Statue Mezco: Static-6 Conan the Cimmerian (1:6 Statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an awesome statue!

Attachments

• 1643072784398919673519.jpg
    1643072784398919673519.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 1643072811859-94006087.jpg
    1643072811859-94006087.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 164307283334179480540.jpg
    164307283334179480540.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 45
It is, I haven't been this enthusiastic about a statue in a while. Restores my faith the hobby is still worth it.. :lol
If this is what $225 can get you from Mezco, it really makes you wonder where the production budgets for other statues go.

Maybe licensing is what's inflating collectible costs and Conan happens to be a cheap property? Heck, if that's the case, I hope more companies pursue it.

If this is what $225 can get you from Mezco, it really makes you wonder where the production budgets for other statues go.

Maybe licensing is what's inflating collectible costs and Conan happens to be a cheap property? Heck, if that's the case, I hope more companies pursue it.
I always got the impression that Conan was difficult to license, but I'm not really sure why. I feel like there's multiple parties that have to be approached and it's not quite as 'clean' as some more prominent Pop Culture properties. (Say that three times fast. :LOL:) But yes. More Conan, please. I still want more variations from Mezco alone.

Got my replacement base and switched it out. It's still cold from delivery, but I couldn't wait to just get it done and over with. I'm a little worried about the fact that I didn't let it "acclimate" to inside temperatures before switch-out, but I'm sure it's fine. (I never said I wasn't neurotic. :LOL:) I don't think a solid base is going to do any expanding or contracting anyway, and the fit was perfect. Now there's just the pain in the ass of having to drive 30 minutes to a FedEx drop-off facility. :rolleyes:

Hope yours is as equally smooth, Blade3327!

Got my replacement base and switched it out. It's still cold from delivery, but I couldn't wait to just get it done and over with. I'm a little worried about the fact that I didn't let it "acclimate" to inside temperatures before switch-out, but I'm sure it's fine. (I never said I wasn't neurotic. :LOL:) I don't think a solid base is going to do any expanding or contracting anyway, and the fit was perfect. Now there's just the pain in the ass of having to drive 30 minutes to a FedEx drop-off facility. :rolleyes:

:duff Glad to hear you got yours safely! Mine arrived yesterday. Not only are the cuffs pristine, but the legs no longer wobble in the boots!

I'm new to collecting statues and I totally forgot the tip about letting them adjust before displaying!

Well it's been more than a week now, so it doesn't matter at this point, but what adverse effect would it cause?

I'm new to collecting statues and I totally forgot the tip about letting them adjust before displaying!

Well it's been more than a week now, so it doesn't matter at this point, but what adverse effect would it cause?
Well, certain materials can expand and contract when heated or cooled, that's all. It'd be infinitesimal, but sometimes things aren't engineered that well in regards to tolerances. As I mentioned before, a single piece base probably won't give me any problems. (It hasn't yet.)

This thing is freaking awesome, I SO hope that Mezco does more in this line.

Mezco Conan.4  1.29.22.jpg

Mezco Conan.3  1.29.22.jpg

Mezco Conan.2  1.29.22.jpg

Mezco Conan.1  1.29.22.jpg

I may try a test on one of the non-weapon left hands using some semi-gloss spray to get more of a better skin "sheen" like the proto.

They way this is assembled, as long as it looks good, should not be to difficult to do.

Mine finally arrived ... has been sitting in BBTS Pile of Loot for a few months.
Thought I was long since done with statues but for Conan I made an exception.
Honestly, I don't remember unboxing and setup ever being this fun before. So many mix and match options. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend.

A Tarzan to go with this would be be awesome.

Back