Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically they have a deal in place until after the Homecoming sequel. How is that backtracking? If anything, she seems terrified that she may have misspoken the terms. You don't worry about that when you're making a bold move.

Fake news.

So basically they have a deal in place until after the Homecoming sequel. How is that backtracking? If anything, she seems terrified that she may have misspoken the terms. You don't worry about that when you're making a bold move.

Fake news.

Nah, more like SONY made a deal they never should have made and one that they are now reminding people is limited.

Lol, no he won't. As soon as they see how much this movie and it's sequel will bank, Sony will be begging to renegotiate and keep Spidey in the MCU. If they are stupid enough to mess up that deal then I'll gladly sit back and watch them crash and burn as they destroy another Spiderman franchise.

Sony's model for Spidey from the beginning has always been "release two movies, then implode." So agreeing to let him be in the MCU for two outings sounds about right.

Lol, no he won't. As soon as they see how much this movie and it's sequel will bank, Sony will be begging to renegotiate and keep Spidey in the MCU. If they are stupid enough to mess up that deal then I'll gladly sit back and watch them crash and burn as they destroy another Spiderman franchise.

Spidey doesn't need the MCU. When you adjust for inflation and the lack of 3D & IMAX, The Raimi films made more money than any MCU movie to date.

ASM2 hurt them so they were vulnerable and got talked into sharing him. But there's no need for that.

All SONY has to do now is make great movies again (what they should have done instead of rebooting and making the deal with Marvel).

SONY will beg Marvel/Disney to keep using Spidey when their R rated Venom and Black Cat films fail.

Naturally, that's what a Marvel Studios disciple would want (and say) but its only wishful thinking. SONY made that deal with Marvel in a pre-Deadpool, pre-Logan CBM arena. Things have changed and a more intelligent and mature approach to CBMs has now been proven viable. The MCU is no longer the sole game in town.

SONY's films can completely obliterate any MCU offering. How? By not having to play by the rules that have made the MCU so ****ing bland.

All she did was praise the deal :lol

She even said what i've been saying....these characters stuck in seperate studios have hit a ceiling, too much repetition, no growth.

She even said what i've been saying....these characters stuck in seperate studios have hit a ceiling, too much repetition, no growth.

I feel that that's only true for Spiderman, because there is only so much Sony can do with the character without dipping on the rest of the Marvel Universe. Not even the FOX X-Men suffer from this issue. There are so many mutants, so many stories. Damn, they could even take mutants to space to fight aliens if they wanted to. How many times can we see Spidey fight some street level bad guy though? Not many, which is why is great that he is (and hopefully will be forever) in the MCU. Can't wait to see him interact with the HULK.

Naturally, that's what a Marvel Studios disciple would want (and say) but its only wishful thinking. SONY made that deal with Marvel in a pre-Deadpool, pre-Logan CBM arena. Things have changed and a more intelligent and mature approach to CBMs has now been proven viable. The MCU is no longer the sole game in town.

SONY's films can completely obliterate any MCU offering. How? By not having to play by the rules that have made the MCU so ****ing bland.

>Intelligent and mature approach to CBM
>Uses Deadpool as example

:lol

I'm glad Spidey is where he belongs.

Maybe he'll only be in 2 or 3 additional films, but maybe he won't.

MCU has a proven formula that keeps making money with multiple franchises in different mediums.

Sony is one bad Spider-Man...or Venom film :)lol) from rebooting...again, then what... Black Cat? :lol

tenor.gif

>Intelligent and mature approach to CBM
>Uses Deadpool as example

:lol

I'm glad Spidey is where he belongs.

Maybe he'll only be in 2 or 3 additional films, but maybe he won't.

MCU has a proven formula that keeps making money with multiple franchises in different mediums.

Sony is one bad Spider-Man...or Venom film :)lol) from rebooting...again, then what... Black Cat? :lol

lol so true, well said.

During a Sony meeting about rebooting Spiderman they will reboot the meeting.

Back