1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I actually liked the introduction of the suit in Batman Begins as starting out as a military survival suit showing the potential "purpose" of the sculpting of the suit. In all other previous Batman movies I felt they just made everything for the purpose of the look. I guess maybe thats why I like the current two movies actually better and love TDK (my most fav movie actually :p) I certainly feel the BB and TDK suit are designed due to the R&D and not esthetics making it a lot more believable to me :p

I agree. I liked it because of its simplicity and it was closest to the comic book costume. Unfortunately, some people thought it had a "gay-boy" look. Another reason why we'll never get to see that same design for future Batfilms is because production/costume designers will always strive to come up with their original designs because they don't want to be accused of copying other people's work.

Yeah this I totally agree with. Leads to what I tend to call "over designing" which is what gives you things like... the Dark Knight suit imo.

Yes. I believe crow posted some pics many pages back .............. the backpack and the sculpts all fit.

Thats awesome, so I could put the Pers head and Backpack with stickygun on a regular and the Dx could still have the cape and sonar?

Never thought of that...makes a lot of sense actually.

000468.jpg

Now no one can hate on the Shoe maker's Bat-nipples again!

Damn Straight!

The TDK suit design doesn't lend well to a 1/6 figure compared to the BB suit (except for maybe the neck), which was in in effect a single piece body suit.

I'm not surprised that none of the current 1/6 figure producers attempted to go for complete accuracy and attempt rubber pieces layered over a fabric undersuit (except for DCD, and you can see how that turned out).

Still, I like what HT and Medicom have done. And I like the suit design itself, for the most part. I think a lot of people overseas like it because it has that futuristic, cybernetic soldier look to it.

The TDK suit design doesn't lend well to a 1/6 figure compared to the BB suit, which was in in effect a single piece body suit.

I'm not surprised that none of the current 1/6 figure producers attempted to go for complete accuracy and attempt rubber pieces layered over a fabric undersuit (except for DCD, and you can see how that turned out).

I completely disagree. Yes, to do a 1:6 figure with the same construction as the full thing would be horrible, but I think the figure looks amazing! Even just the general design which the V1 captured. As a standalone (not tied to any specific movie) figure I'd buy it!

Damn straight! No need to dump my V1 anymore ............. hell if anything V1 sales will inrease now :D

Just wish I hadn't busted the leg on mine or I might try to sell it, nice to have it for my extra DX parts but for the right price I'd live with not having it.

9iw7qu.jpg

Love it. Not a great camera but you get the idea....looks so awesome with these two together on their dx stands. Now all we need is a DX truetype so we can get the stands for our other figures :)

I have a question for those who already have DX Batman:

Can his arms move forward?..I mean from the shoulders

I ask this because I've only seen pictures with the arms down :confused:

With all the fears over the suit, I imagine not many people want to risk elevating the arms at the shoulders :lol

Yes

his arms move forward and up but not the range that was in the Medi I had
its the nature of this costume design

I didnt want to push it more than this as I was getting some resistance, and I decided long ago that too much futzing on the first day was just asking for trouble (I've learned the hard way a few times :eek: ). The shoulder pads feel a bit more restrictive on the DX.

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

Last edited:

Even on the v1, I found that to really elevate the arms took manipulation of the pads and cautious movement of the arm to make sure not to rip the suit, could get some great poses but it took some time, and I'd only do it for short photos, I'd never leave it on the shelf longterm like that, it'd either rip or stretch and then he'd have old man batwing arms :lol

Back