Queen Studios: Iron Man Mark 7 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Queen Studios Collectibles said:
6-Day Countdown to Shanghai Wonder Festival 2023!
With just one week to go, our excitement is through the roof as we unveil our latest addition to Wonder Festival 2023 - the spectacular Iron Man Mark 7 1/3 Statue (Regular Edition).

Prepare to be absolutely mesmerized by the incredible craftsmanship and intricate details, all on full display at our booth in Hall E3 - Booth A38. For those who can't make it to Wonder Festival in person, fret not; we've got a treasure trove of exclusive on-site images lined up for you on our social media accounts.

Think you can guess what's coming up next in our dazzling lineup? Don't hesitate to share your predictions in the comments below.

Get ready for an unforgettable Wonder Festival experience with Queen Studios!

YzMlcZ1.jpg

Looks really good from what we can see. If this is the regular Edition, I wonder what the exclusive will be? Battle Damage?

I hope this means they can do a 1/3 Captain America too, though I wouldn't want an A1 Cap.

How many times will I have to beg for a 6 and 46 before we see it? Lol. Looking good, but now I'm torn about what I should be collecting. 1/3 was always that sweet spot for me, but I didn't think a couple years ago I'd see Queen doing it.

It took an astonishing long time for a major company to deliver MCU pieces in 1/3 scale. As many 1/3 DCEU pieces as Prime 1 pumps out I really don’t understand what happened on the MCU side of things. Now, after the MCU has lost momentum, we get this. It looks great and I’ll gladly buy this, Cap and Thor. Years ago I would have bought everyone.

It took an astonishing long time for a major company to deliver MCU pieces in 1/3 scale. As many 1/3 DCEU pieces as Prime 1 pumps out I really don’t understand what happened on the MCU side of things. Now, after the MCU has lost momentum, we get this. It looks great and I’ll gladly buy this, Cap and Thor. Years ago I would have bought everyone.
Yeah I'm assuming they're doing the same display that Iron Studios recently did (in 1/10) of them all standing together during Avengers. It's a great scene, but if they do go for that I think I'd only want Hulk and Iron Man. Thor looks okay in that movie but I prefer him in Ragnarok and Cap's outfit looks pretty goofy.

I do wish they'd give us an idea of what their "plan" is, similar to how they did when they showcased the 1/4 Iron Man and Hulkbuster pieces. It makes it a bit easier knowing what to anticipate from a line/where money should be spent in the hobby.

I love the BD version but I'm not dropping $2k for a 1/3. If Prime 1 can do Endoskeleton for $1,699 then Queen has lost their minds. No switch outs, so these statues don't deserve comparison to the DLX edition. I suppose they're trying to cater to that niche of elite tier collectors only with this line. Before, Queen used to be the affordable option.

I love the BD version but I'm not dropping $2k for a 1/3. If Prime 1 can do Endoskeleton for $1,699 then Queen has lost their minds. No switch outs, so these statues don't deserve comparison to the DLX edition. I suppose they're trying to cater to that niche of elite tier collectors only with this line. Before, Queen used to be the affordable option.
true. They probably see JND stuff selling out at the $2k+ mark for 1/3 and are now pricing up.

Though, I think Prime1 is also crazy for charging $2k+ for their 1/4 Snape even if it's supposedly handpainted by the artist(s) involved.

Last edited:
Yeah that BD is amazing. In terms of the price, if the end product looks like that, I'd say its worth it. That's not a guarantee though

Re pricing, it’s definitely a fine line…$2k is squarely into the 1:2 scale arena. I paid $2k for my Sideshow 1:2 scale Mark 7 (albeit that was a hundred years ago AND let’s not forget about inflation). However, the battle damaged piece here is pretty intricate, and those bases are legit. Some other $1800 1:3 scale pieces have basic squares for a base, like the Prime 1/Blitzway Endoskeleton, or the re-release Prime 1 Alien Big Chap. This Iron Man has a huge light-up base that looks pretty amazing. So maybe just shy of $2k isn’t that outrageous after all.

I'm surprised more collectors don't think this price is ridiculous. And when you factor in shipping, it's certainly well over $2k. If you get it via SF, the BD is $2,200 for full pay. If you get it from Queen, you're guaranteed to pay more than what SF is charging for shipping.

My thing with Queen is that I'm not sure I can trust what the final product will scale like. I preordered the 1/2 Mark 50 and when Art reviewed it, it came in 3 inches smaller than its advertised size. It's smaller than the 1/2 EG Cap. Makes no sense. So many people complained about the paint job on the 1/4 Mark 7 and now some of those people are jumping on this anyway. The clean 1/3 is using the same paint that people were so vocally dissatisfied with last go around. I suppose it's the lack of guarantee that makes me feel the price isn't justified.

To give you all a different perspective on scale, my 1:2 scale Mark 7 is 39 & 3/4 inches from the bottom of the base to the top of his head. This new 1:3 scale Mark 7 is 35 inches from bottom of the base to the tip of the head, which means the head of the 1:3 scale would come to just under the chin of the 1:2 scale. This will be a large piece/have good presence.

To give you all a different perspective on scale, my 1:2 scale Mark 7 is 39 & 3/4 inches from the bottom of the base to the top of his head. This new 1:3 scale Mark 7 is 35 inches from bottom of the base to the tip of the head, which means the head of the 1:3 scale would come to just under the chin of the 1:2 scale. This will be a large piece/have good presence.

Still not computing. I think I need to see this side by side to other known statues to really understand the size of it.

Back