1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Shouldn't be a big delay if they solve the paint problem along the way, all they really have to do is replace the head. I don't think this will delay the DC shipment in May. At least I Hope not!

Oh well, "Happy Pony" is on... and I never miss "Happy Pony". :lol

This is bad form. Regardless if it makes a recall. It should never have been rushed and released like this.

All rushing does is creates mistakes therefor costs more money for the company trying to make a lot on a quick release. Then nothing was gained. Apart from a bad rep. This QC problem seems to be happening more and more these days.

This is bad form. Regardless if it makes a recall. It should never have been rushed and released like this.

All rushing does is creates mistakes therefor costs more money for the company trying to make a lot on a quick release. Then nothing was gained. Apart from a bad rep. This QC problem seems to be happening more and more these days.

Other than DX Batman and John Connor, which other HT products are you speaking of?

This is a company dealing with a lot of hand handled items, hand painted heads etc, not just giant machines, so I would suspect human error should be a bit higher.

Aside from John Connor which was an all out QC issue that should have been caught by the paint supervisors, I agree with Wor, that these probably were just packaged too fast with not enough time to cool.

I know all the Hot Toys RoboCop figure versions had QC problems with the head yet, did not seem to see many kick up a stink about it.

I totally agree with you. This is a too rushed release I was surprised they were going to release this before christmas, and I thought what the hell, bought it 3 days after release. I forgot about the possibility that there could be flaws with the first batch and why they are released to sudden.

Other than DX Batman and John Connor, which other HT products are you speaking of?

I can understand people's frustration to a point. HT released (approximately) 40 1:6 scale figures last year with 2 recalls. Equates to 5% of their product being recalled which is relatively high. I don't know about their other products but if I recall correctly Tumbler had issues as well.

I am expecting my Deluxe version soon unless it was caught and recalled. I don't have a issue as long as the final product is fixed which HT seems to honor. Guess I'll wait and see.

Very good point retaane and i was thinking the same thing - out here in the UK humidity is not a problem. In Karachi, Pakistan, where i'm from, there's nearly 100% humidity and maintaining things like these is near impossible. My guitars are always going out of tune and losing their shine real quick in Karachi - whereas in the UK they stay in good condition forever really

Very good point retaane and i was thinking the same thing - out here in the UK humidity is not a problem. In Karachi, Pakistan, where i'm from, there's nearly 100% humidity and maintaining things like these is near impossible. My guitars are always going out of tune and losing their shine real quick in Karachi - whereas in the UK they stay in good condition forever really

i always thort the PERS on my joker was affected by the cold english weather. innuendo time - wen i started twisting his stick it was really stiff and i cud tell i was gonna snap it if i played with it too hard. once the figure had got used to the room temp in my house, his stick action was a lot smoother

i always thort the PERS on my joker was affected by the cold english weather. innuendo time - wen i started twisting his stick it was really stiff and i cud tell i was gonna snap it if i played with it too hard. once the figure had got used to the room temp in my house, his stick action was a lot smoother

That is one of the most disturbing posts I have ever read...:lol:rotfl:lol

Heh, vaseline? no seriously. Some form of lube helps to make it maneuver easily.

:horror :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

i'm bettin that within HTs, there a quite a few people pissed off at the person who suggested that the DX bats be released early in time for Xmas. this incident has caused HTs a LOT of money.

hopefully HTs won't repeat the same mistake by rushing their products out.

DX02 Batman Part 1

Mine arrived today:
DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

Last edited:
DX02 Batman Part 2

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

No real signs of paint peeling and the sonar head seems pretty straight as well....no complaints here (I won't use that one anyway). I really only have a couple of nitpics....the cape had almost a dozen loose threads hanging from the edge/ seam....c'mon, man! Be aware that close ups make the cape seem to have a towel-like texture, but rest assured it's much more like a thin hanky. Also, it seems the knee pads don't quite line up with the knee joints, as if whoever put it together didn't put much effort into doing so....maybe people were twisting the pants around to get it to line up and caused some of the noted paint rub. I suppose the proper way to fix it would be to pop off the boots & realign the pants properly, but I'm not going to worry about it right now. The arms seem to be a bit more restricted in terms of the ability to get better punching poses as well...and yes, Matilda, the elbow pads are located on the elbows, thank you very much! ;) You can see the improvements in accuracy, design & proportions in the last two pics. All in all, I'm relieved to have the good fortune to get a nice one without the noted flaws, and I'm very happy with the results. "Beautiful, isn't it?" :cool:

Last edited:

Head looks fine on yours too, maybe you lucked out.

This picture highlights another thing I'm liking on the DX, the legs look more even from thighs to calve, instead of big, thick thighs with tiny calves looking all he-manish.

DSCN0028.jpg

The DX really does look like an average build man in the suit.

Yep, you got a real beauty there karnis. Congrats! :blackbat

Maybe it's me but do the sonar eyes (eyelids) seem asymmetrical to you?

Yep, you got a real beauty there karnis. Congrats! :blackbat

Maybe it's me but do the sonar eyes (eyelids) seem asymmetrical to you?

Maybe just a hair, and I tend to think that it may be the lenses inside the cowl as opposed to the cowl itself...the bags under the eyes are pretty damn close, and really only noticeable under the extreme magnifcation of the photo. In hand & on display I tend to think it's a complete non issue.

Unless of course that's really Alfred E. Neuman under that cowl!

3218_a_full.jpg

Back