you can't dream :nono

.............But you can hope and pray :D

Do you think DC Direct'll import this one to the states?
All signs point to Yes. Thank god, the price on this guy if he wasn't coming through direct channels... shudder....

I'll probably order him through Diamond Previews then.Also,do any of you think that HT took the Medi route and is going to release Bruce as a standalone figure?

Hot Toys' market strategy is evolving in front of us. But I think the absence of a Bruce Wayne here is very telling. They probably have something up their sleeve.

This is just my gut talking, but I suspect that Hot Toys will offer a 2 in 1 sometime in 2010. Perhaps just this guy again but instead of the Sonar head it will come with different plug-in expressions, and the Wayne head and suit. Or maybe it will be a straight rerelease of the BB Batman but with the new eyes system/plug-in expressions and the Wayne bits. And if they do either of those, btw, I will seriously have an embarrassment of Batmans.

Good point,maybe they're saving Wayne for a BB DX.

Hi all, this is my first post on here, but i been checking out the site for a while, using it for advice n reviews etc. Just wanted to say i'm super stoked about this new batman. I have the hot toys original costume batman and was planning on getting the dark knight version at some point, i just wished it came with the sticky bomb gun. So this new version looks perfect. I cant wait.
I did also wanna point out that there's a shot in the interrogation scene in the dark knight where i thought bale looked like george clooney. I've always noticed it and thought it so i'm glad someone has also noticed it and pointed it out.
Just my two cents.

Hot Toys' market strategy is evolving in front of us. But I think the absence of a Bruce Wayne here is very telling. They probably have something up their sleeve.

This is just my gut talking, but I suspect that Hot Toys will offer a 2 in 1 sometime in 2010. Perhaps just this guy again but instead of the Sonar head it will come with different plug-in expressions, and the Wayne head and suit. Or maybe it will be a straight rerelease of the BB Batman but with the new eyes system/plug-in expressions and the Wayne bits. And if they do either of those, btw, I will seriously have an embarrassment of Batmans.

OR.. they just don't care about a Bruce Wayne figure.

Hi all, this is my first post on here, but i been checking out the site for a while, using it for advice n reviews etc. Just wanted to say i'm super stoked about this new batman. I have the hot toys original costume batman and was planning on getting the dark knight version at some point, i just wished it came with the sticky bomb gun. So this new version looks perfect. I cant wait.
I did also wanna point out that there's a shot in the interrogation scene in the dark knight where i thought bale looked like george clooney. I've always noticed it and thought it so i'm glad someone has also noticed it and pointed it out.
Just my two cents.

Welcome aboard.I too,recently joined the threads.

OFF Topic:I'm just curious.Hot Toys has the rights to comic Batman,right?(Cosbabies)Why don't they produce any 1/6 scale comic Batman figures?If anyone can answer this,thanks.

OR.. they just don't care about a Bruce Wayne figure.

That's kinda the point. I don't think they want to do a figure that's just a guy in a suit. That's why they did Tony Stark piecemeal while offering 4 Iron Mans and counting.

Welcome aboard.I too,recently joined the threads.

OFF Topic:I'm just curious.Hot Toys has the rights to comic Batman,right?(Cosbabies)Why don't they produce any 1/6 scale comic Batman figures?If anyone can answer this,thanks.

Thanks, :) Yeah i thought the same thing actually. I'm a big batman fan and i thought it'd be really cool to see a comic version of batman in 1/6th. Especially the old 1930's style. I loved that outift.

I also thought about their videogame masterpieces series and the versions in Batman:Arkham Asylum.

Yeah, i think that occured to me too, would be a great series to do i'm sure. Yet ANOTHER joker. Haha. But yeah, could be really cool if they do an Arkham Asylum Batman. I'd probably be up for that.

That's kinda the point. I don't think they want to do a figure that's just a guy in a suit. That's why they did Tony Stark piecemeal while offering 4 Iron Mans and counting.

No I mean they don't care as in they're happy with the two sculpts they've already put out and don't feel the need to make anymore.

Back