Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll be super pissed....Flash and Mj (presumably) being (gasp) different.....there be hell to pay :)

Yeah lets make blade a Japanese guy and hire Louis Ozawa Changchien as blade. It will be great, just great.
I'm sure the blm groups will welcome that movie with open arms :lol

Yeah lets make blade a Japanese guy and hire Louis Ozawa Changchien as blade. It will be great, just great.
I'm sure the blm groups will welcome that movie with open arms :lol

I'll judge when I see how it turns out.....I haven't invested in comics for a long, long time so different doesn't bother me it may others. I mean Sue and Johnny didn't work in the last FF but others turned out ok.

I just want new characters.
They can cast the entire school and all the teachers with Hispanic and black actors if they want more diversity
Don't get any whites, that's ok. But why do they need to replace characters ..... I really don't get it.
Giving him a NEW love interest wouldn't be the worst thing to happen...

Who knows who she is playing, but I don't get why not just make a new person to be in that universe

They sure are going very diverse with this cast. I feel like a lot of purists are going to be pissed :lol

Tony Revolori Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ | Deadline
Revolori’s will play Peter Parker’s nemesis/enemy at high school, but isn’t a super villain.

Can't see this kid as Flash if he's supposed to be Flash

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Casts Laura Harrier From 'One Life to Live'
“One Life to Live” star Laura Harrier has landed a significant role in Sony and Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Significant, like MJ? Or Gwen? Who knows. I would prefer Zendaya to be MJ over this chick though (because she's prettier, imo)

The second link repeats the casting of Revolori, but this time says insiders state he'll be Peter's friend "Manuel". Which is probably a better fit than Flash Thompson.

Definitely a purist and I'd be pissed as hell.

Those characters have iconic features, definitely not something to be picked on and altered with race or gender. Like Crows said, come up with originality for a new character.

I love the buildup to a new appearance though. New suits, new footage, and RDJ is just awesome at marketing himself as Tony.

This year's SDCC will be awesome!

I would love if they fleshed out some film characters like Sharon Carter (or even Hawkeye) in Spideys movie. Nothing too big but a nice cameo would be neat.

But Keaton's now out... bummer.

wjqkM4v.jpg

Is this to be the new trend? None of the solo movies going forward are actually 'solo' movies in (what was once) the true sense of the word.

I don't mind it so much but I can understand how some might be pissed.

Honestly, I wish DC would start believing their own hype about the whole "filmmaker driven" approach, and, rather than build a cinematic universe, build a multiverse, and let people do what they want. The reason I bring it up in here, is because, if they went all-in with it, and had a Tim Burton directed Batman Beyond with Keaton, that'd be awesome as hell.

Sony needs box office insurance and are willing to pay for the RDJ premium, so why not I suppose :dunno Spider-Man can certainly stand on his own but if they're finally doing a Spidey film in the MCU, the thinking at the studio probably is, why not just have a big name to show up?

Obviously nothing's a guarantee in this biz, the film still needs to be quality. We all saw how much of a 'guarantee' Batman was in BvS :slap

Back