1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Unless I'm missing it. Has HT even addressed the head in any of their responses? Or has it all been about peeling issues?

There responses have been more generic so far so not addressing any specific issues from what I have read so far.

Oh and the Sonar head I will be posing it for sure. have to look for some generic SWAT figures somehow :p

There responses have been more generic so far so not addressing any specific issues from what I have read so far.

Oh and the Sonar head I will be posing it for sure. have to look for some generic SWAT figures somehow :p

True. I wonder has anyone been complaing about the head on their facebook as well?

I just got an email from a dealer on ebay saying that HT is likely going to recall this figure like they did with John Connor and that later shipments maybe delayed as a result.

I would have expected them to do it with that much uproar over on the FB page. It is a marketing nightmare and only an actual recall would calm these people down as they are obviously doing everything they can to push for this move

True. I wonder has anyone been complaing about the head on their facebook as well?

I just did - and I'm not surprised that later figures will be delayed - better safe than sorry.

picture939.jpg

picture944.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

That stuff is significant, but the photo I was referring to in that quote was this one, and it's minor, almost unnoticable things.

19737_228244471306_592211306_3604173_3876387_n.jpg

Dear Lord, this figure has more problems than Britney Spears....

I just got an email from a dealer on ebay saying that HT is likely going to recall this figure like they did with John Connor and that later shipments maybe delayed as a result.

How long do recalls/delays usually take with these types of defects? I mean, if I was to get my Batman DX02 at the end of January, what would I NOW be looking at? Late February? Late March?

I wonder about two scenarios
1) would you keep your existing flawed bat if they give you a GC of $100 to get another good one?
2) would you buy a flawed one for 50% off? (I think the PERS head and sticky gun alone will fetch that price)
But then I must assume HT rather takes it all back and destroys the faulty parts and maybe reuse the good ones for RMA. Yeah that HK$1150 is attractive price indeed!!!!

How long do recalls/delays usually take with these types of defects? I mean, if I was to get my Batman DX02 at the end of January, what would I NOW be looking at? Late February? Late March?

I have no idea, with John Connor it was ultra fast. I think the idea is they just correct what they are still producing/manufacturing right now, and then recall and replace anything already out with the corrected versions.

But with Connor it was just a simple paint issue, this maybe more complicated.

Almost seems as if the rubber melted or something

More likely it hadn't cooled and hardened before they crammed it into the box.

I would guess something in molding or whatever, the fact that it's always the left side and a fairly consistent problem suggests somewhere, something to do with the left side got screwed up, if it was putting it in the box, I'd think the problem could be anywhere on the head.

Depends on what HT acknowledges as flawed and to what extent it has to be dealt with. If they just redo heads, could be just a month, maybe two, if they agree to redoing the heads and the suits, could be more extensive a delay since basically, you'd have to do the whole figure over almost.

Ouch!! so many problems. Got to check with these issues once I recieve the figure tomorrow or the weekend. Not looking good at all.

I think it is safe to assume the possibility that all current DX Batman units out there as of this moment is affected by one problem or another. I'm not saying that there isn't a few here and there that might not have the paint peeling issue, but the warped cowl seems like a defect that could encompass all of the units out.

This is really unfortunate. To think we were all so happy and excited to hear how early this thing was being released.

Still, I expect HT to handle this with their usual professionalism. So, there will be a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I was excited, but at the same time, nervous. It amazed me how quick Marcus Wright shipped, especially with a resculpt, this Batman coming out so fast seemed odd, but Marcus came out fine, so it does make you wonder what went wrong with Batman.

Perhaps HT's finally grown too big to be problem free with production, need to slow down, less factories, something, that's 2 figures within about 3 months that needed a recall, or at least are getting them, I'm sure people can think of other figures that should have been dealt with like this in the past.

My sonar head looks exactly the same as above - but i'm curious as to whether anyone else is having the same problem with the PERs head - some extra material showing off one side of the head, anyone? Will post pics as soon as i can

I would guess something in molding or whatever, the fact that it's always the left side and a fairly consistent problem suggests somewhere, something to do with the left side got screwed up, if it was putting it in the box, I'd think the problem could be anywhere on the head.

Looks to me, judging primarily by that pic of the 'pressed in' rubber behind the back, that these things need a certain amount of time to cool/harden whatever. Some problems might be how they are gripped by the machines, or how they are held during assembly, or something like that. But clearly the issues seem to be related to 'soft material' not being fully cured.

Anyway, just a guess. Whatever it is, good news is they are willing to fix it.

Back