Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok... movie character does nothing... anyone even remembers what movies he is actually in? i know he is in capt america 2 and age of ultron, avengers 1, is that it?
did he do anything important or helped the team? no...

ok... movie character does nothing... anyone even remembers what movies he is actually in? i know he is in capt america 2 and age of ultron, avengers 1, is that it?

Iron Man 1 - Got the team together

IM 2 - Saved Tony's life

Capt 1 - gave bad news to Cap

Avengers - Shot plane down.

Capt 2 - Killed bad guy

Age of Ultron - Saved people

I'm not a fan of SLJ as Fury though.

I want Kurt Russell instead.

He was also in Iron Man 1 in the after credits scene and Iron Man 2. He was in the first Captain America movie at the end of it too. I think that's it.

Apparently Sony paid up and got Gwyneth Paltrow in the film to cameo as Pepper Potts. I could see Peter interning for Stark Industries or interacting with her in some way.

Her contract with Disney / Marvel is over and they were too cheap to bring her back

very surprising

I don't hate Downey / Stark, I find he adds little value anymore than the same old routine. If he enhances the story (Civil War) bring him on but if the same ole stickt I don't care for him. I'd rather they develop the kid playing Spider-Man versus making him IM sidekick. Maybe evolve their formula a little bit....Downey isn't going to be the go to guy forever.

Well they set up this Spiderman to have a relationship with Stark in Civil War. So it would make sense that Stark would be in his solo movie. Peter looks up to Tony as he's growing into becoming Spiderman (and has recently lost his father-figure), Tony discovers Peter just as he is further traumatized by his own parents deaths. It's pretty natural storytelling. :dunno

Well they set up this Spiderman to have a relationship with Stark in Civil War. So it would make sense that Stark would be in his solo movie. Peter looks up to Tony as he's growing into becoming Spiderman (and has recently lost his father-figure), Tony discovers Peter just as he is further traumatized by his own parents deaths. It's pretty natural storytelling. :dunno

:exactly:

I watched CW, I understand the progression of the story. I'd prefer them changing up the formula a bit by not including Stark in almost every film. The movie will be predictable taking some of the zeal away for me.

This is the first time Tony is in a film that isn't Avengers or IM related :dunno

Unless you count CW, but you kind of need IM to tell that story.

I guess it feels like he's in everything, but that's because there are 3 IM films and 2 Avenger movies, and he has to be in those films.

If he shows up in a Thor or GOTG film, then I would say it's too much.

plus having peter get a mentor is something we have never seen and it would be cool to see. no one else would work in that role (except maybe capt america)

could you see thor or black widow or hawkeye or useless nick fury having a one on one or mentoring peter?

Assumimg he must have a mentor, someone mentioned Fury / Shield. i could see possibilities but it's Stark soooooooooo no point addressing options. Folks enjoy Downey / Stark great....it's losing any appeal to me. Not certain what else I can say :dunno

I watched CW, I understand the progression of the story. I'd prefer them changing up the formula a bit by not including Stark in almost every film. The movie will be predictable taking some of the zeal away for me.

You said "if he adds something to the story." I think he does here. And, as crows said, this is changing up the formula - Spidey being mentored by another hero.

I'm not trying to argue - when the GOTG action figures came out and there was an Iron Man in the ML line I was a little worried that Iron Man was going to show up out of the blue to recruit the team. But I think this in this case it;'s exactly what you want from a shared universe. Natural relationship growth, characters showing up in each others' playgrounds.

No arguement from me.......CW showcased a different Stark especially after finding out about his parents murder. i know it's a small snippet and the film may expand it further but I did t see an evolution of Stark moreso resort back to AoU Stark (comedy). Ultimately, the film will decide but not sold on Stark atm. Spidey looked decent enough.

Assumimg he must have a mentor, someone mentioned Fury / Shield. i could see possibilities but it's Stark soooooooooo no point addressing options. Folks enjoy Downey / Stark great....it's losing any appeal to me. Not certain what else I can say :dunno

fury would be terrible. Peter wouldn't care of what he says. Fury wouldn't have the patience. too strict. Stark makes more sense because he actually puts his life on the line to save the world unlike Fury who just watches from the shadows

Apparently Sony paid up and got Gwyneth Paltrow in the film to cameo as Pepper Potts. I could see Peter interning for Stark Industries or interacting with her in some way.

Her contract with Disney / Marvel is over and they were too cheap to bring her back

Well there goes the last bit of plot that wasn't shown in the trailer. :lol

This is the first time Tony is in a film that isn't Avengers or IM related :dunno

Unless you count CW, but you kind of need IM to tell that story.

I guess it feels like he's in everything, but that's because there are 3 IM films and 2 Avenger movies, and he has to be in those films.

If he shows up in a Thor or GOTG film, then I would say it's too much.

Bingo!

plus having peter get a mentor is something we have never seen and it would be cool to see. no one else would work in that role (except maybe capt america)

could you see thor or black widow or hawkeye or useless nick fury having a one on one or mentoring peter?

Bingo!

You said "if he adds something to the story." I think he does here. And, as crows said, this is changing up the formula - Spidey being mentored by another hero.

I'm not trying to argue - when the GOTG action figures came out and there was an Iron Man in the ML line I was a little worried that Iron Man was going to show up out of the blue to recruit the team. But I think this in this case it's exactly what you want from a shared universe. Natural relationship growth, characters showing up in each others' playgrounds.

Shhhhhhh, you might make DiFabio nauseous.

Back