Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the coupon be used together with rewards points? I added the "cellartoys" coupon and it did deduct $10 from the $44.00 total. I then tried to add $34.00 of rewards points to cover the rest of the balance but it only showed up as $0.34 instead of $34.00

Yes, you should be able to use your rewards as well. Did you type enough zeroes? (3400)

Yes, you should be able to use your rewards as well. Did you type enough zeroes?
I have a total of $53.80 in rewards. I typed in 34.00 in the field but, like I said, it only deducts 34 cents. I'll try it again later when the wife goes to the market. Oh, the stresses of being a collector. :ROFLMAO:

The following exchange on Mars' Facebook made me want to go...

View attachment 649079

In all seriousness, because a lot of people don't seem to have a clue what's going on, they likely didn't realise it was two complete figures this time.

Though it did prompt me to double check the original price of the Joker. He was $205, same as the re-issue. If that's the benchmark, then the second Riddler body and outfit is only costing $60 (before discounts).

You can compare this set to Regular Joker + Pagliacci Joker. These would be 205 + 138 = 343 but you get 1 smiling head and a box on top. Keep the box, sell the head for 60 and you get the Joker set for 283. Granted the Pagliacci set might be a little more complex than the cat suit (or vice versa?), but the value you get is pretty equal.

Penguin should be a simpler set as his outfit never really changed. The working umbrella might up the price a bit OR give us less accessories than usual.

Yes, they could do what they did with Joker and give us a completely separate Commodore outfit, and they might.

My most anticipated figure in this line is Penguin, so I just can't wait to see his multiple expressions -- although I'm certain to use the excellent one they've already shown. It's classic Penguin -- teeth gritted on his cigarette holder.

Penguin should be a simpler set as his outfit never really changed. The working umbrella might up the price a bit OR give us less accessories than usual.

Yes, they could do what they did with Joker and give us a completely separate Commodore outfit, and they might.

My most anticipated figure in this line is Penguin, so I just can't wait to see his multiple expressions -- although I'm certain to use the excellent one they've already shown. It's classic Penguin -- teeth gritted on his cigarette holder.
I hope they don't do a two-pack for Penguin as I think the Commodore outfit is much less notable than either of the Riddler options. If they do a two-pack, I can honestly see them upping the ante when they get to Catwoman and doing a three figure set of all three actresses. That would probably maximize their profits as I have to assume that Newmar is the far and away favorite...

Ordered and ordered thank you all that shared the coupon also. I def want Catwoman and Penguin..

The working umbrella might up the price a bit....
So long as it's a functioning, smoke spewing, spinning, self propelled flying, helicopter umbrella, it shouldn't be a problem.
7s5u1b.gif

7s5ujv.gif

7s5rn5.gif

(LOL kidding, I am curios iif they can pull-off as you sugest an opening umbrella at this scale.
Maybe add some kind of trigger. to invoke all the gadgets flame, sparks, and a couple of different smoke color attachments (similar to HotTotys Mando whistling-birds or flame-thrower atachment effect) .
7s5tn6.gif

7s5v7n.gif

And...
7s5vd4.gif

A nasty jar of sardines and mechanical/stuffed penguin could be fun...
7s5s8r.gif

7s5vv3.gif

I think I need to move this to the Penguin thread - Mars Toys 1/6 Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the penguin is going to be next. I really wish it were going to be Batgirl or catwoman.

Last edited:
Batgirl would be my choice for the next one, even if I didn’t already have a great custom Penguin. And even then, I’d probably buy Mars’ version too

Ordered! Love dealing with Kit, feels like you're ordering from a friend. I remember when SS felt that way - don't get me wrong they still have good customer service and all, but remember when they use to post here? That was cool.

And then they went to town on the board even forcing it to change the name.

I think this is likely exactly what happened. Selling the two separately wouldn't have quite halved the profit, but it would've taken a substantial hit. While I would not buy the suit and hat version if they were solo, I'll cough up the extra dollars to ensure I get the Riddler I want and will figure out what to do with the pieces and parts after the fact.

Funny, same thought here except I'm on the opposite end and wanted the suit version instead of the tights version. I'll probably sell off the extra figure somewhere down the line.

Yeah, I wish the suit version was sold separately. The tights, of course, are more iconic but I always really liked his fancier threads. Skipping this one, but will definitely pick up Penguin, Batgirl, and Catwoman.

Ordered! Love dealing with Kit, feels like you're ordering from a friend. I remember when SS felt that way - don't get me wrong they still have good customer service and all, but remember when they use to post here? That was cool.

And then they went to town on the board even forcing it to change the name.
Never ordered from SSC again since they went mad at Dave. Never forget your roots.

Agreed on OSK. There is just a good feeling ordering from someone who is that reliable.

Back