Statue Mezco: Static-6 Conan the Cimmerian (1:6 Statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Can't find anything on Instagram or YouTube yet. You've got a golden ticket, Joda!
And doesn't it just figure that the first person to get it would be disabled? šŸ˜… I really can't believe that I wasn't able to find any pics anywhere either. So many people will just about kill themselves to be the first to review something, and then... there's me. šŸ˜ (I guess living in WA State finally pays off? )

Just got mine this morning. Surprisingly heavy piece, mostly due to the base.

Let's get the griping out of the way:

- the left leg has the slightest bit of wobble where it fits into the boot
- loincloth feels cheap, thin and somewhat crispy
- the snow could be better painted, especially since everything else is done so well
- weapon blades are a bit underwhelming, I would've liked to see the same metallic quality his belt has (but this can easily be repainted)
- my right boot cuff has what appears to be some paint scrapage, doesn't seem like foam ruboff (this I may actually contact Mezco about, see if they can send me a simple base exchange as there's no ES on these)

Other than that, very cool piece. Great paintjob, close to proto, seams are even less noticeable than before. Lots of looks to customize as well. I wish his chest harness would be made of a softer plastic -- I keep worrying I'll accidentally scrape off his nipple when putting it on -- but with some care and patience you should be able to swap things around whenever you like.

All in all, I'm very happy to have a straightforward Frazetta Conan in my collection and the switch-outs are a huge benefit to keeping things fresh. Would be nice if they made him even bigger, but at 1/6, maybe we'll have room for some companions?

Crappy phone pics to follow; I'll do a nicer shoot later in the day.

PXL_20211223_155853352.jpg

PXL_20211223_160207446.jpg

PXL_20211223_162337006.jpg
PXL_20211223_162402762.jpg
PXL_20211223_162803356.jpg

PXL_20211223_165835680.jpg

PXL_20211223_163354716.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, man! Now I know what to expect when I get around to mine. :LOL:

First pics. Congrats!

how tall is it? Is it 12ā€ or 15ā€. Looks to be a smaller than 1/6.

what is the statue made of? Plastic PVC or resin?

First pics. Congrats!

how tall is it? Is it 12ā€ or 15ā€. Looks to be a smaller than 1/6.

what is the statue made of? Plastic PVC or resin?
Just under 12" to the top of the head. If he's welding an axe or sword, a bit taller than 12. I do think he's 1/6 though, his stance is pretty wide.

Conan, axe, shield, and base are made of resin, but the belt, harness, scabbard, swords, dagger, and necklace are plastic.

Might try replacing the loincloth (which is a separate, removable piece) with something more realistic. There's a spot on his right thigh where the belt completely covers the cloth, great place for customizers to hide a seam. On that note, there's a lot of room for mods on this, many non-destructive.

Last edited:
Mezco got back to me already, said they'll send a replacement base and a prepaid label so I can send back the original.

Warms my heart that they're new enough to the statue game to still care about things like this.

Mezco got back to me already, said they'll send a replacement base and a prepaid label so I can send back the original.

Warms my heart that they're new enough to the statue game to still care about things like this.
Wow. That is really nice. (Though it sucks that it's the heaviest piece with the problem.) I'm hoping this line really takes off for them - I want to see that Predator Statue realized... šŸ¤¤

Was on the truck to be delivered today, now delayed... hopefully by tomorrow.

It looks great, I have to wonder if they'll do more in this line.
Manageable size without breaking the bank.

Okay, you're not the only one...

IMG_0587.jpg

Please tell me they'll send the replacement first, and I can just send this one back in the same box? šŸ˜³

Oh, bummer. Yeah, that's what it sounded like.

Wonder what causes this problem. I noticed the boot cuffs are actually made of a soft plastic, so maybe that's residue of some sort? Or paint that came off when wet?

Oh, bummer. Yeah, that's what it sounded like.

Wonder what causes this problem. I noticed the boot cuffs are actually made of a soft plastic, so maybe that's residue of some sort? Or paint that came off when wet?
Some of it was actually styrofoam, because I was able to "peel" it off. It's almost as if the base was inserted without being bagged first, and then they realized the error, pulled all the bases out, bagged them, and then re-inserted. I can't fathom how else styrofoam got through the bag any other way... I sent Mezco an email, but I almost just want to touch it up with a little grey primer... It almost looks like snow, and - jeez. Mailing this thing back? What a pain in the ass.

Some of it was actually styrofoam, because I was able to "peel" it off. It's almost as if the base was inserted without being bagged first, and then they realized the error, pulled all the bases out, bagged them, and then re-inserted. I can't fathom how else styrofoam got through the bag any other way... I sent Mezco an email, but I almost just want to touch it up with a little grey primer... It almost looks like snow, and - jeez. Mailing this thing back? What a pain in the ass.
If the label is prepaid, it would be a simple drop-off. My issue with the base is that the left leg also wobbles in its boot. No matter how I insert the legs, that spot is always a bit unstable. Doesn't affect display at all, but it feels haphazard when moving the entire statue from the base.

I figure a base exchange would solve at least one of those problems.

Gotcha. Maybe my paint rub isn't so bad by comparison... *Eyes his bottle of Vallejo Black Primer*

And as an aside: Thoughts on putting this 8.5 pound statue in a Detolf? It seems like it's right on the edge of the weight limit, which makes me more than a little nervous...

Last edited:
What do people use for the usual 1:4 and 1:3 statues? Those usually weigh more (unless the dim weights on the Sideshow site are all out of wack).

What do people use for the usual 1:4 and 1:3 statues? Those usually weigh more (unless the dim weights on the Sideshow site are all out of wack).
I'm not sure. I'm using a Detolf because I can't afford those more insanely priced statues. :LOL: I've never had the problem of having something so heavy before.

IMG_0592.jpg

The loincloth is plastic or faux leather? Looks very rigid whatever it is. I see he comes in so many pieces. How big is the box, and how delicate does it feel putting everything together? At any point did you think something might break or is it a pretty easy painless build? From one disabled to another :D

Last edited:
Back