1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

but I am also going to hold off from selling the medi bats

I think that is a wise decision. From what I have seen, the Medi still has the most accurate body, however you cannot beat HT quality, so this is the one for me. But I am stil tempted to get the Medi now.

Another quick comparison showing how the chest armour still sticks out too much.

Looking at those new pics, I agree with you guys that they need to slim that chest down.
Hopefully they will correct this as its early days at the moment.
Looks excellent that figure.

Looking at those new pics, I agree with you guys that they need to slim that chest down.
Hopefully they will correct this as its early days at the moment.
Looks excellent that figure.

I really hope they do. It could turn this already excellent figure into a near perfect one in my eyes.

Hot Toys' market strategy is evolving in front of us. But I think the absence of a Bruce Wayne here is very telling. They probably have something up their sleeve.

This is just my gut talking, but I suspect that Hot Toys will offer a 2 in 1 sometime in 2010. Perhaps just this guy again but instead of the Sonar head it will come with different plug-in expressions, and the Wayne head and suit. <b>Or maybe it will be a straight rerelease of the BB Batman but with the new eyes system/plug-in expressions and the Wayne bits. And if they do either of those, btw, I will seriously have an embarrassment of Batmans.</b>

I guess for those that missed out on the rereleased Batman in the improved BB original suit would benefit from something like that, like me. Well, guess I'll have to swallow my tongue after swearing to myself I wouldn't break down for a Batman in the BB suit if HT truly ends up making another great piece. But then, there's plenty of time to get money together and plenty of space in my detolf for it.

I know that this is already a great figure and some may not agree with me but we really ought to start complaining about the body because althought it is improved from version 1 it is not good enough for 200 dollars I don't care what acessories they throw in. If medi can do it so can hot toys.

I know that this is already a great figure and some may not agree with me but we really ought to start complaining about the body because althought it is improved from version 1 it is not good enough for 200 dollars I don't care what acessories they throw in. If medi can do it so can hot toys.

Then let's open the thread(or continue from one we started) for suggestions on improving DX Batman. We've got 5-6 months to get Hot Toys to make it just right.

Good idea. I have bumped the suggestions thread with a suggestion and two quick comparison pics, which I wil forward to HT via FB again. :D

All the shots are clearly pre-production so I'll reserve my slagging of its inaccuracies for when I have the final product, I've pre ordered it already.

I keep seeing people say how spot on the Medi-bats is but from what I have seen in pics it's even chestier than the original Hot Toys bats. Some pics grabbed from Flickr.

3505019866_18d9a028d0_o.jpg

3505019734_f0403d7b29_o.jpg

3504207785_2d4cf81f53_o.jpg

Not saying the DX couldn't be better with a closer fitting chest (I do agree that it could) but the Medicom chest isn't any better. The shape is all wrong and it sticks way out, almost comically so. Mostly I do agree the Medi looks a lot better than the original HT but the chest always bugged me.

Pre-ordered this guy, though from the pics I still prefer Medi's suit, if only the upper torso area. The headsculpts are phenomenal, and the accessories make the figure. Can't wait to get it.

I keep seeing people say how spot on the Medi-bats is but from what I have seen in pics it's even chestier than the original Hot Toys bats. Some pics grabbed from Flickr.

3505019866_18d9a028d0_o.jpg

3505019734_f0403d7b29_o.jpg

3504207785_2d4cf81f53_o.jpg

Not saying the DX couldn't be better with a closer fitting chest (I do agree that it could) but the Medicom chest isn't any better. The shape is all wrong and it sticks way out, almost comically so. Mostly I do agree the Medi looks a lot better than the original HT but the chest always bugged me.

medibale4.jpg

l_88cb92350a629a08bd2a4363d2c88ddf.jpg

It sticks out a little bit more than it should, sure, but I can't see how it's comical.

Whilst the chest sticks out from the torso a little more on the Medi, it is still more flush to the body, (as it should be), than the HT, which altogether sticks out way too far.

It's not only the chest, even his arms are soo thick and has not really human form, i don't know how to describe it. The shape of the hands from the medi figure, is so well done and it looks really like a person. Hot Toys' shape of the arms are too thick and like two straight lines. I don't know if someone understands what i mean with that, but this pic should explain what I mean:

htmedi.png

They actually look segmented instead of having a natural flow.

mh, you might be right, but it still looks so weird when i look at those HT pics. I think they have just to rework their gauntlets... or just slim the whole body :D

The Medi has a very bulbous chest. It's very round in shape. Snake Eater I totally don't understand what you mean. Do you mean the there's a gap between the chest and the rest of the torso?

All the shots are clearly pre-production so I'll reserve my slagging of its inaccuracies for when I have the final product, I've pre ordered it already.

Exactly but thats not gonna stop the complaining though. If its not Christian Bale miniaturized to 1/6 scale its not worthy of getting. :rolleyes: Bottom line is, its not the final product.

The Medi has a very bulbous chest. It's very round in shape. Snake Eater I totally don't understand what you mean. Do you mean the there's a gap between the chest and the rest of the torso?

The distance from cowl to external chest on HT is FAR too large, compared to the accurate Medi. Although the chest on the Medi extends from the torso more, it is more accurate as a whole.

Back