1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Well, it seems HT is off vacation: They posted an apology on their Facebook page and I received a personal email assuring me that the next batch (second batch) will be free of defects and that they have fixed the problems. I guess I will take their word for it at the moment and we will see if it has any effect on my Batman DX arriving any later than late January.

Is it me or is his magnetic belt a real SOB to fit?I ve got it on but wo nt be changing it in a hurry!

For some reason I think I'm the exact opposite of many people here: I plan on NOT using the sonar head and I don't want to use the magnetic belt; I just plan on using the PERS head and the utility belt with all the pouches on it. And I have no use for that backpack thing; I just hope the cape fits on him well and I don't have to Jerry rig it.

I will probably take a few pictures with the sonar head on but then it goes back in the box. That wasn't really the selling point to me. Also, it sounds like the sonar head was the warped head for most people so that works in my favor even if they didn't fix the head; but it sounds like HT did fix it.

Well, here's to hoping!

Both belts are magnetic...I use the one with the pouches as well & it does have magnets...you can see them from the backside. You might want to try & snap the catches closed a couple of times to loosen up the holes to make it easier to attach once you try to put it on the figure itself.

Both belts are magnetic...I use the one with the pouches as well & it does have magnets...you can see them from the backside. You might want to try & snap the catches closed a couple of times to loosen up the holes to make it easier to attach once you try to put it on the figure itself.

Oh okay, thanks! Do you mean the holes for the attachment of the cape? I was wondering how the cape is attached...I haven't dealt with a Batman cape yet and it sounds like it's difficult.

Do you honestly think "hundreds" of warped heads made it into the marketplace? Personally, I have a hard time believing that. Think about the photographic evidence we've seen so far. I think it's been one, maybe two warped heads in this thread, and no member here has experienced any paint peeling if I remember correctly, it's been the same couple of shots repeated over & over.

I think to a large degree the severity of these problems has been blown out of proportion.

I have yet to see a single pic of a sonar head not warped. Seeing one would put me at ease...could you post pics of yours?

Oh okay, thanks! Do you mean the holes for the attachment of the cape? I was wondering how the cape is attached...I haven't dealt with a Batman cape yet and it sounds like it's difficult.

No, the belt holes. Cape attachment seemed much easier this time around.

I have yet to see a single pic of a sonar head not warped. Seeing one would put me at ease...could you post pics of yours?

Already have (along with serveral other photos on the previous page):

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2203991&postcount=4021

The cowl seems pretty darn straight to me. The sonar lenses seem a bit offset (the right one is higher than the left) but the head seems fine. Nitpickers will argue as they always do, but remember that these photos are hugely magnified, and the angle of the camera/ subject is never straight on, plus the head is turned & tilted slightly.

I just received my Dx from Q. I don't have a warped sonar sculpt or chiped paint :banana

I was underwhelmed by the Dx Joker (nice figure but kinda blah). I am very impressed by the Dx Batman. Every figure I get surpasses the one before it. HT well done :clap

Man, I hope Toys2 is just in the dark and one day he just shows up soon and I get a shipping notice out of the blue.

I know I'm dreaming :lol

Man, I hope Toys2 is just in the dark and one day he just shows up soon and I get a shipping notice out of the blue.

I know I'm dreaming :lol

im right with you bud. I am hopeful that they will get him in VERY soon

I just received my Dx from Q. I don't have a warped sonar sculpt or chiped paint :banana

I was underwhelmed by the Dx Joker (nice figure but kinda blah). I am very impressed by the Dx Batman. Every figure I get surpasses the one before it. HT well done :clap

Is it safe to say that the QC isn't what we thought it was and it hasn't affected them all like we thought.

The 12 I received last week were all inspected prior to shipping.... All were perfect and had no flaws!

Is it safe to say that the QC isn't what we thought it was and it hasn't affected them all like we thought.

I think in the end, the QC issues will be mostly concetrated at the initial HK/Toy Hunters wave and it being pushed to release sooner than it should have been and the QC issues will be caused by rush moret han defective elements in the production process.

I wouldn't speculate on the QC, I know mine is fine. I would take from this not all the early versions had problems. Besides I asked Q to look at it before I paid which he did. No problems and I paid.

Back