Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel that Civil War would have to be included as far as lost story elements go. The introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther are big for the continuing narrative, and the fracturing of the team shapes a lot of what comes later.

I really do like the First Cap story. It's old school but solid. Fun villain. Great set-pieces. Great climax. It's a better story overall than the first Iron Man.
As a proud American, it is sad to see that Thor did better both foreign and domestically. Might explain some things now actually.

I feel that Civil War would have to be included as far as lost story elements go. The introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther are big for the continuing narrative, and the fracturing of the team shapes a lot of what comes later.

That is the one movie that has alot of story. I just didn't enjoy it. Took forever to get moving. The premise -- superheroes fighting each other -- never works when you pull punches. The villain was underused. I might have felt different if they got to that ice lab and the 6 super-soldiers were waiting for them. I desperately needed some good old fashion villain-vs-hero action.

Anyway, I think Steve and Tony's bickering from the get-go is pretty well established throughout.

That is the one movie that has alot of story. I just didn't enjoy it. Took forever to get moving. The premise -- superheroes fighting each other -- never works when you pull punches. The villain was underused. I might have felt different if they got to that ice lab and the 6 super-soldiers were waiting for them. I desperately needed some good old fashion villain-vs-hero action.

Anyway, I think Steve and Tony's bickering from the get-go is pretty well established throughout.

Yup ... I know that you're not a big fan of the movie, and per your comments above, I can see why.
As for the bolded part of your reply, a lot of that started to amp up in Age of Ultron, which you're also leaving off your list. No issue with you excluding either AOU or Civil War, but one (or both) do shape the overall story of the Infinity Saga. Forget Steve and Peggy or Tony and Pepper. The most important relationship in the IS is Tony and Steve, so I'd argue to that point, the films are required from a story perspective.

I don't honestly see how this movie is better than Zack or Joss' Justice League. Marvel gets a pass. But if you look at IMDB or RT #'s, Joss and Eternals are not far apart. Zack wipes the floor w both of them.

I don't honestly see how this movie is better than Zack or Joss' Justice League. Marvel gets a pass. But if you look at IMDB or RT #'s, Joss and Eternals are not far apart. Zack wipes the floor w both of them.
Well, they’re just movies so if you think one is better than the other that’s fine. It’s all subjective anyway. I do question your “Marvel gets a pass” comment, as the timing is a bit odd given that Eternals received a “rotten” aggregate score from critics. Who gave them this pass? Can I get one? :lol

At least seems like the internet audience gives Marvel a pass. This should be getting BVS level of trashing.

I'm doing my part. :)
Die Eternals, die die!

mmg6pyqywv29.gif

Be the Rey Skywalker of the MCU.
That worked out about the same. Whenever I think about this movie and Phase Four so far, I feel like those guys from Office Space smashing that printer. Even the beatdown isn't even satisying cause it shouldn't have happened to begin with.

Oh forgot to say at the end the celestial being born got part of his hand and head out of the earth so now it is a tourist attraction. Sersi turned it to marble in the emergence. You would think the people of Earth would lose their **** after the numerous world ending events lol.

So in the span of three movies we went from everyone vs. Thanos to a partial birth abortion as a tourist attraction. Maybe it's time to take a break Feige.

Writer for this said the path is set for Eternals 2 to be a rescue mission. Got Pip Thena Druig Makkari on a ship w Eros knowing where Phastos Kingo Sersi are at w Arishem.

I figured all the celestials would be dead at this point like how Knowhere was shown as a celestial head. The celestials kind of remind me of that final scene of Men in Black where some monsters play w universes as marbles. Like too far removed from where we were enjoying things.

Back